• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Mar |OT2| The Manhattan Project Part II: Blow It All Up, Again

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

It's pretty sad that the best NBA frontcourt player North Carolina has produced since 2000 is going to be Ed Davis or Tyler Hansborough.

I really like hansbrorbrorbrborbrborborbro though. Guys gonna carve out a really nice NBA career.

Would be really interesting if he ever got a consistent jumper.

Vahagn

That Kobe has the 4th highest usage in NBA history and may not end up in the top 20 in PER is pretty amazing though.

Usage rate is a dumb stat. It means he touches the ball. Yes because no one on the team could run the offense outside of him. Lebron / Durant / Melo / all have at least one other guy who runs the offense...Kobe doesn't. Kobe touches the ball on almost every single play the lakers run because we don't run PNR the way OKC / Miami with Wade / Bron / NY does.

It's a completely USELESS stat

giri

Nah, that's still Bynum. He ate his lunch the last time they played. The only one he can't flat-out punk is D12 and healthy Bogut, to an extent.

I take M.Gasol every day. Guy does so much more than Bynum does. Bynum did punky him last game though, undoubtedly. 33 & 15 or some shit?

SMH.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Usage rate is a dumb stat. It means he touches the ball. Yes because no one on the team could run the offense outside of him. Lebron / Durant / Melo / all have at least one other guy who runs the offense...Kobe doesn't. Kobe touches the ball on almost every single play the lakers run because we don't run PNR the way OKC / Miami with Wade / Bron / NY does.

It's a completely USELESS stat

The Lakers offense is much more potent when it's run through pau/Bynum. You act like Kobe has a 2010 cavs roster around him don't be ridiculous.

You know Kobe slipped when fans of opposing teams are happy when he starts jacking shots in the final 2 minutes like he's a no talent ball hog in a playground pickup game.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Usage rate is a dumb stat. It means he touches the ball. Yes because no one on the team could run the offense outside of him.

No, it means how many of his team's possessions end with him doing something (field goal attempt, turnover, whatever). It's actually quite useful.

Darkman M

The Lakers offense is much more potent when it's run through pau/Bynum. You act like Kobe has a 2010 cavs roster around him don't be ridiculous.

You know Kobe slipped when fans of opposing teams are happy when he starts jacking shots in the final 2 minutes like he's a no talent ball hog in a playground pickup game.

You are gonna have to let it go man.....

Yeah exactly. He's putting in 5 more mins per game and leading the league in mins played, which is insane for a dude his age that has the ball as much as he does. How many people would have predicted that after last year with his constant knee issues and injuries...That's rejuvenation, thanks to the platelet-rich therapy.

Higher turnovers are due to the extra run and lower fg% can be attributed to the torn ligament in his wrist.
SO? That doesn't change the fact that his FG% is down and TOs are up.

JambiBum

also very few people who come in here have practical basketball knowledge and stuff

like most arguments come down to stats and shit

or just yelling at one another

this is ok but people who really know basketball as its happening know it in a different way to omg kobe made that shot he is so good

like sometimes it is just kobe being good but mostly there are plays and things and most people dont know them but they come in and yell at us anyway and it can be annoying

its like me telling an nfl lineman why he sucks

i have no idea about how to be a good lineman why would i try and tell him

Every time I read one of your posts I use this ridiculous voice inside of my head that only seems to appear when I'm reading something from you.
The fact that you space your posts differently than anyone else makes it all the more ridiculous.

pilonv1

I really like hansbrorbrorbrborbrborborbro though. Guys gonna carve out a really nice NBA career.

Would be really interesting if he ever got a consistent jumper.

I do too, and I always thought he would.

But considering the perceived talent & upside of the forwards coming out of there it's pretty weak. Roy just doesn't seem to produce NBA big men, which is no slight against him.

So why they're up/down is insignificant in a debate about whether he's regressed or not?

Why is are opposing teams inviting him to shoot in the 4th? Because hes no longer the player he once was. Why this is so hard for you to comprehend and accept is the real interesting question.

Is tip at 8:30?

I can't take anymore broussard.

The voice, the fact that nearly everything he says is wrong or him sucking off Magic, LeBron, or hell any star makes him one of the worst analysts ever...

and then they put Jon Barry there too.

ESPN's NBA coverage is by far the worst...ever.

Vire

The voice, the fact that nearly everything he says is wrong or him sucking off Magic, LeBron, or hell any star makes him one of the worst analysts ever...

and then they put Jon Barry there too.

ESPN's NBA coverage is by far the worst...ever.

Their pre-game is made up for the fact by them having Van Gundy on color commentary.

The west is always about seeds/matchups.

Sorta. I mean yeah, last year the Grizzlies were a really tough match up for our team. And they played awesome. But we also had one-armed Manu who missed a game. I don't think anyone was thinking about what seed the Mavs matched up at last year.

meeks is a life failure

great shot lou.. there wasn't 4 secs left on the clock or anything.

Bu-but how else is Lou supposed to swag?

also Sam young needs to take all of Meeks minutes...but he won't because Collins and Meeks are in love or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom