• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

dwightjoakim_04.jpg

Triple U

Banned
Yes, you have, it's also what makes your argument dumb.
No, its what makes your argument retarded. You still haven't given me a legit reason why TP is a better PG than Rondo. You still haven't given me a reason of why TP has been outplayed by Rondo is almost every recent meeting. You are doing the DY_nasty thing where you close your eyes and scream as loud as you can that you are still right....

Defense usually takes more than 1 guy, a jumpshot on the other hand...

Offense usually takes more than one guy...........

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
It might be the 10+ beers speaking but in that picture Noah looks like he should be in WNBA. That is as much a critique of the WNBA as it is of Noah's bushy hairdoo and baby face.... "pause"

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Offense usually takes more than one guy...........

Basketball is maybe the only sport where one player added or taken can make you an instant contender or lotto team

And It is due mostly to that player being so good on O
Plus the rules are much more offensive minded now

Triple U

Banned
Basketball is maybe the only sport where one player added or taken can make you an instant contender or lotto team

And It is due mostly to that player being so good on O
Plus the rules are much more offensive minded now

Well yeah this is true. Still, Flash has a point.

Defensively Nash is a lateral move from Fisher and probably a step down from Ramon. Howard will certainly help, but don't be surprised when some PGs still have career nights on the Lakers. 4 on 5 works both ways.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Well yeah this is true. Still, Flash has a point.

Defensively Nash is a lateral move from Fisher and probably a step down from Ramon. Howard will certainly help, but don't be surprised when some PGs still have career nights on the Lakers. 4 on 5 works both ways.

I am huge on PGs being able to play.. Watched GP in his prime who played one on one better than ANY guard I have seen... That includes MJ who was great in own right..

But PGs can be hidden better than any other position on the floor.. And they added one of the best shot blockers in the NBA...

Puddles

Banned
Yeah, I'm not concerned about Nash's defense. Ramon wasn't a lockdown defender, and Derek Fisher was the worst defender in the league.

Kwhit10

What do people think Kobe's production will look like this year with the addition of Nash and Dwight?

Do you think he'll see a drop like Wade did with Bosh and Bron coming along? You think it will go down to about 22-23ppg? Or would you expect a greater drop in offense from Nash and Dwight?

charsace

Some motherfucker pulled a gun on me two blocks from a bodega. Bitch checked my pockets. Of course I'm not walking around with bills on me. So I laughed at him and told him, "Nigga, you wasting your time." Then his bitchass stole me. Holiday and shit and dudes are still grimey. If I was younger I would pay his punk ass back. Good thing dude punched like a limp wristed bitch because I can't deal with visible damage to my face right now.

Some motherfucker pulled a gun on me two blocks from a bodega. Bitch checked my pockets. Of course I'm not walking around with bills on me. So I laughed at him and told him, "Nigga, you wasting your time." Then his bitchass stole me. Holiday and shit and dudes are still grimey. If I was younger I would pay his punk ass back. Good thing dude punched like a limp wristed bitch because I can't deal with visible damage to my face right now.

I'm glad the hood didn't get to you. Where/suburb was this?

charsace

I'm glad the hood didn't get to you. Where/suburb was this?

Corona of all places. Corona is a eh, middle of the road hood you know. Not really bad, but not good. Though some parts are just straight up bad. Spanish cats there roll deep. Though if you walk tall and do you they won't bother you. A couple of years a go some little ones tried to check me for my hat because they had a few on me of course, but I ended up educating them.

Corona of all places. Corona is a eh, middle of the road hood you know. Not really bad, but not good. Though some parts are just straight up bad. Spanish cats there roll deep. Though if you walk tall and do you they won't bother you. A couple of years a go some little ones tried to check me for my hat because they had a few on me of course, but I ended up educating them.
Shit man, I hope you're ok.

Here, this will make you feel better.

iman-shumpert-80s.jpg

Shumpert needs to stop watching "It's A Different World" while on rehab.

Triple U

Banned
And they don't have Dwight Howard anchoring the defense behind them.

He will help sure, but no he can't do everything and again he's coming off back surgery. A limited range player like Rondo can still average 18/9 on 67% on a Healthy-Dwight anchored team. Or WB. Or CP3.

You have every right to be ecstatic by the nash pickup but please don't act like him being a liability on defense is something you can just brush off because of Howard.

Yeah it never happened to me like that (Although I got called "chink" several times on the streets)

I think probably the scariest moment is when it was 8:30 at night, I'm walking on Graham going to the McDonalds on Graham/Broadway, This dude walks by me starting to ask for cash. I didn't make eye contact with him and just said "I don't have any" and kept walking, he kept following me (empty street) and said "I know you're lying and that's making me real mad and you don't want that" and I said "Well deal with it" and just kept walking and I heard him stop and then walk the other way

I definitely took a different route back home lol

He will help sure, but no he can't do everything and again he's coming off back surgery. A limited range player like Rondo can still average 18/9 on 67% on a Healthy-Dwight anchored team. Or WB. Or CP3.

You have every right to be ecstatic by the nash pickup but please don't act like him being a liability on defense is something you can just brush off because of Howard.

LA won back to back chips with Fish playing 30 minutes a game and 27 minutes a game, with an injured 20 year old Bynum behind him and Pau Gasol. Nash will be a Net positive and Dwight is an upgrade defensively. If Mike Brown's defensive schemes can continue to be decent to pretty good, LA ain't worry about it.

Team defense will help mask Nash, not completely but enough and having dwight as a last line of defense is about as good as it gets in this league.

If i were a young, black pro basketball player I would dress like an early 90s drug dealer too. It's a lot better than the stupid, crazy shit Westbrick and Durant wear.

charsace

Yeah it never happened to me like that (Although I got called "chink" several times on the streets)

I think probably the scariest moment is when it was 8:30 at night, I'm walking on Graham going to the McDonalds on Graham/Broadway, This dude walks by me starting to ask for cash. I didn't make eye contact with him and just said "I don't have any" and kept walking, he kept following me (empty street) and said "I know you're lying and that's making me real mad and you don't want that" and I said "Well deal with it" and just kept walking and I heard him stop and then walk the other way

I definitely took a different route back home lol
That's good. Avoid physical altercation when you can. A lot of times I don't know any better and let my anger get the best of me. Which is why I do stupid shit like laugh at a guy that's trying to run my pockets. I think about it after the fact and realize that was just stupid bravado on my part. I was just lucky that dude wasn't one of those real motherfuckers because he could have bodied me.

Shit man, I hope you're ok.

Here, this will make you feel better.

iman-shumpert-80s.jpg

Shumpert needs to stop watching "It's A Different World" while on rehab.
I've seen a couple of dudes looking straight up 80's, but not with a flat top.

Triple U

Banned
LA won back to back chips with Fish playing 30 minutes a game and 27 minutes a game, with an injured 20 year old Bynum behind him and Pau Gasol. Nash will be a Net positive and Dwight is an upgrade defensively. If Mike Brown's defensive schemes can continue to be decent to pretty good, LA ain't worry about it.

Team defense will help mask Nash, not completely but enough and having dwight as a last line of defense is about as good as it gets in this league.

You ain't playing ORL though. Or 2010 Boston for that matter. We'll see.

If i were a young, black pro basketball player I would dress like an early 90s drug dealer too. It's a lot better than the stupid, crazy shit Westbrick and Durant wear.

"And here's footage of Ninja Scooter arriving at the arena earlier today:

EazyE%2B11d9b2c6.jpg

...lookin' straight up gangsta, got damn!"

I have to wonder if Nash being considered really unathletic is biasing how his defense is viewed. Nash's defense is very bad, but guys like YNB and Deron get destroyed on almost all pick-and-rolls and are terrible at getting out to shooters but their bad defense isn't really brought ever.

I have to wonder if Nash being considered really unathletic is biasing how his defense is viewed. Nash's defense is very bad, but guys like YNB and Deron get destroyed on almost all pick-and-rolls and are terrible at getting out to shooters but their bad defense isn't really brought ever.

I think you mean "Nash being white" instead of unathletic

charsace

Fundamentally Nash is a better defender than Shotcrook and Deron.

Triple U

Banned

Athleticism has nothing to do with it in most cases. Jason Kidd is one of the best defenders at the PG position. Andre Miller too.

Its not some conspiracy, Nash is just a shit defender....

Athleticism has nothing to do with it in most cases. Jason Kidd is one of the best defenders at the PG position. Andre Miller too.

Its not some conspiracy, Nash is just a shit defender....

My point is that so are Westbrook and Deron...Neither guy has anyone ever comment on the fact that they get blown by on most possessions or that they constantly leave guys wide open for three.

You ain't playing ORL though. Or 2010 Boston for that matter. We'll see.

The main point being, LA isn't taking a huge defensive hit at PG. We're not replacing a PG who was alright or decent at D with Nash. We're replacing Ramon/Blake, who were both slightly better on D, and then upgrading the offensive immensely. A half step back and 3 steps forward.

diehard

Fleer
IWMTB was always too hard on Deron's defense. He is a smart defender but has bad lateral speed. Quick PG's could take advantage but he was actually one of the better defenders against Kobe the Jazz had. He also has that "i dare you to shoot" attitude too often.

In no world was he as bad as Nash.

My point is that so are Westbrook and Deron...Neither guy has anyone ever comment on the fact that they get blown by on most possessions or that they constantly leave guys wide open for three.

I think a lot of it has to do is that Nash spent so many years with D'Antoni. They were notorious for not practicing defense so I think that label just gets stuck with him more often than it should be.

I think a lot of it has to do is that Nash
spent so many years with D'Antoni. They were notorious for not
practicing defense so I think that label just gets stuck with him more
often than it should be.

how about Stat lol.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

/Truth

That's good. Avoid physical altercation when you can. A lot of times I don't know any better and let my anger get the best of me. Which is why I do stupid shit like laugh at a guy that's trying to run my pockets. I think about it after the fact and realize that was just stupid bravado on my part. I was just lucky that dude wasn't one of those real motherfuckers because he could have bodied me.

I've seen a couple of dudes looking straight up 80's, but not with a flat top.

Hey man at least it didn't escalate and by laughing at dude you know you kept it as real as possible considering that situation.

Yeah there's no way I would ever win a physical fight. My best bet was just to pretend that I was some tough neighborhood Asian guy with connections to the Triad

Also, I can't believe Ninja's ps3 thread is still alive LOL

charsace

Yeah there's no way I would ever win a physical fight. My best bet was just to pretend that I was some tough neighborhood Asian guy with connections to the Triad
I try to avoid fights now because I'm too old for that type of thing, but back when I was a kid I fought a lot. Though I'll tell you something, most dudes can't take a hit. I can though because I have a big ass head and a jaw lol. So I've won a lot of times.

Though one time I got laid out by a University of Pittsburgh lineman. I checked that dudes chin with a two piece and he checked mine with one good one. And of course me being like 175lbs at the time and never going up against a specimen like him, I failed that check lol. We came to a truce after that. I was just happy that dude didn't go in on me while I was rolling around on the ground.

you handled it well chief.

What block? Corona is full of Mexicans(illegals), it ain't like it use to be.

charsace

chars, what would you had done had you been carrying?

I never deal with guns. Ever. Because a gun can make a guy bolder than he usually is. I'm bold enough without one. I have a cousin that used to run guns and coke in the 80's and saw what happened to him so it stuck with me. The idea of being locked up for years and then being deported didn't appeal to me.

I would rather throw hands because killing someone is something serious. If you live in a city and have a gun you don't have one to hunt turkeys. In extreme cases I'll grab a bat or something. That's about it.

If I had a gun in the situation that was in today with the rage I was feeling at the dude choosing to stick me up, it would have been disaster.

What block? Corona is full of Mexicans(illegals), it ain't like it use to be.
Past northern in the hundred street. I hear they have mexican mafia in corona. I doubt this dude was mexican mafia though. Just some mexican dude with a gun who felt like having a go at a black man that's bigger than him, and because he had the tool on him it made his balls bigger. If he didn't show me the gun I would have stole him something bad.

I never deal with guns. Ever. Because a gun can make a guy bolder than he usually is. I'm bold enough without one. I have a cousin that used to run guns and coke in the 80's and saw what happened to him so it stuck with me. The idea of being locked up for years and then being deported didn't appeal to me.

I would rather throw hands because killing someone is something serious. If you live in a city and have a gun you don't have one to hunt turkeys. In extreme cases I'll grab a bat or something. That's about it.

If I had a gun in the situation that was in today with the rage I was feeling at the dude choosing to stick me up, it would have been disaster.

Past northern in the hundred street. I hear they have mexican mafia in corona. I doubt this dude was mexican mafia though. Just some mexican dude with a gun who felt like having a go at a black man that's bigger than him, and because he had the tool on him it made his balls bigger. If he didn't show me the gun I would have stole him something bad.

Mexican Mafia as Thee Mexican Mafia from Socal? My bestfriend's cousins live on a 100st past Northern right by that shitty pool.

Emwitus

We're missing a big piece of that puzzle.....Lamar odom. Bynum never used to play lots of minutes.

We're missing a big piece of that puzzle.....Lamar odom. Bynum never used to play lots of minutes.

He averaged 19 mpg against ORL and 25 mpg against BOS, LO averaged 27 mpg against BOS.

LO got those minutes because he could produce more consistently than Bynum who was plagued with injuries and immature on the court, Bynum was what 21 or 22 during those two chips? Dwight being able to play 40+ as a legit defensive C kind of negates the need of a LO type to pick up forward duties so our PF can play C.

Top Bottom