• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

I don't think you understand what I'm talking about.

Up 2 with 15 seconds to go, Phil would play Pau over Bynum. Tie game 15 seconds left, Pau over Bynum. With the other team in possession of the rock. made no fucking sense. I'm not saying to play Drew on offense. You play D. Rebound the ball and call timeout if need be. You know, like most teams in the NBA do.

I'm not talking about the last 3-4 minutes of a game. I am talking about offense-defense decisions.

No. Did you miss the 2nd half of that season?

I do understand...I knew that's what you were talking about. But You forget how often Drew would get into foul trouble and the ticky tack fouls he would get called for. Also, every single time you did that, you burned a time out by having to sub Pau back in. Wasn't a sensible strategy...and it also would show that Phil has no confidence in Pau on the defensive end...For a guy who wanted guys to work it out...it would be counterproductive for someone like Pau (who clearly has somewhat of a fragile psyche) to be subbed out of defensive plays...he's not Carlos Boozer bad...no reason to do it.

I mentioned earlier I think Thibs has a problem with how he benches Boozer and Noah at times...you don't manage super star egos by subbing them out. Most players that get benched for offensive / defensive rotations aren't in the running for best PF in the league at the time..

You mean the one where He(and pau) got killed in the playoffs by cp3 and Barea?

He was the only one to play any D in the playoffs.

I do understand...I knew that's what you were talking about. But You forget how often Drew would get into foul trouble and the ticky tack fouls he would get called for. Also, every single time you did that, you burned a time out by having to sub Pau back in. Wasn't a sensible strategy...and it also would show that Phil has no confidence in Pau on the defensive end...For a guy who wanted guys to work it out...it would be counterproductive for someone like Pau (who clearly has somewhat of a fragile psyche) to be subbed out of defensive plays...he's not Carlos Boozer bad...no reason to do it.

But you don't need timeouts by that time...you need a stop. Pop is the master of this, btw.

I mentioned earlier I think Thibs has a problem with how he benches Boozer and Noah at times...you don't manage super star egos by subbing them out. Most players that get benched for offensive / defensive rotations aren't in the running for best PF in the league at the time..

I agree, but for 1 possession situations, no one will give a shit.

Emwitus

But you don't need timeouts by that time...you need a stop.

I agree, but for 1 possession situations, no one will give a shit.

I don't disagree that he played defence mamba, only that the pick and roll was equally effective in breaking down our defence last year. And i'm pretty sure dallas so that and utilized it effectively to sweep us out of the playoffs.

Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis with a masterful job freezing out Mike Dunleavy, the only shooter worth a damn tonight.

Knicks. .500.

stoudemire706.jpg

I don't disagree that he played defence mamba, only that the pick and roll was equally effective in breaking down our defence last year. And i'm pretty sure dallas so that and utilized it effectively to sweep us out of the playoffs.

okay...? I don't see how any of this contradicts that in a one possession scenario Bynum-Odom would be a better option than Pau-Odom.

We're actually better at PnR D this season, anyway.

Vahagn

But you don't need timeouts by that time...you need a stop. Pop is the master of this, btw.

If we had someone as bad as Bonner in our crunch time rotation..sure. But Pau isn't as much of a downgrade over Bynum when you consider how little respect Bynum was getting from the refs back then and the ticky tack fouls he would pick up.

I dunno...I don't remember a single time we lost a series or a ring because of a last second shot made against us by a Big that Bynum would have been better at guarding. Seems like an a matter of basketball philosophy but not really an issue.

I wish Brown would play Bynum / Pau / Kobe / Ramon / Metta in the last 6 minutes of every non blowout game without all these dumb tweaks he likes to do.

If we had someone as bad as Bonner in our crunch time rotation..sure. But Pau isn't as much of a downgrade over Bynum when you consider how little respect Bynum was getting from the refs back then and the ticky tack fouls he would pick up.

I dunno...I don't remember a single time we lost a series or a ring because of a last second shot made against us by a Big that Bynum would have been better at guarding. Seems like an a matter of basketball philosophy but not really an issue.

I wish Brown would play Bynum / Pau / Kobe / Ramon / Metta in the last 6 minutes of every non blowout game without all these dumb tweaks he likes to do.

Oh, it didn't cost a series since Bynum missed Boston and they lost to Dallas regardless.

But some games I think it did cost during the season.

I agree on the lineup, although I'm fine with Barnes playing or Metta if he is rolling and Metta isn't needed on D heavily.

Emwitus

@Mamba.

Yup we are. But man, it doesn't feel like most of the times. Especially the past few games. Everyone seems to making it to the basket at will.

And wow, I love watching rondo highlights LOL. Anyone checked the one for the bobs game.

giri

The Kings tanking is so deliberate it annoys me.

The question is, why.

They've already got enough talent on that roster. They just need to make some smart moves to put the right pieces together.

The maloof's a literally ruining the franchise.

Emwitus

The question is, why.

They've already got enough talent on that roster. They just need to make some smart moves to put the right pieces together.

They need someone who can sell tickets......on the low.

EDIT: 18 to 2. What's going on. Are all the other players benched?

The question is, why.

What are you talking about, there's almost no one who plays on a good team other than Cousins in the future if he learns to defend and make layups other than Chuck Hayes. They have like six gunners who maxed out their potential in high school and will never be on a good team other than as maybe a 6th man.

giri

They need someone who can sell tickets......on the low.

EDIT: 18 to 2. What's going on. Are all the other players benched?

Lets say they gave up Tyreke, Jimmer & Outlaw for Eric Gordon

Isiah Thomas
Eric Gordon
Salmons
Jason Thompson
DMC

Bench of Thornton, Greene, Hayes

That team should be able to get 25-30 odd wins if poorly coached at least.

Maybe i over value their assets, but i think they're one or two good trades away from being a 40 or 50 win team, and they have the pieces to get those trades done. Particularly if they're willing to give up this years pick.

What are you talking about, there's almost no one who plays on a good team other than Cousins in the future if he learns to defend and make layups other than Chuck Hayes. They have like six gunners who maxed out their potential in high school and will never be on a good team other than as maybe a 6th man.

I still think Tyreke can become a very good SG. I refuse to believe he can't. But its going to take some serious coaching and effort on his behalf.

Duki

Banned
The question is, why.

i dunno man

if it nets them anthony davis too

worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom