• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vahagn

Very few people in this community have been ganged up on and picked on more than me...who the hell would take things so personally to get NBA-GAF sent to Siberia?

Also, College ball is a joke. Unless you went to a school (and your school is great) or you live in a state that doesn't have a single NBA Basketball team...you can't think for a second that College Ball is better. They just pass the ball around 15 times and end up with a contested 3 point shot to beat the buzzer on half the plays. No one knows how to do an entry pass, FG% is abysmal, and most the players are so porous and horrible defensively they have to cover it up with zone and trap defenses, even against players that are literally incapable of creating their own shot.

LuchaShaq

Banned
college ball is so fukin bad. My god, this baylor kentucky game is supposed to be the apex of college basketball and instead we just get bad fouls and even worst shots.

made me turn on the denver game again, yeash

D league and summer league ball are better than college bball at this point. Not even being sarcastic.

Bu bu bu bu bu the passion! The grittiness! The pride of playing for your school!

lol, at UT, I got this shit a lot about football. There are a ton of 'football fans' at UT (which means they just go with everyone else who pretends to care)

I would tell people NFL>College and get shot down and be like "they play for money and not love! college sports is all about talent and heart!"

great, have fun watching another 49-7 game

Duki

Banned
Very few people in this community have been ganged up on and picked on more than me...who the hell would take things so personally to get NBA-GAF sent to Siberia?

Also, College ball is a joke. Unless you went to a school (and your school is great) or you live in a state that doesn't have a single NBA Basketball team...you can't think for a second that College Ball is better. They just pass the ball around 15 times and end up with a contested 3 point shot to beat the buzzer on half the plays. No one knows how to do an entry pass, FG% is abysmal, and most the players are so porous and horrible defensively they have to cover it up with zone and trap defenses, even against players that are literally incapable of creating their own shot.
this actually raises an important point, are we still allowed to call vahg vag

i mean thats an amazing nickname are we literally being forced to get rid of that

If you told me that Roy and Oden would retire before Kobe back then... smh. I wasn't wrong, dammit.

lol

Our future is always bright.
And even brighter, once we introduce Batum next year.

lol, at UT, I got this shit a lot about football. There are a ton of 'football fans' at UT (which means they just go with everyone else who pretends to care)

I would tell people NFL>College and get shot down and be like "they play for money and not love! college sports is all about talent and heart!"

Yea, another guy in the office attempted to push this line, I basically laughed it off and refuted it. Anything decided by computers is a joke. NFL is a man's game--what makes then think college players aren't playing for money? The best ones get drafted (and other stuff).

Even funnier when college > NBA, this is another one that shows me the person doesn't actually understand basketball.

it's really weird seeing luke walton in a cavs jersey

actually, it's really weird to see him on the court, period

remember once upon a time when he wasn't worthless?

WTF, is that an air jordan tattoo on gortat's leg?

Yea, another guy in the office attempted to push this line, I basically laughed it off and refuted it. Anything decided by computers is a joke. NFL is a man's game--what makes then think college players aren't playing for money? The best ones get drafted (and other stuff).

Even funnier when college > NBA, this is another one that shows me the person doesn't actually understand basketball.

yeah anytime someone makes the "they play with heart not for money (LOL) argument" i either bring up:

1) 1 and done
2) Ok, you watch the game for heart, I'll go watch the most skilled players in the world play the game at the highest level

it's really weird seeing luke walton in a cavs jersey

actually, it's really weird to see him on the court, period

remember once upon a time when he wasn't worthless?

WTF, is that an air jordan tattoo on gortat's leg?

yeah anytime someone makes the "they play with heart not for money (LOL) argument" i either bring up:

1) 1 and done
2) Ok, you watch the game for heart, I'll go watch the most skilled players in the world play the game at the highest level

Yep. LeBron at 18 was better than any player in college at the time. Quality my ass.

Vahagn

this actually raises an important point, are we still allowed to call vahg vag

i mean thats an amazing nickname are we literally being forced to get rid of that

Why would I care?

Meaning: Sure if you guys want to go ahead...I like NBA GAF and it's "Who the Fuck are You" mindset for the most part...so no complaints from me on the nickname

KingGondo

Banned

I agree with you basically, but CFB is WAY better than CBB, and I could at least understand why some would prefer it to the NFL. Sure there are blowouts, but the level of play among the top 15 or so teams is pretty high. But the BCS alone probably disqualified it in most peoples' minds.

But anyone who thinks college basketball>NBA is either ignorant, dumb, or both.

bjb

Banned
ESPN tells me that the ref's are as rusty as the players.

tumblr_m18hzf6qm71qcnsh2o1_400.gif

Piecake

In a blowout shouldn't Adelman be playing Derrick Williams? Come on, coach.

he plays players who are playing well, and Williams has not been playing well recently

Malcolm Lee can distribute. Malcolm Lee can dribble. Malcolm Lee can defend.

Rubio next to Lee. Or maybe 2 guard off the bench?

Rubio/Ridnour
Lee/Ellington
Draft a SF
Love
Pek

Id be happy with that. Well, so long as Ellington shows that he can actually shoot the ball and not pull that 20% BS he did for like 2 months straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom