• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Old?

Mark Cuban had an epic argument with these guys over Chris Kaman and whether or not he's a good 5. Their stats say guys like Birdman play efficiently with what few minutes they get, but Kaman is garbage. Mark disagrees.
http://wagesofwins.com/2012/09/03/attacking-the-center-ari-caroline-reveals-the-nbas-blind-spot/
Im not a huge fan of WP for the NBA, but its still fun to read the craziness you guys post.

has it dawned on you guys that other than obvious superstars, the “best ” and “underused” players all tend to look pretty much the same for every position ?

Maybe you should start looking at WP for lineups ?

Coaching matters. Who you play with matters. Who you play against matters.

you can force someone to make a bad pass to someone in a position where he cant take a good shot, negatively impacting that players efficiency . A player does that enough , it has an impact on the game. His minutes get reduced if that coach wants to win .

One of your highest rated centers is someone who falls into that category. You double team him because he has no clue what to do. He wont turn it over, but you can bet he someone will be heaving the ball up against the shot clock

and in all candor, Chris Kaman used to have that problem. He was asked to do too much as a passer. He would get double teamed and didnt make great decisions. We wont have the same requirements and it will be far tougher to double team him with most of our line ups.

System matters

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8...is-grizzlies-owner-recruits-justin-timberlake

Sources with knowledge of the arrangement said Thursday that Timberlake, one of the NBA's most prominent celebrity fans and a Memphis native, has committed to joining Pera's team of minority partners as the sale of the franchise from Michael Heisley to the 34-year-old technology magnate nears completion.

Sources told ESPN.com that Timberlake and Pera have quickly struck up a friendship, with one source adding that the singer/actor is making "a meaningful investment into the team" and "plans to be active" with the Grizzlies. The league office, sources said, has been made aware of Timberlake's proposed involvement and is already well acquainted with him after inviting the self-proclaimed basketball junkie to participate

Kamen is a good offensive center if any player is due for breakout season from new scenery it's him

I don't know, he kind of makes incredibly dumb plays every single time he gets the ball. He's never been part of a good offensive team in his career either which might be partially on him.

Whoever is controlling LA is .....for a lack of a better word, dumb.

Not enough PnR with Nash, and he should of been controlling pau or dwight on D and not Bron/Wade's man defender.

h3ro

h3ro you haven't posted the amare knicks are back pic in a long time

you should do that
So Ronnie brewer out for 6 weeks
WHAT'S WITH THE KNICKS AND KNEES

THIS IS A KNICK'S BACK

N9sFr.jpg

Blackace

true, he's also just as likely to fade further into obscurity.
No argument here

But with the center position being so weak and playing on team with a decent chance for the playoffs

I think there is a good chance for a resurgence

Blackace

I don't know, he kind of makes incredibly dumb plays every single time he gets the ball. He's never been part of a good offensive team in his career either which might be partially on him.
He played for the clippers. . . . . .

SUPREME1

Banned
Lakers Sign Greg Somogyi

September 6 at 8:12am CST By Luke Adams

THURSDAY, 8:12am: Somogyi's deal with the Lakers is non-guaranteed, confirms Ben Bolch of the Los Angeles Times.

WEDNESDAY, 6:21pm: In addition to adding former UCLA forward Reeves Nelson, the Lakers have signed undrafted rookie Greg Somogyi, according to Mike Trudell of Lakers.com (via Twitter). Both players were part of the Lakers' Summer League roster in Las Vegas.

Somogyi, who will turn 23 next month, never received more than limited minutes in his four years at UC Santa Barbara. The 7'3" center averaged 3.1 points, 3.3 rebounds, and 1.6 blocks in 11.8 minutes per contest in his senior year before going undrafted this June.

Terms of Somogyi's deal weren't released, but I imagine the contract includes a partial guarantee at best. The big man will receive an invite to camp and should get a chance to earn a spot in a frontcourt that will include Dwight Howard, Pau Gasol, Antawn Jamison, Jordan Hill, and Earl Clark.

Plan multiple parades.

Nori Chan

/Yawn ..... Get your facts right when you try to troll its only 3 weeks. You guys should take tips from Moris at least he is funny.
That was a joke?

child please your first post in this thread was you crying and bitching about us trolling the Knicks hardcore. Don't even act like it doesn't get to you.

The M.O.B

The HEAT have signed Mickell Gladness and Jarvis Varnado.

If Juwan retires, one of these guys might actually make the final roster. Heat only have 2 non-guaranteed spots on the roster if hopefully Howard retires.

Triple U

Banned
How many comlete online matches did you play on 360/PS3, how many did you play on PC?

How many leagues did you join? Did you reach completion while in those leagues?

How many times did your MyPlayer file get corrupted?

This is kind of a crazy question. The majority of my matches are played to the end and most of the time it does cut out is obvious rage quitting. Never joined a league, my My Player is sitting at 95 on 2K12.

2k11 was buggy as a hell brah.
dumbass net code.
league was buggy as hell.
major framerate drop for offline
patches that made the game worse.

2k8>2k11=2k3>the rest
Eh? I remember 2k8 being pretty bad...

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
That was a joke?

child please your first post in this thread was you crying and bitching about us trolling the Knicks hardcore. Don't even act like it doesn't get to you.

I was but man You haters have all gotten wack. So yawn step your game up or wait until the season starts for new material.

Yawnnn mannn

Alan hahn works for MSG . If you actually knew the knicks you would know thats the only media thats reliable when it comes to the Knicks...

But hey your keep being an amateur hater. Or maybe learn some comedy from moris.

diehard

Fleer
Yawnnn mannn

Alan hahn works for MSG . If you actually knew the knicks you would know thats the only media thats reliable when it comes to the Knicks...

But hey your keep being an amateur hater. Or maybe learn some comedy from moris.

I don't give a shit if its 3 or 6 weeks. Some dude that works at MSG does not automatically have more credibility than actual journalists.

I'm in a bad/argumentative mood after posting in that rape thread.. ugh

Zeus Molecules

I don't give a shit if its 3 or 6 weeks. Some dude that works at MSG does not automatically have more credibility than actual journalists.

I'm in a bad/argumentative mood after posting in that rape thread.. ugh

Alan Hahn was a journalist too... Anyhow you should spend more time petition a capsize change and less time on the knicks

Blackace

Alan Hahn was a journalist too... Anyhow you should spend more time petition a capsize change and less time on the knicks

Oh noes someone said a player who is basically leftover trash anyways might be out three weeks longer than somebody who works for the Knicks said...

Pick your battles.. 3 to 6 weeks.

Be glad that people talk about your team at all..

Zeus Molecules

Oh noes someone said a player who is basically leftover trash anyways might be out three weeks longer than somebody who works for the Knicks said...

Pick your battles.. 3 to 6 weeks.

Be glad that people talk about your team at all..

Your right it doesn't matter.... But hey at least its not a herpes scare.

Top Bottom