• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

So this is strange, if you guys actually make the playoffs...what then?

I thought you guys were going to try and tank or something. Nash will be...39 next season? It's about time to rebuild.

I have no idea what the hell the plan is. It seems like Nash just said "fuck it, if i'm here, i'm going to play like an MVP again and clown people". Which he is doing.

We're a first round exit. First round upset at best followed by a second round sweep.

There's legitimately no point to the suns making the play offs.

Nash is 39 next season, Hill 40. We have no apparent replacement for Nash, or Hill. I don't see either of them, let alone both, staying on. Not as players anyway.

Oddest thing about the season is that Michael Redd has said that if he doesn't get a contract in the NBA next year, he'd like to stay on as a trainer at the suns.

h3ro

heavy's here?

BEST GAF IS BACK!

3cKTU.jpg

Wtf is wrong with your brain?
How are they troll posts? besides the obvious joke/sarcasm about Avery Bradley. Yall just belittle people here. This dismissive attitude is pretty weak. Calling dudes clowns in a dismissive and condescending manner, telling someone no one likes you and wants you here, saying their comments are absurd (despite being on the money the entire year).

Lol. Attack. Oh. You.

I see how you avoided my reply to you earlier about how you've been wrong on every single point we debated this year. Who really is the "Rick Santorum" here?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
So basically, Anthony Davis or I assume command of Heat-age

I'm okay with this

Kemba for Turner

Right now

He could replace Lou after he leaves for the MAX in Brooklyn...

hmmmm.

Fuck, Smoove is destroying Millsap again :/

It seems like he's gone back to being bad in his last few games, pretty disappointing.

His shooting numbers are so bad for a guy who has to be a shooter in the NBA. 37, 36% from three, 72% from the line, just bad.

Honestly.....I just don't think Turner is that good. Teams have figured him out bigtime....that and his teammates pretty much hates him.

How are they troll posts? besides the obvious joke/sarcasm about Avery Bradley. Yall just belittle people here. This dismissive attitude is pretty weak. Calling dudes clowns in a dismissive and condescending manner, telling someone no one likes you and wants you here, saying their comments are absurd (despite being on the money the entire year).

I see how you avoided my reply to you earlier about how you've been wrong on every single point we debated this year. Who really is the "Rick Santorum" here?

You also have said the Lakers are the 3rd best team. You have said that Kobe will be revitalized but have you not seen his quality drop in te 4th quarter? Bynum being healthy up to this point gives you a point? Hell no. You basically bought a quick pick lottery ticket that so far is correct. Nothing to do with skill or basketball IQ ad everything to do with being a homer. So congrats on that. I'm still waiting for you to fulfill your ban bet. Something you pussy'd out on which was the beginning of your time here and the beginnig of why folks called you out.

giri

Absurd comments like:

- Predicting Kobe to have a rejuvenated year thanks to experimental PRT and the Lakers would be one of the top 3 teams in the west
- Predicting Bynum to stay healthy all year and break out after reports of him being in the best shape of his life
- Saying the Blazers wouldn't be able to keep it up after their early season success
- Saying the Nuggets were too young and inexperienced and wouldn't be able to keep it up after their early season success
- Saying the Clippers wouldn't do anything this year and were akin to fool's gold based on their early season success

got laughed at and ridiculed for all those comments as well

Except...

You had nothing to base the blazers assumption on, and that team should be better than it was.
The Nuggets didn't fall apart due to youth and inexperience but injuries
And the clippers are in the 4th seed.

So i don't get where you think you were right about all those points.

But congratulations for being the sort of angry loud mouth you're accusing everyone else of being.

Except...

You had nothing to base the blazers assumption on, and that team should be better than it was.

But congratulations for being the sort of angry loud mouth you're accusing everyone else of being.

And this. Basically asking us to congratulate him on a couple points of luck and two incorrect points. Yay?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Heavy trolls too hard for his own good. Doesn't help that he never established a baseline of sanity either.

Vahagn

This thread does have this crazy over-reaction to anyone who says something outside of being captain obvious or the norm

It's the truth...this tread...although entertaining and hilarious...is more focused on trolling, shit talking, watching games and commentating, pics of kate upton than it is on a well thought out basketball discussion with a semblance of respect for ideas that go against the grain

So its like hanging out with some buddies at the bar watching the game? Sounds good to me.

Yup! Which is why I come back

This thread does have this crazy over-reaction to anyone who says something outside of being captain obvious or the norm

It's the truth...this tread...although entertaining and hilarious...is more focused on trolling, shit talking, watching games and commentating, pics of kate upton than it is on a well thought out basketball discussion with a semblance of respect for ideas that go against the grain

So its like hanging out with some buddies at the bar watching the game? Sounds good to me.

So you do understand nba-age culture.

giri

Not really, it just that most people who come up with said stated opinions can never justify them even remotely.

For example, the kyrie vs rubio debate. There were 2 sides on that. Still are.

You also have said the Lakers are the 3rd best team. You have said that Kobe will be revitalized but have you not seen his quality drop in te 4th quarter? Bynum being healthy up to this point gives you a point? Hell no. You basically bought a quick pick lottery ticket that so far is correct. Nothing to do with skill or basketball IQ ad everything to do with being a homer. So congrats on that. I'm still waiting for you to fulfill your ban bet. Something you pussy'd out on which was the beginning of your time here and the beginnig of why folks called you out.
- I said they were the 3rd best team in the WEST... this has been clarified to you several times already and you keep bringing it up. I specifically said the west.

- What does kobe's recent drops in the 4th Q have to do with what I predicted? is he still not leading the league in scoring and having a year that few thought he would based on all the naysayers preseason?

- a lottery ticket that's hit several times

- no one took me up on the bet, a mod even said this. And this was so long ago... it's weak to hold a grudge for that long, you're using it as a crutch to talk smack.

Except...

- Gut feeling about portland and I was right

- The nuggets fell apart because they aren't good enough yet, period. People were saying they had a good chance of taking LAL in a series.

- Yall were fired up about the clippers after the cp3 trade and their success thereafter and saying how they were the best team in LA. I said no way and said they would come back down to earth and they did. Lakers are a better team and always were. Next year? who knows

Vahagn

Not really, it just that most people who come up with said stated opinions can never justify them even remotely.

For example, the kyrie vs rubio debate. There were 2 sides on that. Still are.

Two things:

1) Vouching for either of The top 2 ROTY candidates is hardly going against the grain.

2) While most Rubio fans respect Kyrie...more than a couple Kyrie / Cavs fans basically keep calling Rubio trash and offer no respect and troll Rubio/Minny fans

So...basically that fits my exact point

Kobe has not had a rejuvenated season. No way. He has regressed.

The issue is about pain. Kobe was in a great deal of pain in his knees the past two years. He wasn't even able to practice last season. He's "regressed" because it's a new offense, he's played with more wrist injuries than normal (explains his abysmal 3 point shooting)...the offense has looked abysmal...he's gotten older. But he's pain free, able to practice, leads the league in minutes so his conditioning is fine, and still plays better than anyone he was drafted with by a large margin. I'll take that

Kobe has not had a rejuvenated season. No way. He has regressed.

Totally disagree. After the playoffs last year and during the preseason all the talking heads on TV and beatwriters were claiming he wasn't the same kobe anymore, lost a couple steps, was on a steep decline, wouldn't be able to handle the compact schedule, etc. Mamba's proved the haters wrong just like he said he would when the season started.

- I said they were the 3rd best team in the WEST... this has been clarified to you several times already and you keep bringing it up. I specifically said the west.

- What does kobe's recent drops in the 4th Q have to do with what I predicted? is he still not leadi

- a lottery ticket that's hit several times

- no one took me up on the bet, a mod even said this. And this was so long ago... it's weak to hold a grudge for that long, you're using it as a crutch to talk smack.

- The nuggets fell apart because they aren't good enough yet, period. People were saying they had a good chance of taking LAL in a series.

- Yall were fired up about the clippers after the cp3 trade and their success thereafter and saying how they were the best team in LA. I said no way and said they would come back down to earth and they did. Lakers are a better team and always were. Next year? who knows

Because Kobe has hurt the Lakers in many instances. Because Kobe's FG% is embarassing. Because Kobe is still 33 years old and its showing.

Because the Lakers even at a 3rd seed as of today arent the 3rd best TEAM. Lakers got their ass handed to them in the second round last year and it wont be different this year.

Because te Clippers will not only be in the playoffs last year but wont be te last seed. If you dont think that is worthy of the hype then lol.

Because You still backed out of a ban which speaks dividends about you. You flap out at the mouth in terms of hype and homerism and even when you are proven to be incorrect you refuse to admit your homerism.

giri

-

So it's no longer, clippers will do nothing, but that LA would beat them. Ok. That team has too much talent to not make the play offs. Too much flawed talent to win it all.

Nuggets fell apart because they aren't good, despite having their 2 main star starters out injured for huge chunks of time (which, coincidentally coincided with their decline).

Still can't justify the portland thing.

I'll state random opinions here all the time and just say it's a hunch/feeling/opinnion. I don't try and claim them as fact.

Last year i said several times during the season that the Grizz were good, Marc Gasol is the best C in the west (which he really is BTW), and even after rudy went down, that they were dangerous. Their regular season had no way of proving it, but you just got that feeling.

The difference being you argue it with vitriol and spitting fire and try to state the things as undeniable facts. if instead of coming in looking for arguments, but rather conversations, your opinions would be treated really differently.

Duki

Banned
also very few people who come in here have practical basketball knowledge and stuff

like most arguments come down to stats and shit

or just yelling at one another

this is ok but people who really know basketball as its happening know it in a different way to omg kobe made that shot he is so good

like sometimes it is just kobe being good but mostly there are plays and things and most people dont know them but they come in and yell at us anyway and it can be annoying

its like me telling an nfl lineman why he sucks

i have no idea about how to be a good lineman why would i try and tell him

Totally disagree. After the playoffs last year and during the preseason all the talking heads on TV and beatwriters were claiming he wasn't the same kobe anymore, lost a couple steps, was on a steep decline, wouldn't be able to handle the compact schedule, etc. Mamba's proved the haters wrong just like he said he would when the season started.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/b/bryanko01.html

Please take a look at this and tell me he hasn't regressed. I see lower PPG (per 36), eFG%, Higher TO's. What do you see?

cashman

Banned
I remember avery bradley from his longhorn days. He wasn't even that good in college, much less good enough to be a one and done player. Great defensive skills though.

Now that Jordan Hamilton guy, let me tell you...

pilonv1

It's pretty sad that the best NBA frontcourt player North Carolina has produced since 2000 is going to be Ed Davis or Tyler Hansborough.

LuchaShaq

Banned

Anyone can look good jacking 25 shots a game at 41%. Just that 90% of players would get thrown under the bus for choking away 4-5 games in a shortened season with awful shot selection in the final two minutes. But hey it's kobe so he gets a free pass from everyone even though at this point he's not even as good as Nuggets era Iverson.

If kobe was taking 17-18 shots a game he would be shooting at a higher %, getting better looks in the clutch, and his team would have more wins. Yet his ego and pursuit of Kareem's record won't allow it.

giri

Two things:

1) Vouching for either of The top 2 ROTY candidates is hardly going against the grain.

2) While most Rubio fans respect Kyrie...more than a couple Kyrie / Cavs fans basically keep calling Rubio trash and offer no respect and troll Rubio/Minny fans

So...basically that fits my exact point

No, your point is that all we do is concur with each other. The consensus was that it would be much more entertaining if rubio turned out to be a bust. Just because a few of the neo-cavs were idiots and couldn't discuss things normally doesn't mean all of nba-age couldn't. I've had several conversations about it with rational people in the threads.

And rubio was only a top 2 after his first 10 games. I was calling it after the pre-season. It was an unpopular opinion at the time. So lets not go back and re-write history.

So it's no longer, clippers will do nothing, but that LA would beat them. Ok. That team has too much talent to not make the play offs. Too much flawed talent to win it all.

Nuggets fell apart because they aren't good, despite having their 2 main star starters out injured for huge chunks of time (which, coincidentally coincided with their decline).

Still can't justify the portland thing.

I'll state random opinions here all the time and just say it's a hunch/feeling/opinnion. I don't try and claim them as fact.

Last year i said several times during the season that the Grizz were good, Marc Gasol is the best C in the west (which he really is BTW), and even after rudy went down, that they were dangerous. Their regular season had no way of proving it, but you just got that feeling.

The difference being you argue it with vitriol and spitting fire and try to state the things as undeniable facts. if instead of coming in looking for arguments, but rather conversations, your opinions would be treated really differently.

Nah, that's still Bynum. He ate his lunch the last time they played. The only one he can't flat-out punk is D12 and healthy Bogut, to an extent.

Oh yea. Kobes taking 3 more shots this season and his FG% is 3 points lower. 42-43 FG%? really Heavy? You want to praise that shit?

He gets a pass because some of those are just chucks to beat the shot clock. The main issue I've seen is that no one reins him when he starts to go off the rails. Dallas game is a good example of him scoring with the offense, just mid-range pull-ups and him and Pau taking shots from the top of the key.

But, that said, the nights where he goes for for 5/18, he needs to recognize that a bit earlier. We're only going to go as far as he takes us...but he has to realize that our frontcourt has a mismatch damn near every night, and they just make things easier for everyone.

That's actually one of the encouraging signs about Sessions, he actually goes away from Kobe sometimes and gets someone else or himself an easy shot. Kobe took like 1 shot in the 4th last game, Lakers still won.

I love him, he's still my favorite player and I want him to get #6, but he'll have to adapt a bit. One of the Lakers' beat writers basically said the same thing. He can still drop 40, which is fantastic, but those games have to come when needed, ie, playoffs. His minutes also need to be lowered, but that's our coaches fault.

The issue is about pain. Kobe was in a great deal of pain in his knees the past two years. He wasn't even able to practice last season. He's "regressed" because it's a new offense, he's played with more wrist injuries than normal (explains his abysmal 3 point shooting)...the offense has looked abysmal...he's gotten older. But he's pain free, able to practice, leads the league in minutes so his conditioning is fine, and still plays better than anyone he was drafted with by a large margin. I'll take that

Yeah exactly. He's putting in 5 more mins per game and leading the league in mins played, which is insane for a dude his age that has the ball as much as he does. How many people would have predicted that after last year with his constant knee issues and injuries...That's rejuvenation, thanks to the platelet-rich therapy.

Higher turnovers are due to the extra run and lower fg% can be attributed to the torn ligament in his wrist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom