• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

It's the Nets, but I wonder if the Jazz players are going to have the legs to win this one. But again, it is the Nets...so I feel pretty good about it.

The M.O.B

Bosh is so good when the Heat give him the ball in good position and clear out for him. He still doesn't get enough chances to do this, instead Heat just give him jumpers.

Bosh is so good when the Heat give him the ball in good position and clear out for him. He still doesn't get enough chances to do this, instead Heat just give him jumpers.

I'd rather give it to him in key situations rather than pound the ball and crank a long jumper or turn it over

Vahagn

Glock struggled shooting a couple games or something. The line given was that in those games Kapono played because he was a bigger guard and he was defending a bigger player which is why Glock sat.

But I'd rather have Glock defend Dwight Howard 1 on 1 than Kapono guard Fisher 1 on 1. Kapono is so bad at D and worthless in general.

I am fully convinced Mitch traded Kapono to prevent Brown from playing him ever again. He wasn't being showcased. And since he was a min vet, NBA league reimburses his salary to Cavs, so his salary meant nothing to them and he didn't have to be included in the trade.

Mike Brown was okay the first half of the year. He tried Morris out when Blake got hurt. That obviously failed and he went to Glock and it worked. he stuck to it until Blake returned, then moved Glock to the backup 2. McBobs got hurt and he played Murphy and somehow that wasn't too bad. He stuck him on a crappy offensive player and he was hitting his 3s.

But then things turned. Murphy was being terrible at shooting and it took Brown 2 weeks too long to get McBobs back in, but at least he finally did it. though, Murphy still plays. But Glock has been benched forever, now, and it makes no sense. So a backup SG has a couple mediocre outings and that's it? He done? Fuck that. Let him play.

I don't understand how he doesn't see the value in glock's shooting.

There are 3 ways to fix the Laker lineups and Brown has to go with them, or we can't contend.

A. Ramon off the bench. Blake plays 6-8 minutes a half with the starting unit. His value is spot up shooting and the team starters can cover his defensive liability. Ramon will be the scoring threat off the bench and set up guy. Allows the bench to play fast with glock, barnes, and Mcbobs.

B. Take Ramon out early each quarter and put him in with the second unit more. Same effect as above by putting him on the second unit.

C. Take Kobe out early ala Dirk in Dallas. At the 6 minute mark of each half, take Kobe out. Allow Ramon + bigs to play 3 minutes in the 1st. Then bring Kobe back in with the 2nd unit at the 10 min mark and give a short rest in the 2nd Q at like the 8 min mark. This allows Kobe to be the "scorer off the bench." If he's going to chuck, chuck when Blake & McBobs is in, not Ramon + 2 bigs. This will also set up more open shots for Glock with the 2 bigs + Ramon.

Really, the answers lie in A or C. And Ramon needs more minutes with Barnes. pretty obvious Barnes is a perfect complement to his style by running and cutting.

Sigh. Brown's rotations have gone ape-shit for about 2 weeks now.

Pretty much on point. I mentioned the McBobs Murphy thing earlier and Morris was a joke. We lost some of those games that Blake was out simply because we had to play Morris' horrible ass.

Backcourt rotation should be Sessions 38minutes / Blake 10 and then Glock backing up Kobe.

I loved that Phil never played Bynum in the end of the game and always used the same rotations for the most part. Mike Brown is like SVG in that he's the master of panic

Jeff-DSA

Burks, Favors, Hayward, Millsap, and Kanter all point to a solid core going forward for the Jazz. If we can just get that PG spot figured out and trim some of the fat on the roster *cough* CJ Miles *cough*, we'll be an exciting and dangerous team.

both of them don't want to chase around the quicker guys

I guess they're saving that for the playoffs when we're probably rolling with a giant backcourt like last year in the playoffs

Ah yeah I was talking playoffs i just put deron out as a skillset. should have said somebody else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom