• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

h3ro

this melo form will return to save us.

Carmelo-Anthony-dupont-Elise.jpg

Braids melo was best melo.

Lin out tonight as well. Sprained/swollen knee.

Bdiddy/Jennings in a compton turf war tonight. Ersan is gonna drop 30+ tonight.

Emwitus

Ebanks has potential, so does glock but for some weird reason blake is getting some minutes. I thought that was why we got rid of fisher? Cause if this is the case we might as well have kept him.

Ebanks has potential, so does glock but for some weird reason blake is getting some minutes. I thought that was why we got rid of fisher? Cause if this is the case we might as well have kept him.

NP! Kobe/Pau/Bynum will give us 60+ pts a night! With Sessions and Barnes giving us 10 pts each, we're set.

I swear this is what Mike Brown is thinking.

Their offensive numbers are slightly inflated and their defensive numbers slightly deflated by their insane pace. Not that they're good at all defensively especially after the Nene for McGee trade.

Damn, I also just noticed that they are 26-23 overall, 14-22 against the West and 12-1 against the East! They've beaten every East playoff team/contender (MIA, BOS, PHI, ATL, IND, NYC, MIL) except Orlando or the Bulls, and they haven't played either yet.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@johnschuhmann said:
Stoudemire is owed $65 million over the next 3 years. Has had 2 back issues in the last 11 months. Contract is uninsured. Oof.

unf

The M.O.B

Heat being lazy on defense again, annoying team.

And apprently even after yesterday they think it's fine to turnover the ball 6 times in 6 minutes.

Vahagn

Well the McRoberts thing makes sense. He benched him when our scoring went down in favor of Murphy who could score...then Murphy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for a couple weeks so McRoberts got playing time again.

The Glock thing though? Makes no sense. Play Sessions 35 min a night, play Blake 13, use Glock as Kobe's replacement...that's your backcourt rotation. No reason to be retarded with it Mike

Emwitus

Well the McRoberts thing makes sense. He benched him when our scoring went down in favor of Murphy who could score...then Murphy couldn't hit the broad side of a barn for a couple weeks so McRoberts got playing time again.

The Glock thing though? Makes no sense. Play Sessions 35 min a night, play Blake 13, use Glock as Kobe's replacement...that's your backcourt rotation. No reason to be retarded with it Mike

Here is my issue, why give blake any minutes? We know what he can do....which is NOTHING. He has had an year and half to prove himself, to atleast be consistent....and still NOTHING. Why not try something else, give morris or goudelock a few games. Kobe is averaging a higher assist ratio than this guy and that's what he's there for. I wouldn't be surprised if pau did too. Can't shoot, can't defend, can't assist.............agh!

Why has Glock been benched for the past couple weeks? I know Kapono played a couple games before the deadline (probably at the insistence of Mitch to help us move him) but Glock hasn't played at all despite being the only consistent scorer off the bench.

Any stories? Like maybe he slept with Vanessa?

Glock struggled shooting a couple games or something. The line given was that in those games Kapono played because he was a bigger guard and he was defending a bigger player which is why Glock sat.

But I'd rather have Glock defend Dwight Howard 1 on 1 than Kapono guard Fisher 1 on 1. Kapono is so bad at D and worthless in general.

I am fully convinced Mitch traded Kapono to prevent Brown from playing him ever again. He wasn't being showcased. And since he was a min vet, NBA league reimburses his salary to Cavs, so his salary meant nothing to them and he didn't have to be included in the trade.

Mike Brown was okay the first half of the year. He tried Morris out when Blake got hurt. That obviously failed and he went to Glock and it worked. he stuck to it until Blake returned, then moved Glock to the backup 2. McBobs got hurt and he played Murphy and somehow that wasn't too bad. He stuck him on a crappy offensive player and he was hitting his 3s.

But then things turned. Murphy was being terrible at shooting and it took Brown 2 weeks too long to get McBobs back in, but at least he finally did it. though, Murphy still plays. But Glock has been benched forever, now, and it makes no sense. So a backup SG has a couple mediocre outings and that's it? He done? Fuck that. Let him play.

I don't understand how he doesn't see the value in glock's shooting.

There are 3 ways to fix the Laker lineups and Brown has to go with them, or we can't contend.

A. Ramon off the bench. Blake plays 6-8 minutes a half with the starting unit. His value is spot up shooting and the team starters can cover his defensive liability. Ramon will be the scoring threat off the bench and set up guy. Allows the bench to play fast with glock, barnes, and Mcbobs.

B. Take Ramon out early each quarter and put him in with the second unit more. Same effect as above by putting him on the second unit.

C. Take Kobe out early ala Dirk in Dallas. At the 6 minute mark of each half, take Kobe out. Allow Ramon + bigs to play 3 minutes in the 1st. Then bring Kobe back in with the 2nd unit at the 10 min mark and give a short rest in the 2nd Q at like the 8 min mark. This allows Kobe to be the "scorer off the bench." If he's going to chuck, chuck when Blake & McBobs is in, not Ramon + 2 bigs. This will also set up more open shots for Glock with the 2 bigs + Ramon.

Really, the answers lie in A or C. And Ramon needs more minutes with Barnes. pretty obvious Barnes is a perfect complement to his style by running and cutting.

Sigh. Brown's rotations have gone ape-shit for about 2 weeks now.

Apparently Mike Brown would rather play a Sessions/Blake combo...haha

This was the same shit that happened with Ebanks and Mcroberts. And now Mcroberts is again magically in the lineup. His rotations make no sense.

I'm happy to see smarts posts like this. Fisher trade for Jordan Hill? Time to start giving McRoberts minutes he should have been getting weeks in advance. It's a crime to Glock isn't out there in a speed bench lineup with Ramon running the point.

Here is my issue, why give blake any minutes? We know what he can do....which is NOTHING. He has had an year and half to prove himself, to atleast be consistent....and still NOTHING. Why not try something else, give morris or goudelock a few games. Kobe is averaging a higher assist ratio than this guy and that's what he's there for. I wouldn't be surprised if pau did too. Can't shoot, can't defend, can't assist.............agh!

Blake still played better than Fisher this season. The last few games he's been mediocre...but he's played fine this season with the first unit.

er..fine being, passable enough. Not that he's been good, or anything.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
The Knicks are playing without Jeffries and Lin tonight.
Lol Amare

Monta is going to destroy us.

Emwitus

Blake still played better than Fisher this season. The last few games he's been mediocre...but he's played fine this season with the first unit.

Key words here are HE PLAYED BETTER THAN FISHER :( Good write up a few posts above though. If only brown read gaf. I think sessions should come of the bench but blake gives us absolutely no production in the starting unit. Teams know he is not a threat on penetration, can't pull up and shoot, is a horrible passer in the post and is slow on defence. I really hope mike gives morris another try.

Key words here are HE PLAYED BETTER THAN FISHER :( Good write up a few posts above though. If only brown read gaf. I think sessions should come of the bench but blake gives us absolutely no production in the starting unit. Teams no he is not threat on penetration, can't pull up and shoot, is a horrible passer in the post and is slow on defence. I really hope mike gives morris another try.

eh, Blake is a decent passer, just his decision making has been poor the last few outings.

I agree his defense blows. But at the same time, it's not his fault he's guarding OJ Mayo. That's on Brown. Should never happen.

I was on the Free Morris bandwagon earlier in the year (just check the thread) but he showed me absolutely nothing. Dude couldn't even dribble. He's not ready to play in the NBA. Maybe next season.

Glock's problem is he can't pass. or make decisions that don't revolve around him shooting. He's not a PG at all.

The Barnes-Peace bench lineup confuses me. I don't see how Brown thinks Peace on the bench is a good thing. He doesn't space the floor. He doesn't cut. he doesn't run. He's defending a backup player, so his value is lost. WTF.

Glock is needed for floor spacing for Drew. It's not a shock Drew is being more selfish. No one can shoot on the bench. Drew willingly passed to Glock this season.

IMO, I would have Barnes entry into Bynum from the wing, then run through to the weak side corner. Then I would have Glock slide over to the strong wing are with Blake going to the other wing. Then have McBobs run a cut or get reb position after screening for Barnes on his run through. barnes also having the option to move to blake and screen him to the corner, then flash cut to the rim.

Best possible scenario. yes, I've been thinking entirely too much about this. Just so frustrated.

FREE GLOCK AND FUCK JOHN IRELAND.

For all of NBA-gaf that wasn't on IRC during the great lockout of 2012. I have an announcement to make.

I'm taking my talents to Los Angeles next semester.

So yeah Lakeshow meet-up at a game is a must.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom