• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Jonathon Abrams said:
"We were in New Orleans," ******* said. "I didn't have no clothes. I brought two outfits for the two games we had on the road. So once I got here, because I couldn't play the first game, they told me I had to get a suit or something, and I didn't have a suit. Right now, I'm wearing the same outfit. I can't be in L.A. without my swag."

Let's play Guess that player

So Jeffrey had to settle for buying the irrelavent Bobcats and is currently driving them to bankruptcy, meanwhile Magic buys the Dodgers for $2 billion straight cash homey. Magic won.

Seriously man. Magic has been much more successful since retirement than MJ. He has three more rings since his retirement than MJ has since his too.

Jeff-DSA

Wait, you're a Doyers fan? My man. I haven't been able to root for them since the O'Malley's sold out to Rupert. I'm excited.

I get out to a couple of games per year. Been a fan since I could swing a bat as a kid in the '80s. Through thick and thin, always a Dodgers fan. I don't have a #2 either, because that's for losers.

I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I had a Mike Piazza autographed photo hanging on my wall growing up.

Point taken. But...look at the GIF...I'm just surprised you're shocked that it's coming to fruition. Kobe isn't shooting a lot more shots the past couple months...he's just missing more. I explained that...earlier in the year we were using elements of the triangle with Kobe in the post. Time as gone on...we've inserted Mike Brown's offense...we now have this crappy offense. As I've said...all the perimeter players, wings, and even Pau are having their worst offensive scoring and efficiency seasons in forever...this isn't an isolated Kobe issue.

His usage is at an insane level. yes, he's shooting more (or trying to shoot and turning it over). The gif makes no sense since Kobe doesn't drive.

And "play the right way" seems to me like you want Kobe to turn into Lebron James. I don't want him to "make the right basketball play" and pass out everytime he doesn't have a wide open shot...I want our team to get back to defense...and for him to take over ball games by having the ball in places he likes to get it and making the shots he's done his whole career

Lebron? hardly. Now that Ramon is here, I want him to play more off the ball. He's an excellent spot up shooter and if we can get him moving when he catches the ball, he is much more deadly. But he seems to not care at all for it. He intentionally calls for iso plays.

Also, beat writers have been saying Kobe keeps calling brown's plays off.

Also, don't give me this hogwash at the end of games bullshit that Kobe has to go 1 on 5 every time. Kobe didn't do that in the Shaq era. how many game winners did Horry have or harper or fisher have because of Kobe passes? Do I want Kobe involved in the play? yes. Do I mind if Kobe ends up with the shot in the course of a play? No. Do I trust anyone else in a contested situation? No. Do I want kobe to simply iso hero-ball every fucking time so it's predictable? FUCK NO.

I get out to a couple of games per year. Been a fan since I could swing a bat as a kid in the '80s. Through thick and thin, always a Dodgers fan. I don't have a #2 either, because that's for losers.

I'm not even embarrassed to admit that I had a Mike Piazza autographed photo hanging on my wall growing up.

Favorte Dodger growing up was Pedro Guerrero. Whenever my dad would take me to games I'd wait outside that fence where the players parked and would get them to sign my ball. Mike Marshall, Kirk Gibson, Pedro Guerrero, Eddie Murray, John Shelby, Steve Sax.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

I'm going to opening day this year again =D

Canuck76

Banned
I just think Kobe needs to shoot a little less and go through Pau+Bynum a little more. Those guys are crucial parts of the offense and it can't just be kobe iso's throughout the game.

And play Kobe less in meaningless games. He really needs some rest as we start to head into the playoffs. I know he's a warrior and whatnot but as a coach you need to know that just because he can play every game doesn't mean he should.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Uhm, this is true for last year. And he has been playing pretty good for the last few games.

Dolan had stacks ready for players like Melo and Chandler, regardless. Perhaps even other majors. The bottomline to both players was money, which is why they arrived at NY. Amare's presence on the Knicks wasn't as important as people make it out to be - the Knicks would've picked up someone else besides him and Billups. Possibly could've grabbed Deron and Melo in one scoop last midseason.

He DID give the Knicks the fuel and energy they needed, but I think it vanished quick.

giri

I just think Kobe needs to shoot a little less and go through Pau+Bynum a little more. Those guys are crucial parts of the offense and it can't just be kobe iso's throughout the game.

And play Kobe less in meaningless games. He really needs some rest as we start to head into the playoffs. I know he's a warrior and whatnot but as a coach you need to know that just because he can play every game doesn't mean he should.

So basically, play IN the triangle?

Vahagn

His usage is at an insane level. yes, he's shooting more (or trying to shoot and turning it over). The gif makes no sense since Kobe doesn't drive.

Lebron? hardly. Now that Ramon is here, I want him to play more off the ball. He's an excellent spot up shooter and if we can get him moving when he catches the ball, he is much more deadly. But he seems to not care at all for it. He intentionally calls for iso plays.

Also, beat writers have been saying Kobe keeps calling brown's plays off.

Also, don't give me this hogwash at the end of games bullshit that Kobe has to go 1 on 5 every time. Kobe didn't do that in the Shaq era. how many game winners did Horry have or harper or fisher have because of Kobe passes? Do I want Kobe involved in the play? yes. Do I mind if Kobe ends up with the shot in the course of a play? No. Do I trust anyone else in a contested situation? No. Do I want kobe to simply iso hero-ball every fucking time so it's predictable? FUCK NO.

Usage rate is a dumb ass stat. Sorry it is. Every other premier wing scorer in this league has a guard next to him that is equally dangerous. YNB/Durant - Wade/Lebron. Rose has been injured and so has Melo.

No one on this team is as good as Fisher or Horry in the clutch. Again...the important part of that Gif is that Mike Brown doesn't have plays. The other 4 guys stand around. Whether Kobe drives or shoots a jumper is up to him...the problem is that there is much less off ball movement then there was in the triangle days...less talent = more chucking for kobe.

Again...I'm not in favor of Kobe shooting 30 times a game and making 9 shots. those games are ugly...but I also realize something you're ignoring...half this damn team is shooting at reduced efficiency from previous years. Including Pau and EVERY OTHER PERIMETER PLAYER. Kobe is a better basketball player than he was last year...he's in a worse offensive system and the players around him aren't nearly as reliable as they were last year or the year prior.

Kobe's one of the best isolation scorers in the league and in league history. I don't mind Kobe Iso's...I mind Kobe Iso's that start 35 feet away from the basket instead of at the elbow or low post. Blame Brown's offense for its inability to do something that the triangle did well for 20 years...get Jordan and Kobe iso situations 15 feet from the basket.

Favorte Dodger growing up was Pedro Guerrero. Whenever my dad would take me to games I'd wait outside that fence where the players parked and would get them to sign my ball. Mike Marshall, Kirk Gibson, Pedro Guerrero, Eddie Murray, John Shelby, Steve Sax.

so good to be able to root for dodgers again. fuck mccourt. not that I care much about baseball, but I haven't willingly paid for a game for a few years. Didn't want to line his pockets.

Phillippe then Dodger game. A los angeles tradition.

Jeff-DSA

Freakin' Angels...

I probably trotted the bases a thousands times as a kid pretending to be Kirk Gibson. Wiffle ball rules made hitting over the fence an out, but I still swung for it every time.

Edit: I'm hardcore enough that I've attended several Albuquerque Dukes games because they were the Dodgers' minor league team. Saw Raul Mondesi play on his way up.

Usage rate is a dumb ass stat. Sorry it is. Every other premier wing scorer in this league has a guard next to him that is equally dangerous. YNB/Durant - Wade/Lebron. Rose has been injured and so has Melo.

No one on this team is as good as Fisher or Horry in the clutch. Again...the important part of that Gif is that Mike Brown doesn't have plays. The other 4 guys stand around. Whether Kobe drives or shoots a jumper is up to him...the problem is that there is much less off ball movement then there was in the triangle days...less talent = more chucking for kobe.

Again...I'm not in favor of Kobe shooting 30 times a game and making 9 shots. those games are ugly...but I also realize something you're ignoring...half this damn team is shooting at reduced efficiency from previous years. Including Pau and EVERY OTHER PERIMETER PLAYER. Kobe is a better basketball player than he was last year...he's in a worse offensive system and the players around him aren't nearly as reliable as they were last year or the year prior.

Kobe's one of the best isolation scorers in the league and in league history. I don't mind Kobe Iso's...I mind Kobe Iso's that start 35 feet away from the basket instead of at the elbow or low post. Blame Brown's offense for its inability to do something that the triangle did well for 20 years...get Jordan and Kobe iso situations 15 feet from the basket.

and now that Ramon is here, there's more talent out there than ever when Kobe is in with the starters. And he's shooting more.

Like we're watching different games.

BTW, Kobe is shooting below 40% in the 4th quarter this year. He also has taken more 4th quarter shots than 1st quarter, even though he plays nearly the entire 1st quarter every game and misses parts of the 4th.

He's chucking and not running the system. Stop making up excuses about the system or other shit.

Freakin' Angels...

I probably trotted the bases a thousands times as a kid pretending to be Kirk Gibson. Wiffle ball rules made hitting over the fence an out, but I still swung for it every time.

Edit: I'm hardcore enough that I've attended several Albuquerque Dukes games because they were the Dodgers' minor league team. Saw Raul Mondesi play on his way up.
Mondesi was my favorite as a kid =D

How Phillipes is so popular is beyond me. I always hit up langers before going to Dodger games, so good.

Mondesi was my favorite as a kid =D

How Phillipes is so popular is beyond me. I always hit up langers before going to Dodger games, so good.

I really like their lamb french dip.

Look at all these Doyers rats jumping back on the ship after McCourt leaves. Some fanbase they have.

I never left, I just refused to give McCourt money. Not like he spent it on the team.

You know, kind of how a Clipper fan shouldn't give money to a racist and sexist slumlord.

h3ro

BETTER RED THAN YANQUEEF

OBjDJ.gif

Vahagn

and now that Ramon is here, there's more talent out there than ever when Kobe is in with the starters. And he's shooting more.

Like we're watching different games.

BTW, Kobe is shooting below 40% in the 4th quarter this year. He also has taken more 4th quarter shots than 1st quarter, even though he plays nearly the entire 1st quarter every game and misses parts of the 4th.

He's chucking and not running the system. Stop making up excuses about the system or other shit.

Ramon's been here for like 5 games dude...We've lost 3 of those games. In one, Kobe took 15 shots and made half. In another he played horribly in the fourth and Bynum got ejected and against Utah...as you said...he took a lot of makeable shots...only 20 which is his career average...and just had A HORRIBLE GAME.

Kobe's having more horrible shooting games than before...so is everyone on this team except Bynum. That's not a coincidence. We're also scoring more than earlier in the year when Kobe was more efficient and defending less as a team.

I'm not justifying Kobe's misses. I'm pointing out EVERYONE ELSE'S misses, our horrible defense...and our increaesd point production compared to earlier in the year. You're focused on Kobe's individual stats with no actual attention to the team.

The team defense has gotten worse from earlier in the year
The team offense has gotten better from earlier in the year
Everyone's offense has struggled all year except Bynums compared to previous years

I don't see how "Kobe's shooting worse FG% and taking more shots" is deciding lots of games when the above 3 things are happening...just not consistent. It's ugly to watch...I agree...but again dude...MIKE BROWN OFFENSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom