• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff-DSA

Guys, I played basketball last night. First time since January 2011 when I blew out my ankle that I had to have surgically repaired. It felt good to get out there, but I couldn't just or explode at all. I think I'm a good month away from that, but at least I'm through my physical therapy onto the court in some capacity.

Gonna cross up the LA peeps this June when I come down for E3. Get a gym, you posers.

Guys, I played basketball last night. First time since January 2011 when I blew out my ankle that I had to have surgically repaired. It felt good to get out there, but I couldn't just or explode at all. I think I'm a good month away from that, but at least I'm through my physical therapy onto the court in some capacity.

Gonna cross up the LA peeps this June when I come down for E3. Get a gym, you posers.

go play Puddles. He can apparently school anyone in this thread

I still can't believe how vital Chauncey is to the Clippers, but they have yet to lose since he's been back on the sidelines. It's a shame he can't travel with the team. The team just seems a lot more loose with him around.

Fox318

BdYGC.gif

Rewarding competence
Free agency would address the inherent unfairness of the current draft system, as discussed above. It would eliminate any incentive to tank, allow each team the opportunity to make its sales pitch to the prospects of their choosing and grant the same freedom to top talent that's afforded to hotshots in virtually every other corner of the private sector.

That's right, there's no possible way to tank for free agency, teams were only decimating their rosters for years for a chance to sign LeBron, Wade, Bosh, or even Joe Johnson, wait...

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Looking at the revered company in this sub-forum this is all gonna be known as CREEP-GAF from now on.

the spurs just won 5 games in 6 nights, thats kinda impressive.

And we rested our big 3 during the stretch too. I'm really really liking this team. JJJJAAAXXX has given us swagger, trading RJ has giving Leonard more time to play, and Diaw means we don't have to play Bonner 20 plus minutes a game (which makes me the most excited)

Stan Van Gundy said Wednesday the notion that Kentucky could beat an NBA team is "absurd."

The Orlando Magic coach was asked about comments by former Maryland coach Gary Williams, who told a Washington radio station he thought the Wildcats could beat the NBA's Washington Wizards in one game at Rupp Arena.

The Wildcats, the favorites to win the NCAA championship, have multiple players who are expected to be NBA lottery picks. Forward Anthony Davis could be the No. 1 overall pick if he enters the draft.

That's not enough for Van Gundy.

"Look, it's absurd," he said before the Magic faced the New York Knicks. "I mean, people will say, 'Oh, Kentucky, you know's, got four NBA players.' Yeah, well, the other team's got 13."

Van Gundy said the talent level, experience and age of the players would favor the NBA team, even one as bad as the Wizards (11-38).

"Could anything happen on a one-night thing? I mean, I suppose, you have major upsets all the time. So, maybe, but it'd be rare and in a series it'd be a joke," Van Gundy said. "It wouldn't be close. That's just the way it is. John Calipari's got a lot of talent; he does not have 13 NBA players. He just doesn't. And even if those guys all are, they're all NBA rookies. I mean, when has that ever been a success in the NBA? So, no, they're not going to win."

The Kittens on the other hand...

Canuck76

Banned
Marginalized again? Lord have mercy

But here my words WE WILL RISE WE WILL FEEL FREEDOM IF GOD IS WILLING AND DA CREEK DON'T RISE

Puddles

Banned
If we're going strictly by position:

Nash
Westbrook
Durant
Love
Dwight.

If we're going two guards, two forwards, center... probably the same guys, actually.

Who ya got for All NBA first team?

Nash
Parker
Durant
LeBron
Dwight

If Love keeps this up I would consider moving bron durant or dwight.

If we're going strictly by position:

Nash
Westbrook
Durant
Love
Dwight.

If we're going two guards, two forwards, center... probably the same guys, actually.

I have the perfect proposition for you guys. Lebron the first 3 quarters. Love the 4th quarter.

Thanks, bookmarked. Also, I can't help hearing the Mortal Kombat announcer every time I read your name.
No problem, but uh... MK?

RIP sports threads on GAF.

If the purported reason for moving the sports threads out of OT was to avoid becoming more insular, I'd say it's backfired massively.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom