• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

DominoKid

Oh my God. As someone who only plays my player/career...i'm drooling.

Wasn't planning to get this until it drops to $30 like I do every year but damn, i might just bite day 1.

see i like MyPlayer...but i just want to play the games. fuck all that dumb shit.

and by "play the games" i mean singlehandedly win games by myself because the teammate AI is fucking shit

SamuraiX-

I owned with Nash & Stoudemire defensively, but good lord Payton & Schrempf were tearing through my defense like I wasn't even there...

r4Yh6.jpg

I straight LOL'd

hahaahahahahah

Nelo Ice

Banned
No one will want to play in OKC except to ring chase so those provisions don't affect the Thunder. Harden is a top 30 player in the NBA who is getting better every year. His stats last year were historic, the Thunder will pay him 15m a year.

Add that on top of the financial penalties and you can see why Presti is concerned about Harden's impending free agency regardless of the fact they can keep him. Even if Bennett could afford it and would be willing to pay they will be stuck with that core for the foreseeable future without any wiggle room to add any possible impact players. Imo they should've just signed Harden first and kept their YNB/Durant/Harden core while letting a team overpay Ibaka.

linsivvi

Nelo Ice

Banned
Whether they extend him now or match his offers next summer, they'll still need to pay the same tax. So why screw around and wait when you can get into a Lin situation or potentially ruin the team chemistry by not taking of him financially right away?

That's what I've been saying. He should've been taken care of ages ago so they wouldn't even be in this situation. Yes he'll be worth the price but if they do keep him the the cost will be severe. Presti and co are sweating bullets right now because of the potential costs for keeping their core together.

giri

That's what I've been saying. He should've been taken care of ages ago so they wouldn't even be in this situation. Yes he'll be worth the price but if they do keep him the the cost will be severe. Presti and co are sweating bullets right now because of the potential costs for keeping their core together.

Because if he tears his ACL this year, they won't have to pay him max/max.

The M.O.B

i like how they still have that same 1 voice.

too cheap to pay at least one other person to do a voice over i guess

Yup, that same voice that doesn't even fit most of the players people will make. It's fits for my black player but i'm guessing it sounds ridiculous on other ethnicity's.

Pkaz01

see i like MyPlayer...but i just want to play the games. fuck all that dumb shit.

and by "play the games" i mean singlehandedly win games by myself because the teammate AI is fucking shit

I'm hoping they live up to what he said in the video and his claim that the AI isnt fucking stupid now because that shit has been ridiculous so far.

Its not even that they are dumb they just flat out suck when you play with them you join a team with good players and they play just as bad as the shitty ones only they take more shots and take your play time. Fuck that.

I get happy when people get traded on the team because I am so tired of cussing out the same dumb ass for turning it over.

I'm hoping they live up to what he said in the video and his claim that the AI isnt fucking stupid now because that shit has been ridiculous so far.

Its not even that they are dumb they just flat out suck when you play with them you join a team with good players and they play just as bad as the shitty ones only they take more shots and take your play time. Fuck that.

I get happy when people get traded on the team because I am so tired of cussing out the same dumb ass for turning it over.

On 2K12 I made a C and the poor AI made it impossible to play as a team, in the end I got him to 80 and retired him.

Then created a 6f7 ball hogging PG that drives constantly, no way was I giving up that rock!

I just worry this year if the AI sucks and plays you set yourself are still largely ineffective then ball hogging is no longer an option as it looks like coach and the team read exactly what you are doing.

Pkaz01

I played center and pf, i didnt follow plays after i realized they had me stand in the fucking corner while someone else took the shot (and missed 90% of the time). When the team chemistry got high enough I just called for the ball the second it got past half court and did what I had to do.

another thing they need to fix is the fucking positions.. im a center not a small forward stop making me play that position.

giri

I played center and pf, i didnt follow plays after i realized they had me stand in the fucking corner while someone else took the shot (and missed 90% of the time). When the team chemistry got high enough I just called for the ball the second it got past half court and did what I had to do.

another thing they need to fix is the fucking positions.. im a center not a small forward stop making me play that position.

so in other words, they haven't fixed it since 2k11.

it's 2k sports

it's not going to get better.

they don't fix shit

i gurantee one of the pre game rituals will cause your save file to be corrupted or lock the game up so that you can't actually play the game it self. They won't fix that of course, but with the first patch they'll add 10 new pre game rituals.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air

Maybe his agent is asking for something near the Max and they are trying to work a trade? Thats the one angle that stalling makes sense since they still have a window to hear offers. If nothing good comes then keep him for the season and roll that dice.

Pkaz01

so in other words, they haven't fixed it since 2k11.

it's 2k sports

it's not going to get better.

they don't fix shit

i gurantee one of the pre game rituals will cause your save file to be corrupted or lock the game up so that you can't actually play the game it self. They won't fix that of course, but with the first patch they'll add 10 new pre game rituals.

Yea i'm not getting my hopes up and i'm not paying for it this year I fell for the jordan hype and the old school team stuff last year but to hype a game around some dream team shit? thats seriously DLC material.

Jmaes Harden aint going anywhere. they cant give him up, second best player on the team, and their most productive floor unit is westbrook,harden,durant. statistically speaking.

Myplayer stuff is always fun. It's a fun feature that you can actually put a lot of time into unlike gimmicks like Madden Ultimate team.

Team up will never work but as long as I can have reasonable latency in my league matches I'm good. Off-line should be flawless for the most part. Buying it day 1.

charsace

I'm pretty sure the Bulls would.

The bulls owner loves the cubs more than he does the bulls. Remember, dude said he would trade all six bulls titles for a cubs title.

And I've been saying it for months now, Harden is going to get the max. I think Harden will leave the thunder. He's on the cusp of blowing up as a player, but can't really do that as the 3rd guy on the Thunder.

On 2K12 I made a C and the poor AI made it impossible to play as a team, in the end I got him to 80 and retired him.

Then created a 6f7 ball hogging PG that drives constantly, no way was I giving up that rock!

I just worry this year if the AI sucks and plays you set yourself are still largely ineffective then ball hogging is no longer an option as it looks like coach and the team read exactly what you are doing.
Run plays. As your rating goes up you will get the ball more. The problem is that people are used to controlling everyone so they feel like they don't get the ball enough. After like the first half of your rookie season you will get the ball a lot if you are dominating.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
The bulls owner loves the cubs more than he does the bulls. Remember, dude said he would trade all six bulls titles for a cubs title.

White Sox, bro. White Sox. It'd be better if it was the Cubs because at least they're incredibly profitable. But no, he just pours money into the Sox, and that's why we won't amnesty Boozer.

DominoKid

Yeah i had a 6'5" pg, got drafted to memphis and i wanted to kill zbo, gay and mayo cause they never passed it. Demanded a trade to the heat (lol), made bron and wade go stand in the corner and the rest is history.

Man, in terms of explosiveness and speed Jeff Teague should be mentioned with Westbrook and Rose in terms of athletic point men. Dude's FG% at the rim is 61%, so the dude can attack the bucket and finish as well as any other scoring point guard. I got my eye on this dude, especially with iso joe gone.

SUPREME1

Banned
KD is a fool for getting buddy buddy with LeBron and working out with him. He should feed off the disappointment of losing to him and let the hate build. Let it drive him to be the best in the game. He should not be satisfied until he conquers LeBron.

That said, he could use the work out sessions to find weaknesses in LeBron's game and use them to his advantage down the road.

On the flip side, LeBron could do the same. Except, I don't think he's that bright. Pat Riley is though and would likely hire a cameraman to secretly film their workout sessions and instruct LeBron on how to exploit KD's shortcomings.

/wtf

Triple U

Banned
KD is a fool for getting buddy buddy with LeBron and working out with him. He should feed off the disappointment of losing to him and let the hate build. Let it drive him to be the best in the game. He should not be satisfied until he conquers LeBron.

That said, he could use the work out sessions to find weaknesses in LeBron's game and use them to his advantage down the road.

On the flip side, LeBron could do the same. Except, I don't think he's that bright. Pat Riley is though and would likely hire a cameraman to secretly film their workout sessions and instruct LeBron on how to exploit KD's shortcomings.

/wtf
This whole post makes absolutely no sense.

Skip doesnt like it because it ruins a potentially good storyline of LBJ and KD having some kind of bitter rivalry. I mean, when I read the news, my first thought was, "why you fraternizing with the enemy, this dude exposed and humiliated you on the national stage"....but you cant make an "enemy" of a dude you ball with at the Olympics a few weeks later. Plus, KD isnt like Kobe or Dwade, hes not an angry and bitter competitor...yet.

Triple U

Banned
Skip doesnt like it because it ruins a potentially good storyline of LBJ and KD having some kind of bitter rivalry. I mean, when I read the news, my first thought was, "why you fraternizing with the enemy, this dude exposed and humiliated you on the national stage"....but you cant make an "enemy" of a dude you ball with at the Olympics a few weeks later. Plus, KD isnt like Kobe or Dwade, hes not an angry and bitter competitor...yet.

They did the same week of training last year, you think either one was holding back?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Teague is a hell of an athlete.

Don't think he has the ballhandling ability of Rose though. Definitely doesn't have the drive.

Emwitus

/wtf

So i'm guessing thunder scouts have never watched lebron play in a real game?

SUPREME1

Banned
So i'm guessing thunder scouts have never watched lebron play in a real game?

Not the same as two individual players going up against each other one on one, exclusively, for an extended amount of time. The mind games alone would pay dividends come the Finals.

You don't get that from watching film.

Nelo Ice

Banned
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/20163668/lakers-interested-in-leandro-barbosa
"Among others, I'm talking with the Phoenix Suns, the Brooklyn Nets and the Los Angeles Lakers. Steve Nash even texted me because he wants me there," Barbosa told UOL Esporte via translation from HoopsHype.

You can remove the Nets from the conversation because they just signed Josh Childress as their 15th man. But the Lakers and Suns probably could get something out of the 29-year-old guard.

Barbosa sounds better than having Blake/Duhon being the back up PGs.

edit:And looks like there's good news regarding Dwight.
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/howard-371013-lakers-first.html

Details are scarce and Lakers spokesman John Black declined to comment, but Howard on Monday had his first hands-on session with Lakers athletic trainer Gary Vitti and head physical therapist Judy Seto at the team's training facility in El Segundo.

And the fact that he can do all the running and sliding and stepping he can – besides other exercises more taxing for his back – with seven weeks until the first game and three weeks until the first practice is certainly reason for optimism. (And for all that he still can't do, Howard has at least been working on his free throws, yes.)

charsace

Teague is a hell of an athlete.

Don't think he has the ballhandling ability of Rose though. Definitely doesn't have the drive.

Joe Johnson and Smoove got mad at him at the start of last season because he was driving too much. Teague needs to leave the Hawks.

Top Bottom