• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloudy

Banned
No I think it's white people who don't watch basketball except for march madness and like the drama that comes with it.

Fixed? I have never once heard a non-white person say this to me. Even the ones who don't follow the NBA but watch March Madness

KingGondo

Banned
The only people who think college ball is superior to pro ball are from Kentucky, Kansas, and North Carolina.

Also, I hope Baylor loses. Cheating-ass fuckers.

cashman

Banned
The only people who think college ball is superior to pro ball are from Kentucky, Kansas, and North Carolina.

Also, I hope Baylor loses. Cheating-ass fuckers.

you say cheating-ass fuckers, but then you forget they are playing against a callipari coached team.

But yeah fuck scott drew.

Rodeo, we need to find a way to trade the Wolves training staff for the Suns training staff. All of our players are injured all of the time, every year.

Piecake

Pretty big game for the wolves. Beat Denver and we increase Utah's chances of making it into the playoffs

I definitely would not say no to getting a Terrance Ross, Austin Rivers, or Jeffery Taylor on this team. would definitely help a lot

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Rodeo, we need to find a way to trade the Wolves training staff for the Suns training staff. All of our players are injured all of the time, every year.

I don't know that the medical staff has failed that miserably. Freak stuff happens. Although they've handled Beasley's injuries these last two seasons terribly.

LuchaShaq

Banned
I hear this a lot from friends and co-workers. Not to get all racial but the only people who seem to think this that I know are white lol

This 100%

Fucking 1 step from racist/1 step over the line racist remarks usually follow.

"NBA stars are all just overpaid selfish thugs the college players play for the love of the game!" You telling me nonstop shooting Jimmer was less selfish last year than guys like Sergei Ibaka, James Harden, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, KG in the NBA today? You going to tell me Kevin Love/Reddick/Morrison weren't thinking ever about their NBA contracts/draft order during their college seasons? Fuck off.

"College players try harder and actually pass and play defense". The amount of matador defense between March Madness and NBA playoffs isn't even comparable.

Don't even get me started on idiots who act like the college game is actually higher skilled (yup all those blown open layups even on top 15 teams) or that a team like this years Kentucky would be better than half the nba (lol no).

Honestly I'd rather watch WNBA than college except when a huge prospect like Durant/Rose/Griffin is playing and I want to see how he plays.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Pretty big game for the wolves. Beat Denver and we increase Utah's chances of making it into the playoffs

I definitely would not say no to getting a Terrance Ross, Austin Rivers, or Jeffery Taylor on this team. would definitely help a lot

They'd trade the pick for a below average vet.

Piecake

This 100%

Fucking 1 step from racist/1 step over the line racist remarks usually follow.

"NBA stars are all just overpaid selfish thugs the college players play for the love of the game!" You telling me nonstop shooting Jimmer was less selfish last year than guys like Sergei Ibaka, James Harden, Chris Bosh, Tim Duncan, KG in the NBA today? Fuck off.

"College players try harder and actually pass and play defense". The amount of matador defense between March Madness and NBA playoffs isn't even comparable.

Don't even get me started on idiots who act like the college game is actually higher skilled (yup all those blown open layups even on top 15 teams) or that a team like this years Kentucky would be better than half the nba (lol no).

Honestly I'd rather watch WNBA than college except when a huge prospect is playing and I want to see how he plays.

psycho T, the most selfish player in the NBA today, and he was a college bball darling

They'd trade the pick for a below average vet.

I have the faith that that wont happen

(going to forget about Martell Webster trade)

KingGondo

Banned
Their season will be vacated soon enough. College athletics!

Actually, this is really just a matchup of two obviously cheating programs. Baylor goes from one player murdering another and the head coach covering it up to consistently getting blue chip recruits with mediocre facilities, no tradition, poor coaching, and no record of producing NBA talent.

At least Calipari can also coach. Scott Drew does less with more than any coach in CBB.

thekad

Banned
Feel like this draft is getting underrated now because of how disappointing Drummond, Jones III, and Barnes have been. There are good players even outside the lottery.

Darkman M

I hear this a lot from friends and co-workers. Not to get all racial but the only people who seem to think this that I know are white lol

It makes sense though. There are few Caucasian-American NBA players who are elite. Most people like to somehow identify with stars in a sport they follow. I don't think it's any different from minorities not watching the NHL or Nascar. Maybe we'd hear people claiming that minor-league hockey or racing was better if they had some minorities dominating? lol

But what's the explanation for white fans of elite college teams with mostly black stars? School pride?

White Cheerleaders.

Guys can we stop the college ball talk. We can start it up again when the WNBA draft starts.

Anyways, my boy Durant going HAM tonight on Lebron's bitch ass.

Edit: Why is my avatar not showing up?

LuchaShaq

Banned
psycho T, the most selfish player in the NBA today, and he was a college bball darling

HE WORKS SO HARD OMG!!! Too bad he's a bigger black hole than basically anyone in the league.

Do you work in my office? LOL

Do people in your office act like the entire NBA is full of 2000 era Philly teams? Then yes. Ignoring the fact that they were one of the hardest working bunch of players I've seen ever including Iverson that season. Call Iverson selfish stat wise and lazy in the off season but he played as hard on the court as anybody. Eric Snow, George Lynch, Aaron Mckie, tyrone Hill all hard working guys with mediocre talent that let Iverson/Mutumbo do what they do best while playing hard themselves. Never been a sixers fan, and always been a Shaq fan, but it was hard not to like that squad even when Shaq was going crazy in the finals.

Alrix

Am I the only one that thinks the Cavs announcers are totally biased? I don't listen to a lot outside of MSG (Breen and Clyde are awesome), but man this one guy is annoying.

Magilla

Banned
Am I the only one that thinks the Cavs announcers are totally biased? I don't listen to a lot outside of the MSG (Breen and Clyde are awesome), but man this one guy is annoying.

RXReu.jpg

Tommy says, Hi.

giri

It makes sense though. There are few Caucasian-American NBA players who are elite. Most people like to somehow identify with stars in a sport they follow. I don't think it's any different from minorities not watching the NHL or Nascar. Maybe we'd hear people claiming that minor-league hockey or racing was better if they had some minorities dominating? lol

But what's the explanation for white fans of elite college teams with mostly black stars? School pride?

I think you'll find it has very little to do with race (i don't know wtf that comes from, seriously) and more to do with relatability. Fans of college bball will be people who don't really follow bball, but went to a college that did. So they can relate more to the organisation that is playing (being their old alma mater) than they can NBA ball.

If you want to say more white kids go to college, thats an argument for a different thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom