• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

when's the last time the EC has been as bad as it'll be this year? three of the teams in SE division are lottery teams, the central division is pitiful,(yall are right, the Pacers are frauds that play a miserable brand of basketball) Philly will have winning record because there are maybe two teams in the East that can guard Bynum and my team will struggle to get 40 wins. I mean not only are these teams bad, they are bad to the point of being jokes like the Wizards. Shameball will rule.
The only joke teams in the WC are gunna be Houston and Sac-town. Maybe Golden State if Steph Curry and Bogut dont stay healthy. every other team is gunna play competitive, watchable basketball.

when's the last time the EC has been as bad as it'll be this year? three of the teams in SE division are lottery teams, the central division is pitiful,(yall are right, the Pacers are frauds that play a miserable brand of basketball) Philly will have winning record because there are maybe two teams in the East that can guard Bynum and my team will struggle to get 40 wins. I mean not only are these teams bad, they are bad to the point of being jokes like the Wizards. Shameball will rule.
The only joke teams in the WC are gunna be Houston and Sac-town. Maybe Golden State if Steph Curry and Bogut dont stay healthy. every other team is gunna play competitive, watchable basketball.

wizards will be better compared to last season. They have a couple of pieces. Also raptors got kyle lowry,they already have some decent pieces so they should improve as well. i don't think houston will make the playoffs,jazz are better.

giri

did you see that contract they gave him? he is going no where for at least 2-3 seasons.

Joe Johnson. NeNe. Gilbert Arenas. Roy Hibbert. There are tons of bad contracts out there. His is bad but this league has a history of proving anything is tradeable.

Yeah, why rely on potent interior scoring from time to time when you could simply expect your guards to do everything?

I don't know. The heat won a chip this year based on the philosophy you're mocking.

giga

5pur5 won't go anywhere meaningful in the post season. That's why they're always written off.

Enjoy your 45 wins.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
As the #1 Spurs fan here, I won't be surprised if we miss the playoffs completely.

All the pieces for a championship were there last season. Long winning streak, picking up JAX, short season, HCA through the playoffs, Bulls losing Rose, Kobe getting booted in the 2nd round, and no major injuries.

You don't get that combination every year. Went from winning 20+ games in a row to losing 4 in a row after being up 2-0

That's just depressing.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Joe Johnson. NeNe. Gilbert Arenas. Roy Hibbert. There are tons of bad contracts out there. His is bad but this league has a history of proving anything is tradeable.

I don't know. The heat won a chip this year based on the philosophy you're mocking.

I didn't say he was untradeable but that its too new to move it. In 2-3 years I can see them packaging it with some youth for something nice but history shows its still to many years attached.

5pur5 won't go anywhere meaningful in the post season. That's why they're always written off.

Enjoy your 45 wins.

They lost a close series in the WCF when James Harden was hotter than at any point in his career. In one of their losses, Ibaka and Perkins combined for 18 of 20 from the field despite normally being unable to make uncontested layups.

Emwitus

I still think the spurs are a bigger threat to LA than OKC but watching that collapse last year was horrible even as non spurs fan. I really thought they could stop MIAMI from chipping...Oh well. And who can forget our very own justin timberlake.......lol

I wish the Spurs hadnt been a sham, they played beautiful basketball for so many games and made you think they'd fuck the heatles up good. G3 against the Clippers was a fucking clinic, like grown men playing confused and overmatched teenagers. (lol, whose the most incompetent joke coach at Staples, Del Negro or Mike Brown?)
They got some rough calls in game 6 against the OKC, but fuck that, they blew a huge lead too. no excuses.

I wish the Spurs hadnt been a sham, they played beautiful basketball for so many games and made you think they'd fuck the heatles up good. G3 against the Clippers was a fucking clinic, like grown men playing confused and overmatched teenagers. (lol, whose the most incompetent joke coach at Staples, Del Negro or Mike Brown?)
They got some rough calls in game 6 against the OKC, but fuck that, they blew a huge lead too. no excuses.

Del Negro is by far worse. At least Brown can put together a competent defensive system. VDN's offense was high school tier and his defense was meh. It's a miracle he's still there.

Kobe is a better coach than VDN.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Nets away jerseys look meh.

Hope the Kings wear their black jerseys when they play Brooklyn so it'll be mass confusion.

They lost a close series in the WCF when James Harden was hotter than at any point in his career. In one of their losses, Ibaka and Perkins combined for 18 of 20 from the field despite normally being unable to make uncontested layups.

Eh, "the buh bu X team was this close and Y player will never be this hot again" game never means shit. The better team won, just like I predicted.

I swear, King Gondo was doing that shit every game of the finals past game 1 and I was laughing my ass off. Moral victories are for simps...

As the #1 Spurs fan here, I won't be surprised if we miss the playoffs completely.

All the pieces for a championship were there last season. Long winning streak, picking up JAX, short season, HCA through the playoffs, Bulls losing Rose, Kobe getting booted in the 2nd round, and no major injuries.

You don't get that combination every year. Went from winning 20+ games in a row to losing 4 in a row after being up 2-0

That's just depressing.

There is no way in hell they miss the playoffs.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Well, being a Bobcats fan, perhaps you're used to seeing disappointment? #freedj

Kidding! ?

:(

maybe it had something to do with unrealistic expectations again. gaf is great at that
Neither do I. I bet you the Director's Cut is gonna be Kingdom of Heaven DC awesome.

I was able to watch it because it hit xbox live early, but goddamn

and noomi <3

I liked Prometheus. Maybe it's because I'm not all hardcore about Alien(s) and it's canon, so I went in treating it as an independent movie and thought it was cool and creepy. Also looks beautiful. Can't wait for the BluRay.

DY_nasty

You need to watch Aliens man. Now. Its still fucking amazing.
I liked Prometheus. Maybe it's because I'm not all hardcore about Alien(s) and it's canon, so I went in treating it as an independent movie and thought it was cool and creepy. Also looks beautiful. Can't wait for the BluRay.

I'm pretty sure I only had the 720p version but holy hell it looked amazing from start to finish.

I didn't really expect too much of a tie in to the Alien story. Some of the deleted scenes from it were really good too - I'm hyped for a DC too.

You need to watch Aliens man. Now. Its still fucking amazing.

I'm pretty sure I only had the 720p version but holy hell it looked amazing from start to finish.

I didn't really expect too much of a tie in to the Alien story. Some of the deleted scenes from it were really good too - I'm hyped for a DC too.

No I'm not saying I don't like Alien or Aliens (i rewatched both after Promotheus) just that I didn't go in expecting it to be a worthy prequel or to tie up any loose ends or anything like that.

DY_nasty

No I'm not saying I don't like Alien or Aliens (i rewatched both after Promotheus) just that I didn't go in expecting it to be a worthy prequel or to tie up any loose ends or anything like that.

I was referring to Emw with that first part. Aliens Director Cut Blu-Ray is amazing. Does so many things right its just ridiculous. Special effects trump most of today's stuff as well.

I saw Prometheus late as hell though. Not really sure what there was to hate about it.

giri

I was referring to Emw with that first part. Aliens Director Cut Blu-Ray is amazing. Does so many things right its just ridiculous. Special effects trump most of today's stuff as well.

I saw Prometheus late as hell though. Not really sure what there was to hate about it.
Yeah, i didn't get the hate.

I didn't think it was great, but it was certainly good.

It wasn't "aliens"esque at all really, but ... it wasn't meant to be?

Solid enough movie.

Prometheus was great and really bad. Even if you don't care for the Alien cannon, the movie has really bad writing, plotholes and tons of questions unaswered. The last part is partly due to there being a 2nd part in the works, but there's lots of stuff that was really inconsistent and sloppy.

That being said, I was glued to the screen the entire time. Yea some parts dumb, but it wasn't long before the movie did something awesome to help me forget about it. Having a new writer should help the sequel.

"hands off" was some epic shit though

Tons of epic moments.

Worm Arm breaker.
Melted helmet glass
Infected guy getting the Flamethrower
SquidBun in the oven
SquidBun out of the oven (there's actualy a couple awesome moments in this one alone)
David going rogue, a few times
Engineer engineering some ass whoopings
Get away from my momma
Arms in the air, rollercoaster style
contorted zombie surprise
Results of Engineer+Squid

my biggest problem with Prometheus was why the hell did they just cake old-guy makeup on Guy Pearce when they could've just cast an old guy

giri

Prometheus was great and really bad. Even if you don't care for the Alien cannon, the movie has really bad writing, plotholes and tons of questions unaswered. The last part is partly due to there being a 2nd part in the works, but there's lots of stuff that was really inconsistent and sloppy.

That being said, I was glued to the screen the entire time. Yea some parts dumb, but it wasn't long before the movie did something awesome to help me forget about it. Having a new writer should help the sequel.

See, i don't mind plot holes, as long as they're not story breaking. And they weren't. there were questions un-answered, but you sort of guessed there was a sequel. I hate it when movies waste 80% of the movie trying to cover "plot holes" and not actually doing anything interesting / getting on with the story. that makes a much much worse movie.

See, i don't mind plot holes, as long as they're not story breaking. And they weren't. there were questions un-answered, but you sort of guessed there was a sequel. I hate it when movies waste 80% of the movie trying to cover "plot holes" and not actually doing anything interesting / getting on with the story. that makes a much much worse movie.

In the official thread there's tons of "that doesn't make any sense on second thought" moments listed. Still one of the best times I had in a theater.

Since this turned into movie night on BESgaf. The Master superbly acted and directed but was a let down and Moonrise Kingdom was good.

Emwitus

Will check it out Dy. I've been putting it off for a bit but since i've got time to burn and can't sleep might as well lol.

bud23

Dwight Howard on a new contract with the lakers;
&#8216;I think the best thing to do is talk about it at the end of the year,&#8217;
&#8216;We just went through that last season, basically, and I don&#8217;t want to go through it again or see anyone have to go through it. This is going to be my decision, and I&#8217;m going to wait till the end of the year. But I&#8217;m happy to be in L.A. This is a great place. I love the coaching staff and I love the organization for everything they&#8217;ve done for me since I got traded here. Hopefully I&#8217;ll have a long career here in L.A.&#8221;

http://www.lakersnation.com/dwight-howard-not-ready-to-commit-to-lakers-yet/2012/09/21/

giri

I have a better shot at winning 40 games than either of those teams and that statement doesn't even make sense.

in the wizards defence, their starting 5 isn't terrible if wall can bring it all together.

but wall hasn't really shown that yet so who knows.

Top Bottom