• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a player Fisher is a total net negative. As a positive locker room influence? Sure, but the Lakers is a veteran team and they are fucked regardless if they need an old guy in the roster just to keep everybody in check.

Bynum has always been a punk, and that's why the sensible fans want him traded while his perceived value is high, and his stock has never been higher before this season.

I agree with that for the most part, but I think that the Lakers only have a few more years left for a championship while Kobe is still able to walk and Bynum has relatively healthy knees. In the short term, I think their chances for a title were better with Fisher acting as a secondary coach. The problem, though, is that Derek still wants to play. On the court, he's a liability more than an asset most of the time at this stage of his career. Still, I think his leadership behind the scenes helped stabilize the Lakers just enough to make them a championship contender.

Rip coming along well with his latest injury(if being out for 100 games with a nicked shoulder can be considered as such) and is a gametime decision tonight against the Hawks. He's banging with Scalabrine in practice as his last phase before returning.

Derrick is running more but he's yet to take contact on his bleeding, scar-tissue infected groin.

I love reading the Kobe hate here its amazing.

How many points did he have last night? From all I read on the last page you would have thought he had 14 points and went 7-30. I come here and I am amused by the hate. Its going on 16 years now.

Kobe has laughed through 5 rings. Yet you guys will never give validation. If he went on to win 7 you still would find excuses to not include him in the top 100 of all time.

It does get amusing.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

How many points did he have last night? From all I read on the last page you would have thought he had 14 points and went 7-30. I come here and I am amused by the hate. Its going on 16 years now.

Kobe has laughed through 5 rings. Yet you guys will never give validation. If he went on to win 7 you still would find excuses to not include him in the top 100 of all time.

It does get amusing.

Hyperbole? Its funny to think that fans are simple.

I can hate Kobe but still acknowledge him as a top 15 player of all time

It does get amusing.

Kobe isn't immune to criticism. Kobe is regressing. Why do you have an issue with people pointing out the obvious?

h3ro

It does get amusing.

You're making lots of assumptions. I can point out Kobe playing terribly over the past few games while still acknowledging his high historical standing.

I don't think anyone is making it out to be the personal vendetta that you're assuming it is.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I don't get why people think that its impossible to criticize a player and like him at the same time.

Kobe isn't immune to criticism. Kobe is regressing. Why do you have an issue with people pointing out the obvious?

Because he is on the verge of winning another scoring title, regressing? Maybe compared to 5 years ago. From last year? Not as much as you all would like to think.

Im sorry, Ill go back in the hole, I just don't get you guys sometimes. All Kobe has done is prove you all wrong for almost 17 seasons, and you all still doubt him. With my life on the line and only one man to make the shot to save it. Ill take Kobe over Jordan.

Canuck76

Banned
Yeah, the odds of them getting through some combination of Memphis, OKC, and San Antonio, then either Chicago or Miami is miniscule.

I think the only real challenge in the west will be OKC. Memphis could scare them but i think at the end of the day Bynum and Gasol will out muscle Gasol and Randolph.

Defensively there going to have to be at the top of their game to stop OKC. But i think it's possible as long as they lock up the paint and make sure no one gets theirs besides KD, WB and Harden.

As long as they get Miami in the Finals they'll be fine.

Because he is on the verge of winning another scoring title, regressing? Maybe compared to 5 years ago. From last year? Not as much as you all would like to think.

Im sorry, Ill go back in the hole, I just don't get you guys sometimes. All Kobe has done is prove you all wrong for almost 17 seasons, and you all still doubt him. With my life on the line and only one man to make the shot to save it. Ill take Kobe over Jordan.

I am on my iphone so I can't type a long response, but you come off as an irrational fan. You seem to be assuming everyone hates him etc. when thats not true.

Running away without any actual discussion is lame, too

Kobe's scoring isn't helping the Lakers win games.

Yo, I'd rather have him play 30 mins a game and not get a scoring title. He's also shooting an abysmal FG%.

The guy is still awesome though, which is why most people are still putting him as the best SG in the league. Not sure what you're talking about..........

Are you saying he's perfect? And that he got better since last year?

Toronto - Home of Misfit Tarheels

And about Ed Davis, Roy went through a LOT to try and hide him in his freshman year.

It's tough to be be a bigman when you weigh 210 and you aren't an athletic freak.

I was never sure why Davis was getting hyped up back then.

and Toronto needs to take Beal or Lamb. They need to move DeRozan to the 3 while it's still early.

As a guy who's watched the Iggy at the 2 experience , I know how bad it is.

A Shooting Guard should be able to...shoot.

Lulz, let me guess OKC can beat us because they whipped us in a single game that was at their home.

Wait till they play us at our home at which we have the best home record of any team.

even if we lose the next game I'm not really gonna care

everything is just different within a playoff series

It does get amusing.

Maybe because Kobe is hurting his team now? He's become a chucker except he is no longer making the shots he use to. He has two big men who are capable and he isn't using them. He has a point guard who is capable except he isn't letting him control the offense. Kobe has regressed to his 18 year old days in Utah.

Maybe because Kobe is hurting his team now? He's become a chucker except he is no longer making the shots he use to. He has two big men who are capable and he isn't using them. He has a point guard who is capable except he isn't letting him control the offense. Kobe has regressed to his 18 year old days in Utah.

The PG thing... Sessions needs to come off the bench, imo.

But everything else is true. ALTHOUGH, I think that the wrist of his is a lot worse than he makes it out to be. The guy is a true warrior. But right now, he needs to not chuck everything 'cause of it.

The East finals are obviously going to be Miami and Chicago. The West I think all depends on match ups. I think San Antonio can beat any team besides the Lakers and Memphis. They just lack the size to compete with them. I'm betting on Spurs Thunder conference finals.

h3ro

Ill take Kobe over Jordan.

OlpTx.jpg

Also, why not stay in the thread and discuss it out instead of "going back in your hole".

Canuck76

Banned
Lulz, let me guess OKC can beat us because they whipped us in a single game that was at their home.

Wait till they play us at our home at which we have the best home record of any team.

Actually i was talking about the Lakers there but i would say the same thing a little less confidently about OKC. I don't think it'd be an easy series on either side but at the end of the day i trust Durant more than i do anyone on the Heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom