• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

I can't believe The Cavs traded Hickson for Omar Casspi. He's 100x better than Triston Thompson. If they drafted Barnes and kept Hickson, they're lineup would be a lot fucking better.

Kryie
Gibson
Barnes
Hickson
Varejao

Iman Shumpert: Best athlete-rapper? (skip to 2:10)

His legend grows...

Even the most prolific of the sports world’s active MCs, Metta World Peace hasn’t quite cracked the code. According to one of Metta’s rhyme-spitting peers, the Lakers forward’s most recent offering, “Represented,” leaves plenty to be desired.

“Oh, he’s horrible. He is horrible,” says Iman Shumpert of the New York Knicks.

“’Represented’ is brutal. Just brutal. I feel him on, ‘I’m not letting anybody tell me anything, I’m just going to do my music.’ More power to him. But it’s not my type of music.”
EAST COAST, BITCH.

Right... an NBA championship and gold medalist who is likely on his last legs needs to expand his game. A guy who has primarily been a low post player is going to start camping out at the 3 point line?

Either make some personnel changes ASAP or start making game plans that works for the team, and not just for the sake of promoting a certain system.

Good god D'Antoni is a terrible coach. I take back any good things I've said about him.

This D'antoni small ball shit with Metta coming of the bench at the 4 is the most depressing shit I've heard about all year. WTF. Can't believe he's going public with wanting Pau shooting the 3 ball.

Some Knicks fan in here joked when Pau shot a three during a game Bernie was coaching and said something to the extent of "Dat D'antoni future!" I remember thinking, "Nah ... he's not that stupid. He knows what team he's taking on." I just figured it was standard GAF trolling at the time too ...

I hope they trade Pau. He deserves better than being relegated to the arc so D'antoni can run his system without modification.

linsivvi

This D'antoni small ball shit with Metta coming of the bench at the 4 is the most depressing shit I've heard about all year. WTF. Can't believe he's going public with wanting Pau shooting the 3 ball.

Some Knicks fan in here joked when Pau shot a three during a game Bernie was coaching and said something to the extent of "Dat D'antoni future!" I remember thinking, "Nah ... he's not that stupid. He knows what team he's taking on." I just figured it was standard GAF trolling at the time too ...

I hope they trade Pau. He deserves better than being relegated to the arc so D'antoni can run his system without modification.

I know. It's depressing as hell and makes zero sense.

Guess I'll just quote Magic again. It makes me feel better.

"What the coach has to do is say I have a certain philosophy but I don't have the players to play that scheme and that system, but what I do have is two of the best 7-footers in the game. When Pau Gasol was on that block, he averaged 18 points. He shot 53 percent. And he is the best passing big man in the game.

"But you have him at the free-throw line. That makes no sense. That's not his game. His game is catch it on the low block, face his man and make a move to the cup. He has great moves."

"You got to find a way to get Gasol going. If I'm D'Antoni, you know what's the first thing I would do when I got the job? 'Where do you like it?' Because that's where I'm going to give it to him."

Four game win streak? I'm thinking four game win streak. If you gotta cough up a pick to OKC, might as well make it some janky-ass late lotto pick it a shitty draft.

I know. It's depressing as hell and makes zero sense.

Guess I'll just quote Magic again. It makes me feel better.

It's fucked on muiltiple levels. Pushing Jordan Hill further down the bench is just another stupid thing this move does and he openly admits that.

Who knows ... maybe they're trying to package Hill in with a Trade for Pau. I'm trying to picture the conversation Buss had with D'antoni when discussing his position. I would imagine team personnel and coaching philosophy came up. Either he said he was willing to bend his style to the team or discussion of changes had to have happened that night as well.

Top Bottom