• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
DYlU8.jpg

That car to Kobe is the equivalent of a $20 dinner for middle-class people.

Emwitus

i dunno, baron has had weird ball control as well. i think a lot of time having lin on the court boosts team morale even if hes passing the ball to the other team

lol good point. But, he's proved a bit since the initial insanity run. Better control, and doesn't just run into the lane as he intially was doing. Encouraging signs.

pilonv1

ESPN/Chris Palmer: "5 emerging starters to watch"

Lawson
Thornton
George
Monroe
Pekovic

This was published on the 21st of March.

h3ro

Amare was finally playing well.... Shit. :(

Get an epidural in his back and get him ready for next year. Jeffries being out compounds the issue. If he was healthy, the first unit D would have been really solid with Tyson and Jared.

Time to start hitting shots Melo.

So you mean play really, really well, but ultimately lose because it's still not enough?

naw man, he needs to spirit bomb the shit outta the bucks tonight

lol good point. But, he's proved a bit since the initial insanity run. Better control, and doesn't just run into the lane as he intially was doing. Encouraging signs.

hes definitely getting better, though he probably wont improve much more this season. next season should be great for lin

pilonv1

Brian Mahoney ‏ @briancmahoney
Amare's out indefinitely, Lin out tonight, and Woodson doesn't think Baron can play 30 minutes. Not a promising start to an important night.

Sounds like Bibby could be playing 20 minutes.

Vahagn

Just some thoughts about last night's LAL game:

Mike Brown you're full retard...you don't bench Kobe at that juncture unless you're DAMN sure you're gonna get a win. It's a gamble he took, didn't pay off, and now there are more issues in Lakerland today than there were yesterday

Kobe had a bad first half...went like four for four in the 3rd quarter and then ended the game with damn near 50% shooting. 7/15. That's why I'm not big on FG%...if you watch the game you can tell when a player is shooting his team out of the game...and Kobe wasn't doing that yesterday despite being like 20% from the field in the first half.

Ramon NEEDS to come off the bench. Ramon needs to play with the Bench plus Bynum or Pau AND NO KOBE for about 6-8 minutes a game where all he does is run PnR and fast breaks with Barnes / McRoberts etc. We need a sixth man...it's as if Brown has no concept of how important LO / Ginobli / Jet were to their championship teams.

POINTS PER GAME
1st
OVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME
5th
OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME
2nd
OVERALL

Man, you would think Denver wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot...
POINTS ALLOWED
29th
OVERALL

Ouch. Either way, I think they have a good chance at beating us tonight even though we're at home. Bulls' D looked a step off the last couple games.

Emwitus

Knicks are where Lakers will be if we don't seriously start retooling for the future.

We really need to start playing morris more minutes now. With how terrible blake has been playing and with his obviously fragility if he goes down in the playoffs we are screwed. I don't know what brown is thinking and pretty much why i prefer coaches like Pap and Thibs who utilize their benches to the max. Can't the lakers see kobe is playing abnormally high minutes for his age? Seriously.

POINTS PER GAME
1st
OVERALL

REBOUNDS PER GAME
5th
OVERALL

ASSISTS PER GAME
2nd
OVERALL

Man, you would think Denver wouldn't be fighting for a playoff spot...
POINTS ALLOWED
29th
OVERALL

Ouch. Either way, I think they have a good chance at beating us tonight even though we're at home. Bulls' D looked a step off the last couple games.

Their offensive numbers are slightly inflated and their defensive numbers slightly deflated by their insane pace. Not that they're good at all defensively especially after the Nene for McGee trade.

Vahagn

Why has Glock been benched for the past couple weeks? I know Kapono played a couple games before the deadline (probably at the insistence of Mitch to help us move him) but Glock hasn't played at all despite being the only consistent scorer off the bench.

Any stories? Like maybe he slept with Vanessa?

Just some thoughts about last night's LAL game:

Mike Brown you're full retard...you don't bench Kobe at that juncture unless you're DAMN sure you're gonna get a win. It's a gamble he took, didn't pay off, and now there are more issues in Lakerland today than there were yesterday

Kobe had a bad first half...went like four for four in the 3rd quarter and then ended the game with damn near 50% shooting. 7/15. That's why I'm not big on FG%...if you watch the game you can tell when a player is shooting his team out of the game...and Kobe wasn't doing that yesterday despite being like 20% from the field in the first half.

Ramon NEEDS to come off the bench. Ramon needs to play with the Bench plus Bynum or Pau AND NO KOBE for about 6-8 minutes a game where all he does is run PnR and fast breaks with Barnes / McRoberts etc. We need a sixth man...it's as if Brown has no concept of how important LO / Ginobli / Jet were to their championship teams.

All of this just boils down to Mike Brown not knowing how a real rotation works. From what I see, I think he needs to be an assistant coach until he learns how to get a cohesive team and do more than just be defensive. I don't care if he worked under Pop... Pop may be a defensive coach, but at least he knows how to run an offense and have a healthy rotation. He WILL sacrifice couple of games for the long run of the team. Mike Brown will not.

Mike Brown will also not let your 2nd team grow. I thought Jackson was terribad with rookies. Brown will not play players who are in a slump to basically tell them "hey, you're bad out there; figure something out because we need you in the playoffs." See: Troy Murphy, Jason Kapono.

Emwitus

All of this just boils down to Mike Brown not knowing how a real rotation works. From what I see, I think he needs to be an assistant coach until he learns how to get a cohesive team and do more than just be defensive. I don't care if he worked under Pop... Pop may be a defensive coach, but at least he knows how to run an offense and have a healthy rotation. He WILL sacrifice couple of games for the long run of the team. Mike Brown will not.

Mike Brown will also not let your 2nd team grow. I thought Jackson was terribad with rookies. Brown will not play players who are in a slump to basically tell them "hey, you're bad out there; figure something out because we need you in the playoffs." See: Troy Murphy, Jason Kapono.

THIS. Why aren't we playing our rookies?????? Fraking frustrating. Look at the bulls, miami, spurs, okc......No wonder kobe is stocking up those minutes. If you have to sacrifice to gain, too bad we squandered that opportunity by giving away stupid games against teams like detroit and washington.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Why has Glock been benched for the past couple weeks? I know Kapono played a couple games before the deadline (probably at the insistence of Mitch to help us move him) but Glock hasn't played at all despite being the only consistent scorer off the bench.

Any stories? Like maybe he slept with Vanessa?

Apparently Mike Brown would rather play a Sessions/Blake combo...haha

This was the same shit that happened with Ebanks and Mcroberts. And now Mcroberts is again magically in the lineup. His rotations make no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom