• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night was great w/ the Knicks win and the Bucks loss woooo
wRD8Hm.jpg

I've read through most of the thread since Evilore's post/the closing, and I still don't see why the thread got closed. I browse NFL-GAF quite a bit during the season and the conversation seems to be the same, everyone talking crap about other teams and players, going crazy posting pics and gifs when their teams/players do well, heated arguments about how the season/playoffs are going to go down, etc.

If individual posters acted up they should be singled out and banned. And CoffeeJanitor's suggestions are terrible.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I've read through most of the thread since Evilore's post/the closing, and I still don't see why the thread got closed. I browse NFL-GAF quite a bit during the season and the conversation seems to be the same, everyone talking crap about other teams and players, going crazy posting pics and gifs when their teams/players do well, heated arguments about how the season/playoffs are going to go down, etc.

If individual posters acted up they should be singled out and banned. And CoffeeJanitor's suggestions are terrible.
Someone on NFL-GAF posted a pic of their stool. At least we haven't fallen that low.

I'm thinking it was just an excuse to move all of sportsgaf over to community`

The idea that NBA GAF (I rarely post in the NBA threads) is some sort of Wild West where anything goes and no one is punished is an outright myth. I think the true issue is that certain people were envious over the attention that this thread and its posters receive. There were tons of allegations and I didn't see much in the way of any evidence to support any of it. For example, what community isn't insular to some degree?

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
If I may...

I've been posting on GAF for a little less than 12 years now (when the PS2 launched). And I personally don't see anything wrong with the NBA thread and how people post in it. It doesn't seem terribly hostile to me. GAF was a shit ton more hostile back in those days, then it is today.

And I mean radically more hostile and more elitist minded than one could imagine. And if things happen to spill outside of the NBA thread, then I simply think those people should be banned for a few days so that they know to contain themselves and this thread.

Having said that, LeBaron is going to choke in the playoffs. Heat will be eliminated 1st round. Rose will refuse to develop a personality. The Knicks fans are going to rage and destroy MSG when they face the Pacers in the 1st round and lose game 7 when Amare's back decides to shut down on him in the middle of a finger-roll layup, which he misses causing all Knick fans flashbacks, igniting us to burn this motherfucker down. Mass riots will ensue. Meltdowns will reach levels beyond anything anyone has ever seen. DDoS attacks will plague Pacer fans. David Stern will flee to an island as Frankman and Masud chase him to his private jet just before he sets off. Derek Fisher becomes the new NBA Commissioner. Tears the Lakers organization apart, forcing Kobe Bryant to finally retire, ending the Laker franchise for good, leaving Los Angeles with just the Clippers as their sole team.

Laker fans riot and decide it's better to burn the Staples Center to the ground then resort to being Clipper fans. Meanwhile Mark Cuban and Dirk get their swag on in Dallas by creating an all new basketball league, calling it the National Cuban Basketball Association, with Dirk as the Commish. Cubans mistaken this organization as a means of legalizing themselves in the Americas and droves attend try-out camps only to be sorely mistaken, exposing themselves of their alien status and get deported to Cuba in record amounts.

At the end of the day, the NBA folds. The NCBA is heralded for its unintentional, albeit patriotic actions, and is then converted to a military operation luring more and more illegal immigrants to respond in such ways exposing themselves and ultimately being deported. Mark Cuban and Dirk become government generals behind the stings, and so with nowhere to go, no court to play on...LeBron James' remains ringless, chipless, and hairless.

The end.

h3ro

Having said that, LeBaron is going to choke in the playoffs. Heat will be eliminated 1st round. Rose will refuse to develop a personality. The Knicks fans are going to rage and destroy MSG when they face the Pacers in the 1st round and lose game 7 when Amare's back decides to shut down on him in the middle of a finger-roll layup, which he misses causing all Knick fans flashbacks, igniting us to burn this motherfucker down. Mass riots will ensue. Meltdowns will reach levels beyond anything anyone has ever seen. DDoS attacks will plague Pacer fans. David Stern will flee to an island as Frankman and Masud chase him to his private jet just before he sets off. Derek Fisher becomes the new NBA Commissioner. Tears the Lakers organization apart, forcing Kobe Bryant to finally retire, ending the Laker franchise for good, leaving Los Angeles with just the Clippers as their sole team.

Why didn't Pat dunk it?

:(

If I may...
iklVjLxQiIqPJ.gif

The idea that NBA GAF (I rarely post in the NBA threads) is some sort of Wild West where anything goes and no one is punished is an outright myth. I think the true issue is that certain people were envious over the attention that this thread and its posters receive. There were tons of allegations and I didn't see much in the way of any evidence to support any of it. For example, what community isn't insular to some degree?
Pretty sure no one was every briefed on what actually happened or what the issue was. We all just hate women I guess.

filler

Banned
Rose looks like he's malfunctioning in that pic, probably needs to update his firmware.

If I may...

I've been posting on GAF for a little less than 12 years now (when the PS2 launched). And I personally don't see anything wrong with the NBA thread and how people post in it. It doesn't seem terribly hostile to me. GAF was a shit ton more hostile back in those days, then it is today.

And I mean radically more hostile and more elitist minded than one could imagine. And if things happen to spill outside of the NBA thread, then I simply think those people should be banned for a few days so that they know to contain themselves and this thread.

Laker fans riot and decide it's better to burn the Staples Center to the ground then resort to being Clipper fans. Meanwhile Mark Cuban and Dirk get their swag on in Dallas by creating an all new basketball league, calling it the National Cuban Basketball Association, with Dirk as the Commish. Cubans mistaken this organization as a means of legalizing themselves in the Americas and droves attend try-out camps only to be sorely mistaken, exposing themselves of their alien status and get deported to Cuba in record amounts.

At the end of the day, the NBA folds. The NCBA is heralded for its unintentional, albeit patriotic actions, and is then converted to a military operation luring more and more illegal immigrants to respond in such ways exposing themselves and ultimately being deported. Mark Cuban and Dirk become government generals behind the stings, and so with nowhere to go, no court to play on...LeBron James' remains ringless, chipless, and hairless.

The end.

Racist!

Wait, am I doing it right guys? I didn't read the OP.

It was a completely arbitrary decision. People acted a fool elsewhere on GAF...so the solution of course was to lock a thread they frequent?

Whatever, at least we have the thread back now.

god damn it I'm gonna have to miss tonight's game :(

can anyone explain why ESPN3 sometimes says "powered by time warner" when I'm using AT&T? lol. it's worked before at my place, now it's gone to shit. I'd like to watch a replay when I get home

ph33nix

ph33nix?

don't be h8ing

KingGondo

Banned
Thunder-Heat is an interesting matchup.

Advantages for OKC:
- Sefolosha and KD have to be the best possible combo to guard Wade and Bron in the whole league. They'll still get theirs, but it will be far tougher than usual as long as OKC can keep them out of transition.
- Massive advantage for OKC at PG, even if Maynor is out. Plus Bestbrook has been playing great lately and he'll get close to 40 minutes tonight barring a blowout.
- Helpside/rim defense: Ibaka thrives helping on drives to the basket and post-ups, two areas that Miami depends on greatly.
- Overall team depth: Collison is the new Advanced STAT, Mohammed can still score, and Harden should have his way. Lazar Hayward has been contributing as well.

Advantages for Miami:
- Battier does a great job bothering KD--probably his toughest matchup in the league.
- Nobody can really check Bosh. Collison would probably do the best job of this, but getting Perk to get in his head a bit would probably be most effective. Bosh will eat Ibaka alive. PFs with a wide range of moves and head-fakes are his Kryptonite.
- OKC's propensity to turn the ball over. If we turn it over 20 times again tonight, the Heat an get into transition and run OKC out of the gym. I am scared of this.

Should be a great game. Each team won in the other's arena last year, so I think this has a chance to develop into a great rivalry.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Thunder-Heat is an interesting matchup.

Advantages for OKC:
- Sefolosha and KD have to be the best possible combo to guard Wade and Bron in the whole league. They'll still get theirs, but it will be far tougher than usual as long as OKC can keep them out of transition.
- Massive advantage for OKC at PG, even if Maynor is out. Plus Bestbrook has been playing great lately and he'll get close to 40 minutes tonight barring a blowout.
- Helpside/rim defense: Ibaka thrives helping on drives to the basket and post-ups, two areas that Miami depends on greatly.
- Overall team depth: Collison is the new Advanced STAT, Mohammed can still score, and Harden should have his way. Lazar Hayward has been contributing as well.

Advantages for Miami:
- Battier does a great job bothering KD--probably his toughest matchup in the league.
- Nobody can really check Bosh. Collison would probably do the best job of this, but getting Perk to get in his head a bit would probably be most effective. Bosh will eat Ibaka alive. PFs with a wide range of moves and head-fakes are his Kryptonite.
- OKC's propensity to turn the ball over. If we turn it over 20 times again tonight, the Heat an get into transition and run OKC out of the gym. I am scared of this.

Should be a great game. Each team won in the other's arena last year, so I think this has a chance to develop into a great rivalry.

With each consecutive post, you are turning into some sort of Neo-Trax.

I think it'll be interesting to see if OKC wins a chip in the next few years. I just don't know if having 3 guys score like 80% of your points is sustainable.

The Heat would kill the Thunder in a series and it wouldn't even be close. OKC turns the ball over too much and the Heat would fast break them out of the building.

KingGondo

Banned
With each consecutive post, you are turning into some sort of Neo-Trax.

Sorry, I'll stop interrupting your regularly-scheduled series of irreverent posts and ignore a possible preview of the Finals. Everybody was enjoying those paragraphs of debate about forum etiquette with Coffee Janitor.

My bad.

I'll be at the game so I need to get my thoughts out now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Sorry, I'll stop interrupting your regularly-scheduled series of irreverent posts and ignore a possible preview of the Finals. Everybody was enjoying those paragraphs of debate about forum etiquette with Coffee Janitor.

My bad.

I'm still waiting on that Lakers-Cavaliers Finals matchup.

Also:

it's march

who gives a shit

Well done.

OddSpoon

Banned

My bad.

Reilo loves the drama, not NBA talk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom