• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Skip doesnt care about being made a fool of or being right or wrong, his goal is to be talked about. and he's done well at that. that video with Mark Cuban going in on him has what, a million views? Skip won. Skip stays winning.
edit:shit has 2 and a half million views...

Omega

Banned
Skip doesnt like it because it ruins a potentially good storyline of LBJ and KD having some kind of bitter rivalry. I mean, when I read the news, my first thought was, "why you fraternizing with the enemy, this dude exposed and humiliated you on the national stage"....but you cant make an "enemy" of a dude you ball with at the Olympics a few weeks later. Plus, KD isnt like Kobe or Dwade, hes not an angry and bitter competitor...yet.

no one on in this league is anymore. it's a league full of pussies who would rather have more friends to pop bottles with.

no one on in this league is anymore. it's a league full of pussies who would rather have more friends to pop bottles with.

Cousins_DeMarcus_09-10.1.jpg

TylerD

Skip doesnt care about being made a fool of or being right or wrong, his goal is to be talked about. and he's done well at that. that video with Mark Cuban going in on him has what, a million views? Skip won. Skip stays winning.

This. He is a professional troll. Since he is from around here there are guys in the Oklahoma sports media that talk a lot about it.

DominoKid

Skip doesnt like it because it ruins a potentially good storyline of LBJ and KD having some kind of bitter rivalry. I mean, when I read the news, my first thought was, "why you fraternizing with the enemy, this dude exposed and humiliated you on the national stage"....but you cant make an "enemy" of a dude you ball with at the Olympics a few weeks later. Plus, KD isnt like Kobe or Dwade, hes not an angry and bitter competitor...yet.

yeah most of these cats now are pussy.

CP3 is real w/ it. Rose is (was?) real w/ it.
The rest of them cats is trying to be Lebron's flunkie.

i don't even need them to be bitter rivals.
but you can tell most of these players aint about that life.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Yeah, all this does is give Skip more fuel.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
yeah most of these cats now are pussy.

CP3 is real w/ it. Rose is (was?) real w/ it.
The rest of them cats is trying to be Lebron's flunkie.

i don't even need them to be bitter rivals.
but you can tell most of these players aint about that life.

Paul demanded a trade out of New Orleans and steered where he would go with his ability to opt out.

Wonder if Paul would ever reconsider returning to New Orleans.

He could join a core of Eric Gordon and Anthony davis along with a potential top 3 pick if
when
EG misses signifcant time again.

Cuz lets be real, dat Cp3/Griffin stuff aint gonna win shit.

giri

Wonder if Paul would ever reconsider returning to New Orleans.

He could join a core of Eric Gordon and Anthony davis along with a potential top 3 pick if
when
EG misses signifcant time again.

Cuz lets be real, dat Cp3/Griffin stuff aint gonna win shit.

Why would NOH want him back?

Pretty sure they've moved on with their lives and he's just a part of the past now. Not the present nor the future.

giri

I think it's pretty hard to argue that Anthony Davis, Eric Gordon, Ryan Anderson, and a good coach aren't better than CP3's current supporting cast of Blake Griffin and a bunch of guys who were good like 5 years ago.

It's the same conversation but in reverse, if the clippers kept EG in that trade.

Effectively you're saying both front courts equal each other (if AD plays out though, Hornets could arguably be better), and it comes down to the back courts, and EG is the best back court player out of both teams so.........

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
It's the same conversation but in reverse, if the clippers kept EG in that trade.

Effectively you're saying both front courts equal each other (if AD plays out though, Hornets could arguably be better), and it comes down to the back courts, and EG is the best back court player out of both teams so.........
EG plays SG better than CP3 plays PG?
Yeah, No

h3ro

I see you masud.
KD is a fool for getting buddy buddy with LeBron and working out with him. He should feed off the disappointment of losing to him and let the hate build. Let it drive him to be the best in the game. He should not be satisfied until he conquers LeBron.

That said, he could use the work out sessions to find weaknesses in LeBron's game and use them to his advantage down the road.

On the flip side, LeBron could do the same. Except, I don't think he's that bright. Pat Riley is though and would likely hire a cameraman to secretly film their workout sessions and instruct LeBron on how to exploit KD's shortcomings.

/wtf
This is what happens when you suck up to clovis.

SUPREME1

Banned
I see you masud.

This is what happens when you suck up to clovis.

I don't suck up to Cap. I like him enough to go into my little schtick and join him in entertaining you cynical asshats.

You should appreciate us for all the hard work we put in. We're modern day Vaudevillians and you guys are just don't appreciat the show.

This thread is dead at times without him these days. We need him back.

FREE CAP

BAN h3ro

Pimpwerx

This is just stupid. The information age has brought everyone together, athletes, fans and normies alike. Leroy Hoard mentioned on 790 today that even when he played back in the day, when he went to a city where there were buddies of his, they'd all go out to dinner and stuff, but then come gameday, they'd still try to knock each other's heads off.

Pro athletes are more competitive than you and I, it's why they were able to get good enough to be paid for their talents. Calling them pussies is just, plain retarded. Guys can be friends, and still want to beat each other on the court. Magic and Isaiah would kiss before games, then try like hell to beat one another. You don't get to that level without being a competitor and having the drive to win.

Lebron and Durant are the best in the game. They're head and shoulders above their peers. They probably just realize that in order to get better, they need each other. They probably push each other through workouts and seeing each other perform gives them that extra motivation to get that much better. When they meet again on the court, they'll each try their best to ensure their team wins. Keep that pussy talk on ESPN, where it belongs. Skip is just in the business of generating ratings. He doesn't even believe his own bullshit. PEACE.

EL SEGUNDO, CALIF. — Time Warner Cable SportsNet announced today that James Worthy, Chris McGee, Dave Miller and Mike Trudell are joining the network’s on-air team. Mark Shuken, Senior Vice President and General Manager, TWC Sports Regional Networks, made the announcement. Time Warner Cable SportsNet launches on October 1, along with its sister network Time Warner Cable Deportes, and the quartet of announcers will contribute primarily to Los Angeles Lakers coverage.

Read more here: http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/09/12/4258809/james-worthy-chris-mcgee-dave.html#storylink=cpy

YES. Love Worthy's analysis. Trudell is cool too and is Coach Miller. Don't know anything about McGee.

But I just realized, no more Jim Hill :(

Do a lot of people really think that Butler, Odom, Crawful, and Billups are still good? They're not really good at all. Maybe Odom can have a comeback, but the other guys look unsalvageable based on their age, injury history, playstyle, and attitude...And that's the entire supporting cast of CP3 and Griffin other than DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledose.

pilonv1

Do a lot of people really think that Butler, Odom, Crawful, and Billups are still good? They're not really good at all. Maybe Odom can have a comeback, but the other guys look unsalvageable based on their age, injury history, playstyle, and attitude...And that's the entire supporting cast of CP3 and Griffin other than DeAndre Jordan and Eric Bledose.

Odom playing with Griffin will be great. Less pressure on Paul to distribute and having another strong passer will get Griffin a lot of easy looks. But the rest of them I'm not sure.

linsivvi

There's no reason (other his fragile mind) that Odom can't play at least close to his level 2 years ago. Sure he'll probably decline a bit based on his age but it's not like he's the first or second option on the Clippers. He's back to LA so I think we should give him the benefit of doubt at this point.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I was comparing back court players left after you took CP3 out of the equation.

The Hornets backcourt is better than the Championship Bulls teams once you took MJ out of the equation..

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Sooo 4 months or so till Rubio comes back and the season officially starts eh? sigh ...

DominoKid

im afraid to see the cheese potential in 2K13.
2K12 pissed me off enough.
these sig skills just sound like cheese taken to the extreme.

im afraid to see the cheese potential in 2K13.
2K12 pissed me off enough.
these sig skills just sound like cheese taken to the extreme.

You ready for Austin Rivers breaking your ankles at a stupid rate?

You ready for Luis Scola to never go cold?

You ready for Jason Terry's Js to have a higher rate of going in during the 4th and all OTs?

You ready for the human gaghighlight reel Javale McGee?

You ain't ready.

Top Bottom