• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

rage1973

Oden wasn't a freak athlete jump out the gym type - it would've been one thing if we were talking about Kenyon with a microfracture or something, but as a young guy... it wasn't that big of deal. Once that 2nd knee injury came around, it was over though.

People forget how ridiculously inefficient KD was when he first entered the league. KD looked more prone to a crippling injury than Oden did. Kid was a twig.
He was very efficient by his second season. .476 from the field and .422 from 3 is elite numbers from your wing player.

Magilla

Banned
OT:

We've got some Euros up in here right? I'm supposed to be flying into Barcelona tomorrow from New York. How is that whole strike thing going? Am I pretty much screwed?

No, although I followed them fairly closely after PBC (the ownership group) bought the team, as it was apparent that they'd be in OKC before long.

I followed the NBA pretty closely before that, though.

Reminds me of:

http://www.dailythunder.com/2009/05/ink-dont-lie/

Not really true anymore though. KD is tatted up.

Players without tattoos:

Cole Aldrich
Nick Collison
James Larden
Lazar Hayward
Serge Ibaka
Reggie Jackson
Wussell Worstbroke

Also, when did you get your tag?

Jeff-DSA

Can't wait for the Clippers to fade into the 9th seed. It should be fun to continue to watch.

Oh wait, if you're 9th you don't get a seed...

Can't wait for the Clippers to fade into the 9th seed. It should be fun to continue to watch.

So which player do you wish to be hurt badly next? Maybe they need to have a season-ending injury, or possibly a career-ending injury as well.

Or will you make fun of people for having kids with cancer too?

Jeff-DSA

So which player do you wish to be hurt badly next? Maybe they need to have a season-ending injury, or possibly a career-ending injury as well.

Or will you make fun of people for having kids with cancer too?

These are two things I always do. You'll never know who will be next!

Edit: Clippers fans...lawl.

547558256.gif

Vahagn

If the Heat don't win this year and Bron under-performs/chokes/quits what have you...How tempted do you think Riley is to trade LBJ for Dwight?

If I was him, I'd do it in a heartbeat and so would Orlando. And it would honestly forever cement Lebron's legacy as a failure and under-achiever.

If the Heat don't win this year and Bron under-performs/chokes/quits what have you...How tempted do you think Riley is to trade LBJ for Dwight?

If I was him, I'd do it in a heartbeat and so would Orlando. And it would honestly forever cement Lebron's legacy as a failure and under-achiever.
thats actually a good idea.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou

Until he wins 7 rings with Orlando!

theyd trade old man wade first

only a moron would trade lbj
Its the only trade ORL would accept. You really think ORL would trade prime Dwight for an injury prone guard exiting his prime in a season or two?

Bosh and filler ain't enough, Wade is too old.

Dwight for LBJ straight up makes sense for both teams.

Vahagn

theyd trade old man wade first

only a moron would trade lbj

Wade actually won a chip...and didn't quit an disappear on his team. If Lebron underperforms again this year...that's going to be 5 straight years he under-performs and his team loses a series...If you take the Spurs out where he played horribly, that's four straight years.

Besides the fact that Orlando wouldn't take Wade if they could have Lebron...and Wade actually won a title and that's his team...

But you have a Lebron avatar sooooo...clearly you're not biased or anything

Draftexpress said:
I've attended the last 5 straight McDonalds games. Never seen NBA guys so down on the class. "Might not be more than 5-6 NBA players here."

2013 draft other than Noel, Bazz, and Adams is apparently going to be really really bad.

And Shabazz and Adams may not be eligible to go to college, lol.

Duki

Banned
Wade actually won a chip...and didn't quit an disappear on his team. If Lebron underperforms again this year...that's going to be 5 straight years he under-performs and his team loses a series...If you take the Spurs out where he played horribly, that's four straight years.

Besides the fact that Orlando wouldn't take Wade if they could have Lebron...and Wade actually won a title and that's his team...

But you have a Lebron avatar sooooo...clearly you're not biased or anything

your priorities as a fan do not line up with those of ownership

only a fool would ever trade the leagues best player and its best brand

wade being capable of winning a chip over half a decade ago is incredibly irrelevant

lebrons youth and durability is much more valuable than one and a half more years of not shitty wade for the long term health of a ball club

wade being capable of winning a chip over half a decade ago is incredibly irrelevant

lebrons youth and durability is much more valuable than one and a half more years of not shitty wade for the long term health of a ball club

wade and dwight have a better chance of winning a chip.lebron doesnt have wades mindset to win.

Vahagn

I'm pretty sure the ownership of the Heat is very much like the ownership of the Lakers has been in the past in that their main priority is to win a championship. When you hire Riley as your GM..that's kind of what your signaling towards. Bosh and Dwight are young enough...and so is Wade..to have 3-4 great seasons together.

Bron is the best regular season player in the NBA...but he has serious psychological issues which bubble to the surface in certain series' and he shies away.

Besides you forget how bandwagon-y the fans of the Heat are. If they win a chip or two...no one will care that Lebron was shipped out of town. Which Miami fan is going to go "bu bu bu Lebron!!!!"

I don't live in Miami...maybe Heat-Age can elaborate...If you had to trade either Lebron or Wade for Dwight...which one would most Miami fans support assuming The Heat don't win this year and Lebron underperforms again?

What about Wade + Bosh
Miami won't do that. Thats a great deal for ORL though, two all stars for under market value.

That leaves MIA with Chalmers Miller Bron Haslem Dwight, they go from shitty interior D and no post scoring to shtty back court and little mid range.

Miami wouldn't send wade and bosh out, doesn't make sense.

Miami won't do that. Thats a great deal for ORL though, two all stars for under market value.

That leaves MIA with Chalmers Miller Bron Haslem Dwight, they go from shitty interior D and no post scoring to shtty back court and little mid range.

Miami wouldn't send wade and bosh out, doesn't make sense.
I know those are two stars but what if MIA got some guys back? ORL is mostly garbage but isn't JJ pretty good?

just throwing this stuff out there, I feel like Bron + Dwight would be a great combo

If you had to trade either Lebron or Wade for Dwight...which one would most Miami fans support assuming The Heat don't win this year and Lebron underperforms again?

Trading Wade would be disastrous from a PR perspective. Wade is almost Marino-tier here in Miami and the organization would face a lot of backlash if they did.

Vahagn

Bron for Dwight Straight up...best deal. Two indestructible forces...still young...not in their primes yet...two of the 4 best players in the league to build around...

Orlando has Lebron for 3/4 more years and can build a team around him...Dwight/Wade/Bosh can aim for a chip together. Best case scenario for everyone involved

Bron for Dwight Straight up...best deal. Two indestructible forces...still young...not in their primes yet...two of the 4 best players in the league to build around...

Orlando has Lebron for 3/4 more years and can build a team around him...Dwight/Wade/Bosh can aim for a chip together. Best case scenario for everyone involved
You don't think LeBron is in his prime right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom