• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

SUPREME1

Banned
Channing Frye has a dilated cardiomyopathy. He's out indefinitely -- and possibly will have to retire. Hope he's gonna be alright.

That's unfortunate. Nice stroke from the arch.

Didn't he get a nice contract while with the Suns (as in he'll be alright financially)?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bryant would be in the #1 spot regardless of what publication decided to do this list.

2000 thru now? No doubt.
Personally think TD has done more with less

Hard to say no doubt and even Shaq could be considered for half a decade of being unstoppable

icecream

Public Health Threat
Paul also said he was still irritated about being patted on the head by Gasol when the Lakers played the Clippers last season, causing the two to be separated in the waning seconds of the game.

"We call that sonnin'," Paul said. "Like when I take Li'l Chris to the bathroom, I'll walk with my hand on his head. That's my son. You know what I mean? I understand that Gasol is that tall, but don't do to me what I do to my son."
KuGsj.gif

If you're tired of hearing about the Knicks you shouldn't be posting articles that are about them every day.
...I can't stop others from posting basketball related stuff in the basketball thread. Knicks-age posts Knicks stuff too, because that's what they obviously want to talk about.

This is such a weird gripe for someone to have.

giri

He should be fine then. Never came across as childish or immature, so I doubt he'll be in the same boat as Antoine Walker.

How high was he drafted? How much did he pocket with the Knicks?

Dunno about draft, but he's a rather low key fellow, beleive he has a wife and legitimate kids. Don't think he's been entirely stupid with his money.

Got nothing against Frye really, he's just sort of redundant on the current team.

Damn, Frye.

Frye developed a dilated cardiomyopathy, which is an enlarged heart. This was found during a routine preseason physical by Suns team cardiologist Dr. Tim Byrne.

"The good news is it is a virus so it does have a good chance of going away," Frye said. "My heart can be normal again."

Frye will not participate in any basketball activities and his progress will be re-evaluated in December. He said he would rest for six months, confining his activities to golf and yoga.

Frye visited the Mayo Clinic in Minnesota Wednesday.

"It was very shocking and, at the same time, scary," he said of his situation. "It's not like an arm or a knee or an elbow where you're like, 'Maybe I can just rehab this.' It's something that keeps you going."

Frye was sidelined by a shoulder injury late last season but said the rehab for his shoulder went well and there were no lingering symptoms.

He had been cleared to begin scrimmaging and was planning to participate in training camp, beginning Oct. 2.

The 6-10 forward remains optimistic for a return to the NBA.

"I'm definitely not done," he said.

Frye graduated from St. Mary's High in Phoenix, played at the University of Arizona and was drafted eighth overall by the New York Knicks in 2005.

He also played for Portland before signing with Phoenix as a free agent in 2009.

In three seasons with the Suns, Frye has averaged 11.5 points, 5.9 rebounds and 1.00 blocks in 222 games.

Frye has led the Suns in 3-pointers made for the past three seasons, and has made a combined 434 3s since joining the Suns, the third-most of any NBA player in that span (Jason Richardson, Danny Granger).

"Nothing is more important to us than the health and well-being of our players," Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby said in a statement released by the team. "Channing and his family have the full support of our organization. His health is our primary concern and we are committed to helping him in any way he needs."

On the suns.com website, the team is asking for fans to submit well wishes to Frye.

Read more: http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun...anning-frye-enlarged-heart.html#ixzz273e2WJG9

Seems there is a good chance he can come back in the future, but next season is done.

Hope they zap this virus to hell and we can see him on the court.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Forgot that the Knicks took him 8th

And turned around and picked Hill at 8th a couple of years later lol

SUPREME1

Banned
The best part was afterwards when Gasol walked off cursing him out.

Also, read that CP3 article about preferring the Clips over the Lakeshow...lulz. No beautiful black body asks to get traded to the Clippers.

Let's see...

Tenants of Staples Center have won championships:

Lakers... obviously
Kings... woot woot
Sparks... you go girls

Tenants who haven't:

Clippers... dat CP3 preferred franchise
Avengers... RIP since 2008

SamuraiX-

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Free agent center Hamady Ndiaye has agreed to a non-guaranteed camp deal with the Sacramento Kings, league source tells Y! Sports.

wat

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Ndiaye has a solid shot to make Kings opening night roster.

WWUUUUUUUUUUUTT???

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Channing Frye has a dilated cardiomyopathy. He's out indefinitely -- and possibly will have to retire. Hope he's gonna be alright.

That really sucks. In March of last year, I developed pericarditis due to a viral infection, and it lingered until October, though I still get chest pains to this day. So I feel what he's going through, being shut down by something you can't even rehab.

Nothing makes a man in his late-20s feel for human than a heart issue. Like, I'm healthy, wtf do you mean it's my heart.

Misterhbk

The best part was afterwards when Gasol walked off cursing him out.

Also, read that CP3 article about preferring the Clips over the Lakeshow...lulz. No beautiful black body asks to get traded to the Clippers.

A year from now Paul will show us exactly where he wants to play.

Jarlaxle

That blows. Frye is a great guy and I hope he can come back and play one day. I thought he was going to have a pretty good year back in the backup center position.

giri

So if you miss and get an offensive rebound, that counts as a new possession?

I'm not exactly sure if that counts as a new offensive possession. i think the other team has to have control of the ball for the possession to be "ended".

IWMTB can probably confirm how possession are defined technically.

But i do know that even for a tip shot you're meant to be awarded a rebound and a shot attempt, so probably.

RE6 is incredibly boring going by the demo. The enemies never do anything, the game is trying way too be cinematic. No new news here, but bleh.

So if you miss and get an offensive rebound, that counts as a new possession?

If a team gets an offensive rebound, their possessions don't go up. If Rubio misses a shot and then Love gets the rebounds and puts it in, it counts as one possession.

Where's Shadowlurk at? He was talking all that good shit about Dwight not going to LA.

#HeGonGetThisWork

Just so we are on the same page,

me said:
Imma put it like this and leave it here:

SUCK WHOEVER'S DICK YOU NEED TO GET HOWARD, BEAT-OKC, AND MEET US IN THE FINALS.

You don't know how bad I want the heat to go up against this dream team you clowns have running around in your head...

I still love our chances against LA. Thats if they make it.

Top Bottom