• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Yeah its weird, I thought he distributed well and looked like he had good chemistry. You expect a guys aim to be off when he hasnt played in a year, so you have to look past that, you know?

Completely agree. I figured he would play tonight.

Glad we got that one since the next week is going to murder us.

thekad

Banned
How am I misleading people with what he said? That's what he said.

EDIT: Here

"As much as I’ve been captivated by their attempt to mesh their spectacular talent, I’ve never truly believed it would be possible for James and Wade — two of the four best players in the league — to coexist and win consistently at the highest level.

Now, I truly believe Wade and James teamed together for a higher purpose none of us, including Wade and James, understood at the time of “The Decision.” James and Wade are teaching us a lesson about sacrifice, intellectual evolution, courage, maturity and loyalty."

"LeBron won a title — humanitarian — on Friday in a league Jordan has yet to play in. Wade and James are co-MVPs in that league, and, if they accomplish nothing else in their time together in Miami, the partnership was a huge success."

The things that went in between those excerpts (warning: requires reading):

This was not an organization-approved act of protest. This was Wade and James independently using their platforms to shed light on a human tragedy that took the life of a Miami kid who was apparently profiled as a criminal simply because he was wearing a hoodie at the wrong time in the wrong gated suburban neighborhood.

Shortly after James and Wade made their positions public, Knicks star Carmelo Anthony followed suit. So did the Heat organization. By the end of Friday, the NBA Players Association, led by executive director Billy Hunter, a former prosecutor, issued a strong statement calling for Zimmerman’s arrest and prosecution.

Courage can be every bit as contagious as cowardice. Wade and James spread the courage virus throughout the NBA on Friday. At the formation of Miami’s “Big Three,” James and his defenders claimed the establishment was threatened by young black athletes seizing their power and using it.

For the first time, I now believe James understands his power. And it wasn’t in forcing NBA executives to come to his hometown, Akron, Ohio, to grovel at his feet, or announcing his relocation to South Beach on national TV or thumbing his nose at Dan Gilbert as he left Cleveland.

LeBron’s power is in using his platform, when appropriate, to make the establishment stretch beyond its comfort zone when it comes to dealing with the powerless.

America, a nation born in defiance, has become so establishment- and corporate-driven that I thought we’d never see another superstar athlete stand against anything remotely controversial.

“I said all along that this generation would eventually find its voice,” activist Dr. Harry Edwards told me. “There are some things that penetrate the veil of privilege and accomplishment and reward that has come to cocoon so many of our athletes today. Despite the quantum shift from heroism going back to the 1960s to celebrity of the modern athlete, there is, in the right instances, room for heroism. The wanton killing of Trayvon Martin is one of those instances.”

SoulPlaya

more money than God
The things that went in between those excerpts (warning: requires reading):
How does that make what I said inaccurate? Those are his reasons for calling him a humanitarian, but he still calls him a humanitarian and says LeBron is teaching us a new lesson in sacrifice.

You said that what I posted "wasn't what he said at all", but I was quoting him word for word. Where was I inaccurate?

Can anyone explain to me why I was inaccurate?

Triple U

Banned
How am I misleading people with what he said? That's what he said.

EDIT: Here

"As much as I’ve been captivated by their attempt to mesh their spectacular talent, I’ve never truly believed it would be possible for James and Wade — two of the four best players in the league — to coexist and win consistently at the highest level.

Now, I truly believe Wade and James teamed together for a higher purpose none of us, including Wade and James, understood at the time of “The Decision.” James and Wade are teaching us a lesson about sacrifice, intellectual evolution, courage, maturity and loyalty."

"LeBron won a title — humanitarian — on Friday in a league Jordan has yet to play in. Wade and James are co-MVPs in that league, and, if they accomplish nothing else in their time together in Miami, the partnership was a huge success."

From that it doesn't look like he is attributing the supposed lessons they are teaching us from the hoodie statement, but rather them teaming up.

He provides an example of them using their celebrity to push a message about a pressing issue in this nation, thus making him a humanitarian. Honestly Lebron could be considered a sort of mini-humanitarian, guy does a good bit of charity work(outside of the team-mandated stuff) and so do alot of other players.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
From that it doesn't look like he is attributing the supposed lessons they are teaching us from the hoodie statement, but rather them teaming up.

He provides an example of them using their celebrity to push a message about a pressing issue in this nation, thus making him a humanitarian. Honestly Lebron could be considered a sort of mini-humanitarian, guy does a good bit of charity work(outside of the team-mandated stuff) and so do alot of other players.
The funny thing is that I didn't even pass any judgment in my post. I was just posting it for what it was.

Piecake

Wouldnt mind if the Wolves drafted Terrence Ross with the Utah pick. He looks really good out there in this MN-WA game

Id puke if we drafted Wroten

Fantomex

Add Klay Thompson to dudes I can't stand. These dudes that act like their moms is making them play basketball always pissed off and just unhappy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom