• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
He is the best PG in the league for a reason, but you keep hating.

Where am I hating? I'm one of the biggest defenders of Rose here. Every time someone brings up the Bulls offense I point out how he's surrounded by guys who'd rather run from the ball than help him when the going gets tough.

I'm not about blind adoration though.
Rose isn't the best PG in his conference.
Undoubtedly.

Where am I hating? I'm one of the biggest defenders of Rose here. Every time someone brings up the Bulls offense I point out how he's surrounded by guys who'd rather run from the ball than help him when the going gets tough.

I'm not either but you guys are calling him shitty and that the offense runs better without him. How do you explain them losing to the blazers then without him?

In fact, his assists has improved every year and this year is no exception, so it sounds like to me he runs the offense quite well.

Canuck76

Banned
Derrick rose really is crap when you get down to it. More like LVP if you know what i mean. Least valuable.....player. Maybe you didn't get that maybe you did, now you do. What you going to do about it?

NFreak

Maybe a little trolly? A little? But i guess it's not cool to criticize apple from now on

A shit ton of people got banned in the thread about Sakaguchi's new iOS games. It was as if you could not post your displeasure about Apple at all in that thread.

Tom Penny

Evans Clinchy: The Celtics just announced on Facebook that J.O. was out for the season. 979 people and counting "like" this. Boston fans are jerks, man. Twitter

LOL . I don't know the run by the C'z in the ATL but fuck it changed quick.

Stop hatin and get money.

Refs should be fired in the C'z ATL game. All of them.

I don't think there is any professional sport on this Earth with worse officiating than the NBA. Although I do admit it's probably not the easiest sport to officiate.

DY_nasty

I'm not either but you guys are calling him shitty and that the offense runs better without him. How do you explain them losing to the blazers then without him?

In fact, his assists has improved every year and this year is no exception, so it sounds like to me he runs the offense quite well.
The ball movement with him at point is shitty at times. Its one of the big reasons the Bulls have the issues that they do (aside from Booz and Thib). And for the love of god do we really have to break out the Stephon Marbury Law of Assists again? Come on. John Wall can give you 10 dimes a game easy - but he's a clown PG.
Lol, Rose defender but saying he isn't even the best PG in the conference? I'm done with this because none of you back up your assertions, just that he is shitty.
Are you one of those people that deals in absolutes 24/7? Rose is a damned good PG. Is he better than Deron? Fuck no. The only thing Rose does better is contort his body in unimaginable ways at the rim. He's an outstanding player, and many of his criticisms are unwarranted - but to assert that he's some flawless diety of man that plays PG in his spare time is....

Look, Nash is still the best pure PG in the league - but if I were to point out his hilariously bad defense, does that make me a hater? don't be that guy, man.
Stop hatin and get money.
#letdatboycook

etiolate

Banned
Thibodeau and Westfall were the final two choices for the Kings job once SVG decided on Orlando. The Maloofs decided to not go with Thibs because they felt his personality wouldn't mesh well with the press and may be oft putting. This is also a large part of their parting with Adelman and going with Musselman.

DAT MAGOOF

Emwitus

BOSTON CELTICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OH YEAH!!!!!!

That's why as long as they being coached by Doc rivers i'll always think of boston as a lock for the playoffs.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Who in their right mind would rather have Deron Williams over Derrick Rose? The only other point guard that I would even consider is Chris Paul and He's older with suspect knees :p

DY_nasty

Whats wrong with Thibs?

Other than playing Deng way too many minutes

His rotations are hilariously poor and his general grasp of offense is... well, its better than Vinny's.

That offense stalls out entirely too much against the better teams in the league and they have a hard time finding easy buckets. Fortunately, the East is still as weak as ever, but its a problem nonetheless.

DY_nasty

Who in their right mind would rather have Deron Williams over Derrick Rose? The only other point guard that I would even consider is Chris Paul and He's older with suspect knees :p

I can't think of too many things that Rose does better...

His rotations are hilariously poor and his general grasp of offense is... well, its better than Vinny's.

That offense stalls out entirely too much against the better teams in the league and they have a hard time finding easy buckets. Fortunately, the East is still as weak as ever, but its a problem nonetheless.

More a result of the lack of a 2nd true ball handler and very unrealiable SG spot.

You put Ray Allen at SG and all of a sudden Thibs is a good offensive coach.

Having said that, his lack of adjustment last season against Miami of having Rose play off the ball was a mistake.

Someone who wants a true point guard instead of just a scorer.

edit: I'd rather have a scorer like Rose than a "true point." Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but scorers win titles.

Rose sure is fast, but DWill is better at everything else. I'd choose DWill over DRose in a second.

Rose is more exciting I guess, but your chances of winning are better with DWill.

DY_nasty

More a result of the lack of a 2nd true ball handler and very unrealiable SG spot.

You put Ray Allen at SG and all of a sudden Thibs is a good offensive coach.

Having said that, his lack of adjustment last season against Miami of having Rose play off the ball was a mistake.
I can't disagree with that entirely.

But it still goes hand in hand with what I was saying earlier. The best pure point guards in the league don't need a secondary ball handler to ease pressure and help the offense run smoother. Deron doesn't need anyone, Nash, CP... even Parker is above that.

The ball movement with him at point is shitty at times.

Look, Nash is still the best pure PG in the league - but if I were to point out his hilariously bad defense, does that make me a hater? don't be that guy, man.
#letdatboycook

So according to you, if we plugged in Nash on the bulls instead of Rose we would win a championship i guess? I'm done with you.
Guess we will see if and when the bulls win it all this year, i'm going to assume though you will just trash Thibs and Rose still though.

I can't think of too many things that Rose does better...

Well, he's not a locker room cancer for one. Williams is a better pure point guard no doubt. If I'm building a team though? I'll take Rose over Williams 10 times out of 10.

SN: Boozer heard y'all talking that shit. He got a Lebron list on 'em. He coming for each one of y'all cities. It's over.

DY_nasty

Deron is averaging .1 more assists than Derrick Rose. The Bulls lead the league in assists.

And Deron plays for the Nets.

And before that, Deron played for the biggest "run my system or fuck you" coach in the league behind LB.

For a team averaging so many assists, why do they look like shit whenever thrown off a bit?

DY_nasty

So according to you, if we plugged in Nash on the bulls instead of Rose we would win a championship i guess? I'm done with you.
Guess we will see if and when the bulls win it all this year, i'm going to assume though you will just trash Thibs and Rose still though.

Where do I say that?

Are you a wizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom