• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branduil

Kobe's one of the best pure shooters in the league.

ibbkl4IEIDXzbc.gif

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Actually I think T-mac is arguably a better talent than Kobe, just not the same mentally.
Definitely

Doc Rivers and Orlando's FO not only failed, but destroyed the best established talent in the league post-MJ.

The M.O.B

How are the Bucks not going to make the playoffs?

Three of the last four player of the week are now playing in Milwaukee in Ilyasova, Monta and DREW GOODEN who won it this week.

Knicks don't have a chance.

Because Brandon Jennings and Monta might chuck them out of contention, especially Jennings. BUT they have a surprisingly great supporting cast, better than knicks in that aspect.

Bucks have an easier schedule for the rest of March and April than the Knicks.

They play Bobcats and Wizards twice, that's 4 wins for them.
They play Pistons, Cavs, Raps, and Nets, that's another 4 wins.
BOS 2x, IND 3X, POR 2X, NYK 2X, PHI, tough but "winnable games".

The only top tier team they play the rest of the way is OKC

I think the difference is the Knicks on the other hand have to play the Magix 2X, Bulls 2X, Heat, and Clips. So that's 6 losses right there.

For Knicks and Bucks fans, I would look toward Boston possibly missing the playoffs. They have a 6 game stretch in April against MIA, SA, CHI, IND, PHI, MIA. I wouldn't flinch if Boston misses the playoffs completely and Bucks & Knicks get in.
(In which case both would get destroyed by Bulls or MIA in 4 games.)

The M.O.B

MOB how do you know the outcome. WAS can beat bucks for all we know .plus i don't see MIA beating knicks in madison square.

Just my assumptions based on how MIL has played as of late. (Not amazing, but they are taking care of business against sub .500 teams.) The teams I listed as definite wins for MIL are teams they have beaten before.

Also Heat Road record > Knicks Home record. Could easily go either way if Knicks have gotten their act together by then.

THRILLH0

Banned
Wow, people other than thekad are still on the whole 'tmac coulda been better than kobe' kick huh?

There are a whole bunch of players who have had special 5 year stretches and physical tools like tmac. To say that they could have been top 5 all time if they'd been more competitive is assinine.

Some people don't feel Kobe earned his status without a genuine rival so they invent this notion that tmac could have been a contender had injuries/Orlando's fo/mentality not killed his career.

Wow, people other than thekad are still on the whole 'tmac coulda been better than kobe' kick huh?

There are a whole bunch of players who have had special 5 year stretches and physical tools like tmac. To say that they could have been top 5 all time if they'd been more competitive is assinine.

Some people don't feel Kobe earned his status without a genuine rival so they invent this notion that tmac could have been a contender had injuries/Orlando's fo/mentality not killed his career.
If people want to disregard the mental aspect of the game and only look at physical talent/athleticism, Darko is the best player in the last 10 years.

edit: i think this makes sense

The M.O.B

hahahaha....NO.

You don't think Boston could fall out the playoffs?

Look at their schedule for April and then look at how awful they have been playing this season (Just got blown out by SAC). Again, they have a 7 game stretch in the beginning of April against MIA, SA, CHI, IND, PHI, MIA, ATL. This old BOS team with no bench will get murdered in that stretch, not to mention the rest of April.

They end the season against NYK, ORL, ATL, MIA, MIL (All teams who might still be jockeying for playoff position).

Emwitus

You don't think Boston could fall out the playoffs?

Look at their schedule for April and then look at how awful they have been playing this season (Just got blown out by SAC). Again, they have a 7 game stretch in the beginning of April against MIA, SA, CHI, IND, PHI, MIA, ATL. This old BOS team with no bench will get murdered in that stretch, not to mention the rest of April.

They end the season against NYK, ORL, ATL, MIA, MIL (All teams who might still be jockeying for playoff position).

EDIT: I think they can........................In the WEST. And it's funny how you mention teams like NYK,MIL and ORL that all have been iffy jockying for position as if boston wont do the same.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Can someone post that gif of Derrick Rose from last week blowing past Lin and Amare stepping out of his way so he can dunk?

In fact, just post all of Amare's shitty defense GIFs you have. I'm in a debate here with my friends - especially with one who's a massive Amare dickrider. LOL

Shadow780

Nah I think T-mac in his prime had the better first step, better vision, and better play making talent. Not enough prowess mentally to match that, unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe is still the better player and he maximized his talent to the fullest.

Can someone post that gif of Derrick Rose from last week blowing past Lin and Amare stepping out of his way so he can dunk?

In fact, just post all of Amare's shitty defense GIFs you have. I'm in a debate here with my friends - especially with one who's a massive Amare dickrider. LOL

Defense1.gif

edit: I love how he sticks his arm out like he's saying "Sir, this is the path of least resistance"

Tom Penny

Having the skills Kobe has is a talent. Kobe is both more skilled and talented than TMac ever was. TMac was just taller, if you want to consider that a "talent".

T Mac had no work ethic. You can't maximize talent when your not trying. Basically if they both worked equally as hard T Mac would be the better player but they didn't so you have another would have been player.

Emwitus

I said talent, not skills.

T-mac wasted his talent, just like his cousin.

I've actually thought of kobe as the more skilled player and Jordan while also skilled was a far superior athlete vis a vis lebron. Phil jackson mentioned Mj's hands as one of the reasons he dominated the paint so much.

Emwitus

T Mac had no work ethic. You can't maximize talent when your not trying. Basically if they both worked equally as hard T Mac would be the better player but they didn't so you have another would have been player.

How do you know that? The nba is full of basketball talent but not all of them reach alpha status.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Defense1.gif

edit: I love how he sticks his arm out like he's saying "Sir, this is the path of least resistance"

lol I was gonna say that I love that he's pointing towards a general area and probably telling people to pick TP up on defense.

Darkman M

Nah I think T-mac in his prime had the better first step, better vision, and better play making talent. Not enough prowess mentally to match that, unfortunately.

Don't get me wrong, Kobe is still the better player and he maximized his talent to the fullest.

LOL rose tinted glasses at its finest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom