• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, none of their perimeter players have knees and might implode on the court if they became a running team.

nickyounghair0711b.jpg

I only caught the first two games Nick Young had with The Clips. He shot like hot ass. Has he gotten better Adam? I really thought he would have a big impact on that team considering the players at 2 and 3 being lackluster.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
His offball movement is mediocre at best. Even if he isn't a curl shooter, off ball movement can lead to drive and dishes, slashes and many other things for the ball handler and teammates. The last thing LeBron should be is a spot up shooter. He should run off of screens barrel towards the basket and use his passing ability to hit Wade and Bosh.

If Bron would routinely curl, lose his defender off of screens and slash it would result in lots of opportunities for him and his teammates. You can blame his coaches for that, but its still something that he could take advantage of but doesn't.

Yeah, off-ball movement doesn't always mean moving without the ball to get our own shot. Its a big misconception...

Actually, I think they have a very good chance of making the finals this year. Thibodeau is a really, really good coach.

Edit: Nick Young has looked so-so. He at least attacks the rim from time-to-time and plays pretty good defense. His jump shot leaves a lot to be desired, though. Still, considering the fact that his reputation for being a ball hog doesn't seem to have manifested itself in his Clippers tenure so far, he was a steal considering the Clippers gave up dead weight in Brian Cook to get him.

giri

Clippers are right where they need to be with the talent they have.

Their best player is 6'0 and their second best is in his 2nd season.

Chris has no shooters for himself to be pushing pace. Unless, Blake magically learned to hit free throws.

Yes, he only had 4 shooters (now 3) before chauncey went down who are .350 or better from 3. Complete lack of shooters.

giri

Also, YNB would be terrible in international play again. He's still much the same player, just better now at drawing NBA fouls.

I'm also not sure he's got enough IQ to be able to adjust his game to FIBA rules.

Rose/CP3/ Deron should be your PG's.
Kobe/Wade
LBJ/Melo/Durant (Durant Starting)
Love/LMA/Bosh
Chandler/LO/Dwight

That would be the best FIBA team i could think of for USA. Probably Deron/Kobe/Durant/Love/Chandler starting lineup.

Lowry said he might not be able to return this season from his bacterial infection and its treatment, but was happy just to be back at a morning shootaround.

“It was very scary for awhile,” Lowry said. “I had a temperature of 104 for a couple days. It's not a good feeling. It's very scary, but it's something that you learn from and you have do deal with and do what you have to do to get better. If I waited a little bit longer I could have been (in danger.) I could have been in a real bad situation if I waited a day longer to go in.

“They don't have a clue how it happened or how this situation came about.”

Wade sex party, IMO

Canuck76

Banned

Hahahaha well...... i didn't see that game. Dude does have a point though. Some pretty egregious crap with not going hard because your yapping with the refs and whatnot. But i don't know man. The stuff that was happening in the playoffs last year was even worse.

Just bad unforced turnovers. He's getting better though and i think they can win a championship with him. He just needs to focus a little more on using the whole clock and running good plays fully.

Also, YNB would be terrible in international play again. He's still much the same player, just better now at drawing NBA fouls.

I'm also not sure he's got enough IQ to be able to adjust his game to FIBA rules.

Rose/CP3/ Deron should be your PG's.
Kobe/Wade
LBJ/Melo/Durant (Durant Starting)
Love/LMA/Bosh
Chandler/LO/Dwight

That would be the best FIBA team i could think of for USA. Probably Deron/Kobe/Durant/Love/Chandler starting lineup.

14 players? I thought it was 12 or 13. LO shouldn't be there. Not with his head messed up.

If it's 12, I'd take out Chandler. But I agree with every player here (besides LO) if it's 14 players.

giri

14 players? I thought it was 12 or 13. LO shouldn't be there. Not with his head messed up.

If it's 12, I'd take out Chandler. But I agree with every player here (besides LO) if it's 14 players.

I'd drop LO before chandler i guess. I like chandler because he can shot FT's, so in the clutch, your C isn't a liability. You can't hack-a-chandler.

I guess you could leave melo out, but he is actually really good @ FIBA ball, so either drop LMA or Bosh? Probably LMA Or just rotate them through. Either way.

I'd drop LO before chandler i guess. I like chandler because he can shot FT's, so in the clutch, your C isn't a liability. You can't hack-a-chandler.

I guess you could leave melo out, but he is actually really good @ FIBA ball, so either drop LMA or Bosh? Probably LMA Or just rotate them through. Either way.

In the clutch I'd have LMA at C or Love. Takes care of the FTs

Put dwight in for defensive stops.

Not that it should come to that.

giri

Exactly how many minutes are Foye/Paul/Williams playing together in an uptempo system for them to shoot 3s?

Their starting lineup is CP3, X, Caron.

X (Being Foye, Williams, or Billups this year) and Caron are both .350 or better.

The myth they don't have any shooters is stupid.

The spacing problems with letting both DJ and Blake just stand in the paint isn't a myth.

Their starting lineup is CP3, X, Caron.

X (Being Foye, Williams, or Billups this year) and Caron are both .350 or better.

The myth they don't have any shooters is stupid.

The spacing problems with letting both DJ and Blake just stand in the paint isn't a myth.

Caron is shooting like shit this year. You told me he'd shoot 40%. I told you he wouldn't.

34.5% from 3. 36% from 16-23 feet.

In his 15 games in March, that's 29% from 3 and 26% from 16-23. He's getting worse every month.

Caron Gomes, like I said.

Until Blake has a decent mid range game, pairing him with DJ isn't going to end well. Or Dj has to learn how to score consistently without touching the rim. And even then they're both suspect on the defensive end. Rockets took it to Blake every possession towards the end of the game.

They overpaid for a C who can't score on his own, and has an inflated sense of worth due to DAT SHOTBLOCKING and his man to man defense is subpar for a guy of his size and athleticism.

Clips bigs are supremely overrated.

man this bron v durant shit got me thinking about the shit we argued about as kids...

worthy vs mchale

reggie lewis vs byron scott

mark price or kevin johnson

shawn kemp or richard simmons: man seeing kemp day 1 post lockout was a big fat "fuck you cleveland" moment from Jehova literally.

nba may be best it's been in a while...i'm converting...

giri

Caron is shooting like shit this year. You told me he'd shoot 40%. I told you he wouldn't.

34.5% from 3. 36% from 16-23 feet.

In his 15 games in March, that's 29% from 3 and 26% from 16-23. He's getting worse every month.

Caron Gomes, like I said.

He started out really bad, and has come back from injury both times, poorly, getting better with more games.

He won't be .400 this year, but i expect he'll be back up around .36 by seasons end.

His overall FG% is crap because he's not getting the shots at the basket he used too, and the clippers are using him as a late possession bail out guy. Got 2 seconds on the clock, Blake has the ball and isn't going anywhere? throw it to Caron and force him to throw up a shit shot!

Until Blake has a decent mid range game, pairing him with DJ isn't going to end well. Or Dj has to learn how to score consistently without touching the rim. And even then they're both suspect on the defensive end. Rockets took it to Blake every possession towards the end of the game.

They overpaid for a C who can't score on his own, and has an inflated sense of worth due to DAT SHOTBLOCKING and his man to man defense is subpar for a guy of his size and athleticism.

I think you can find spacing easily enough, if you really try for it. If DJ is off setting a screen weak side whilst blake/CP3 are in a PnR, DJ's defender has to be paying attention to whats going on. That sort of thing.

I completely agree that DJ has been a supreme dissapointment though, he should stop trying to be LBJ, and focus on being Tyson Chandler.

It's gonna be interesting to see how big of a jump Blake takes next year. Could be scary good.

lol, Jazz keep sending Raja Bell to different doctors to check his knee which they say has an issue and which Raja Bell says doesn't. This is an amazing situation.

DeAndre Jordan's man defense isn't really that overrated, it's that his help defense is really overrated. He can gamble for blocks, but he gives up easy layups to drivers all the time because he only blocks shots.

He started out really bad, and has come back from injury both times, poorly, getting better with more games.

He won't be .400 this year, but i expect he'll be back up around .36 by seasons end.

His overall FG% is crap because he's not getting the shots at the basket he used too, and the clippers are using him as a late possession bail out guy. Got 2 seconds on the clock, Blake has the ball and isn't going anywhere? throw it to Caron and force him to throw up a shit shot!

This isn't true at all. Caron takes tons of early contested jump shots. I know, I've watch enough of the games to see it. He's not the bailout guy, Cp3 moreso is. Caron's worst percentages from with 10-4 seconds left on the clock, not the final 3.

He's getting less shots at the rim because his knees are done and the the Clips always play a big man who can't play O in DeAndre or Evans.

He didn't start out bad at all. He's gotten worse every month. December-Jan was his best month of the season by far.

Are you just making things up?

According to the intrepid reporters at TMZ, Kobe Bryant is now the proud owner of a Ferrari 458 Italia, a fancy-and-fast-as-hell "supercar" that officially makes him the coolest guy in school. (Or, at least, the coolest guy on the Los Angeles Lakers bench.)

"We're told the Black Mamba paid $329,000 yesterday for the car ... which he paid for in full with a check," TMZ reported. It was probably a designer Batman check, because Kobe is Batman. (Also: Duh.)

DYlU8.jpg

Clips blah blah :)

Best Cav's moment was front row with pops. Right after dad said lenny is a good man lenny ripped this little ditty out to Hot Rod Williams:

Goddammit Will you gotta move your dumb n* ass off them goddamn picks. Fuck it. Next time he jumps out to pick you elbow his goddamn ass....he soft....got it?

Lol

giri

This isn't true at all. Caron takes tons of early contested jump shots. I know, I've watch enough of the games to see it. He's not the bailout guy, Cp3 moreso is. Caron's worst percentages from with 10-4 seconds left on the clock, not the final 3.

He's getting less shots at the rim because his knees are done and the the Clips always play a big man who can't play O in DeAndre or Evans.

He didn't start out bad at all. He's gotten worse every month. December-Jan was his best month of the season by far.

Are you just making things up?

No, i just completely disagree with the above and it doesn't match what I've seen.

No, i just completely disagree with the above and it doesn't match what I've seen.

maybe you have only watch 3 or 4 games...or maybe you haven't seen a clipper game the past month.

You are wrong. Dead wrong. Stats say it. My eyes say it. Anyone's rational eyes say it,

FFS, I've been on a Caron Gomes watch the last 2 weeks. I posted his like 10 game log of atrociousness about a week ago. And it's continues.

thekad

Banned
Amare and Lowry out for the season. This should tell Morey something.

Hey Kings fans, if you got the #1 pick, would you do: Lowry + #10 + #14 for #1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom