• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Is it that bad? Was gonna buy the complete series Blu-ray on sale...
Its a great show, but if you like your wrists you should never marathon it. After I watched the last 8 episodes in one sitting I spent the rest of the night with a gun in my mouth.

jman2050

The Celtics are a ticking time bomb. They'll never get as close as they did last year again with their current core.

I still remember how fucking shitty that night felt when the Heat went down 3-2 to Boston

I thought that was the end of Miami basketball as I knew it

MGS: Ground Zeroes has made me believe again

iboPBw5VWPQ3Gb.gif

Sooo good

Fox318

Why didn't they include MGS1 in the HD collection?

of hell why haven't they released the HD collection on PC?

Ground Zero trailer now has me itching for some Metal Gears. Which should I buy off PSN, replay MGS3 in HD or play Peacewalker for the first time?

MGS5 is indeed awesome but MGS3 in HD needs to be seen to be believed. I'd say it's analogous to when Shawn Kemp truly fulfilled his potential after he signed with the Magic.

Ground Zero trailer now has me itching for some Metal Gears. Which should I buy off PSN, replay MGS3 in HD or play Peacewalker for the first time?

MGS3 & 4 are both great--3 has a higher learning curve, but it's extremely satisfying.

It also has some cool shoutouts in 4.

edit: I saw you're asking about Peace Walker--yes, go and play this.

Hey Red Blaster, what were those weird videos at the beginning of MGS 4 all about anyway?

Kojima being Kojima.

(although some of them advertised the various militia you fight throughout the game...so I guess it's supposed to be a parody of the type of commercial the patriots would run)

Emwitus

his IQ??

If he had even a basic understanding of basketball then he'd have realized that he would need to be able to shoot at some point. And how the hell is dribbling in place at the top of the key while a defender sags 6 feet off of him as those 3 HOFers play some of the best off-ball offense in this league anything but him benefitting directly from their impact on the court? His "time and time again" in the playoffs was one series. A series that his team was fully capable of winning, and it was typically because Miami made the deliberate decision to prioritize him even below Brandon Bass at times.

There are plenty of things to compliment Rondo for - but him simply being an unorthodox point guard that is essentially worthless in the final possessions of any close game should not be ignored. As good as he is, he can never be the best player on any team that he's playing on if that team's goal is to win it all. His playstyle and unfixable deficiencies simply wont allow it.

If rondo doesn't have a high basketball IQ then i'm afraid the nba is finished. And by any chance did you watch any celtics games in the playoffs last season? Didn't he close out most of there games and actually shot the basketball well from the free throw line?

Nori Chan

MGS3 was one of my favorite games of all time and I enjoyed every second of it.

I hated Peace Walker soley because of the construction of mother base and getting people to join it and that shit.

I've only played the first MGS, and by that, I watched my friend beat it because I would always die and then have to switch off the controller

Fixed for me
Same in that one too....except the bosses..for reasons.

I've only played the first MGS, and by that, I watched my friend beat it because I would always die and then have to switch off the controller

I never beat MGS1 either. I played MGS3 first so it didn't age well coming off of that one.

Watched a youtube play through.

It seemed to be the hardest in the series tho. Mainly because you have to be stealthy.

Triple U

Banned
his IQ??

If he had even a basic understanding of basketball then he'd have realized that he would need to be able to shoot at some point. And how the hell is dribbling in place at the top of the key while a defender sags 6 feet off of him as those 3 HOFers play some of the best off-ball offense in this league anything but him benefitting directly from their impact on the court? His "time and time again" in the playoffs was one series. A series that his team was fully capable of winning, and it was typically because Miami made the deliberate decision to prioritize him even below Brandon Bass at times.

There are plenty of things to compliment Rondo for - but him simply being an unorthodox point guard that is essentially worthless in the final possessions of any close game should not be ignored. As good as he is, he can never be the best player on any team that he's playing on if that team's goal is to win it all. His playstyle and unfixable deficiencies simply wont allow it.

Yeah, his IQ.

Even after all these years its amazing how you are still the same shameless hater you've always been. SMFH.

Lets see,

Basic understanding of the game? Its not like several of the best coaches(not including doc) call him the best floor general of the league and is praised for his feel for the game. Its not like he's probably the best PG at controlling offensive sets, has some of the best timings in a set and generally is just a beast at working the Xs and Os. Naw that jumpshot ends-all(despite it being about average this year).

I also love how you act like Ray and PP didn't take turns at being ass this whole season. You praise them for lasting this long yet somehow ignore the main reason that most people consider(Even the big three themselves) the catalyst of everything they do. Rondo. Shit is retarded. Won't even comment on the dumb ass "one series" claim.

Finally this last game shit. For any team whose final possessions amount to nothing more than one guy dribbling out the clock to pull-up for a contested shot, then no rondo ain't him. For for teams like BOS and SA who will draw up a play and actually try to execute a set at the end then I don't know more than a few players you could want above him handling the rock.

You claim to be this point guard expert put you don't seem to realize that almost no team wins with a PG as their best player. To make it seem like its some knock is that revisionist shit I don't like. Stay free man.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If rondo doesn't have a high basketball IQ then i'm afraid the nba is finished. And by any chance did you watch any celtics games in the playoffs last season? Didn't he close out most of there games and actually shot the basketball well from the free throw line?
I always scratch my head at stuff like this... Its not the free throw line. The very last possession. Its the 3 or 4 possessions where execution is critical and half court basketball outweighs everything else - that's where his value plummets because his team is always playing 4 on 5. The only time he's able to consistently contribute in that situation is when he makes teams pay for ignoring him completely while he has the ball in his hands. Its why and how he developed the habit of dribbling at the top of the key doing nothing.

Also, Rondo has been to the playoffs before this past year. And even in this year, his play was far from flawless. There were games where played out of his mind, yeah, but the games where he didn't... yeah, no. The Rondo you see every night is not the guy who can be the best player on your team if you intend to win.

You claim to be this point guard expert put you don't seem to realize that almost no team wins with a PG as their best player. To make it seem like its some knock is that revisionist shit I don't like. Stay free man.

augustin-brown2.jpg

If Larry Brown verbally raped your favorite player too you might feel the same

Top Bottom