• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

D-Will is a much better PG than D-Rose. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no concept of what a PG is. It's not even a question.

D-Rose might be, and probably is, the best player playing the PG position. But he's not the best Point Guard. As Dy said, Nash is the best pure PG in the game offensively. His defense blows. D-Will and CP3 probably come next in either order. Ricky fucking Rubio is a better pure point guard than D-Rose and he's a rookie.

Edit: Rondo's obviously on that list too although I think Deron is still better

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
And Deron plays for the Nets.

And before that, Deron played for the biggest "run my system or fuck you" coach in the league behind LB.

For a team averaging so many assists, why do they look like shit whenever thrown off a bit?

And who decided to go the Nets? You mean the system that produced the all time assist leader?

That was the first year that Bulls team was together...they don't look like that this year. Will they beat the Heat, i don't know.

I can't disagree with that entirely.

But it still goes hand in hand with what I was saying earlier. The best pure point guards in the league don't need a secondary ball handler to ease pressure and help the offense run smoother. Deron doesn't need anyone, Nash, CP... even Parker is above that.

No, I think they do.

Which is why we see those teams, minus Nash, struggle (Nash's problem being defense).

You need 2, what I call, "play creators" on a team. Sometimes that's a guy who can score when needed, like Dirk, or create for others like Rondo or sometimes it's someone who can do both like Kobe.

Which is why orlando and chicago will eventually hit a brick wall, IMO. And why Lebron's Cavs did, before he quit. You just can't rely on 1 person to do most of your offensive work. Even Jordan had Pippen. Only times it really ever worked was Hakeem's 1st and Duncan's 2nd title.

You win titles with scoring bigs and defense. Doesn't mean point guards aren't important, though.

Outside of Detroit in '04, really good offenses win too.

Chicago needs a 2nd play creator. And until then, their offense will always be suspect.

The notion of a "point guard" is the problem. Kobe, lebron, wade, rose, Deron, Cp3 are all point guards

dabig2

I can't disagree with that entirely.

But it still goes hand in hand with what I was saying earlier. The best pure point guards in the league don't need a secondary ball handler to ease pressure and help the offense run smoother. Deron doesn't need anyone, Nash, CP... even Parker is above that.

Rose doesn't need that either for the Bulls offense to succeed. It's not like they're a bottom-feeder. They've been alright this year and were last year as well.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
^^I'm not calling them bottom feeders. Never have. I'm saying that as contenders they leave a lot to be desired before most betting men would even consider taking them in an extended series against the Heat. Especially after last year's flaws (with individuals, and with the team as a whole) haven't been directly addressed.
And who decided to go the Nets? You mean the system that produced the all time assist leader?

That was the first year that Bulls team was together...they don't look like that this year. Will they beat the Heat, i don't know.

You make it sound like you were in the Utah locker room... as far as everyone knows, Utah got completely blown up. The FO, the coach, the franchise player all left - so its hard to say who got their way and who was fed up and who was actin like a lil bitch.

And the Bulls don't look much different at all. I'm not sure what you're keying on. Nothing really stands out as "new" with them.

Vahagn

You know who produced the all time assist leader?

John Fucking Stockton did. Not the "system" Did you just try to discredit arguably the best pure PG of all time?

Vahagn

You win chips with rebounding and defense, but you also win with damn good offense.

Phil runs the triangle offense - 11 chips. Showtime lakers were known for their offense - 5 chips. Even Pop...a coach known for playing great defense, is always credited as being one of the best offensive play designers in the league...if not the best and his teams always execute on offense practically perfectly.

One of the biggest misunderstandings is that having a stagnant - crap half court offense is fine as long as you can defend and rebound. You can win that way...but it's hard and it's not something you can sustain and requires a fair bit of luck.

DY_nasty

You said Nash is better and trashed Rose's D. I have to assume Nash would be better with the Bulls.

Nash... is better as a point guard doe

But I never implied that a simple 2kwhatif trade went down and Nash would suddenly lead them to the promised land. Not once. Woooosahh or some shit dude. Calm yourself and stop trying to read into shit that isn't there.

D-Will is a much better PG than D-Rose. Anyone who thinks otherwise has no concept of what a PG is. It's not even a question.

D-Rose might be, and probably is, the best player playing the PG position. But he's not the best Point Guard. As Dy said, Nash is the best pure PG in the game offensively. His defense blows. D-Will and CP3 probably come next in either order. Ricky fucking Rubio is a better pure point guard than D-Rose and he's a rookie.

Edit: Rondo's obviously on that list too although I think Deron is still better

And yet every time rose plays any of these PG's he always outplays them in every way, so question is how come Rose to you is the best player playing at PG but can't be the best PG? Your logic is flawed so badly.

Branduil

Lol, I will if you present the evidence.

In return, I will give you evidence of Rose's team's record compared to Deron's team's record.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/21/sports/ncaabasketball/21memphis.html

you're talking to someone who had classes with gil. I know how dumb some of these athletes are.

who cares?

I care. He's not fooling me into thinking he's "humble" with his expressionless face crap. Humble guys don't cheat.

giri

Oh Cool, a PG Discussion.

Are we discussing how Nash is Single Handedly making other PG's look stupid whilst he lays the ground work for being the best PG in the league?

I sure hope so. The only reason he won't win another MVP award is because the suns won't finish with a top 4 record.

Otherwise, he should.

Vahagn

And yet every time rose plays any of these PG's he always outplays them in every way, so question is how come Rose to you is the best player playing at PG but can't be the best PG? Your logic is flawed so badly.

I was going to respond by going HAM on your ass...then I saw your tag

DY_nasty

I know that. But the conjecture here seems to be Rose is not good at handling the Bulls offense.
He's not reliable at it. He's still a great player though but when Nash is on the court, do you see guys standing around looking at like a bunch of dopes? That's the difference between great player who is a point guard and great point guard.

Mxrz

This is horrible. Definitely need changes this summer. Make Martins GM, spend a lot of money on buyouts and/or drive some money trucks to Deron's house. Maybe let Stan go and give Ewing his shot.

Levyne

Banned

Except Rondo the last time they played

off the top of my head

I care. He's not fooling me into thinking he's "humble" with his expressionless face crap. Humble guys don't cheat.

lol, who cares about the PR bullshit? We all know these players aren't humble.

Are we discussing how Nash is Single Handedly making other PG's look stupid whilst he lays the ground work for being the best PG in the league?

IF we ignore half the game, sure.

DY_nasty

Except Rondo the last time they played

off the top of my head

Hell, DJ shits on Rose routinely... you don't see me calling him a better player.

But some people want to look at NBA like its 2k and use assists as the defining measure of a point guard. That's not how it works.

Hell, DJ shits on Rose routinely... you don't see me calling him a better player.

But some people want to look at NBA like its 2k and use assists as the defining measure of a point guard. That's not how it works.

Sounds like you just have a thing against Rose, it's cool. Keep on trucking.

giri

He's not reliable at it. He's still a great player though but when Nash is on the court, do you see guys standing around looking at like a bunch of dopes? That's the difference between great player who is a point guard and great point guard.

I don't discredit your point, but there's more to it.

Thibs is a horrible offensive coach.

Boozer is a liablity on both ends.

Deng.

Ronnie Brewer.

Noahs best attribute is his passing.

Not to say i don't think Deron is the better PG. At being a POINT guard, Deron might be the second best in the league behind Nash. But Rose is ~~ the best player.

I think you can win a chip with either. Though i'd pick Deorn.

Emwitus

Wow. If Boston played with a little heart the past two games and didnt't drop games to crappy teams like sac they would actually be able to make a run for third. Leastern confrence indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom