• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

chizmiz

Banned
in the wizards defence, their starting 5 isn't terrible if wall can bring it all together.

but wall hasn't really shown that yet so who knows.

I actually like their bench too.

Kevin Seraphin
Travis Booker
Chris Singleton/Jan Vesely
Martell Webster
Shelvin Mack

giri

Kevin Seraphin
Travis Booker
Martell Webster
Shelvin Mack

Eh, out side of seraphin there isn't a whole lot of talent there.

And seraphin is listed as the backup 5. I know it's more likely NeNe moves there and Sera just plays as the second big. But Sera isn't exactly setting the world a light either.

Out east, they could get a play off spot.

But then, you can get into the play offs out east playing under .500 ball so......

He won't just come out and say it but it doesn't really make sense to extend with the lakers now, when he can get his fat new contract this upcoming off-season. I see him re-uping, unless something goes terribly wrong this year.

At least you've come to grips with it.

The spurs getting written off during the offseason is one of the most predictable events in basketball these days.

Because it's accurate. They are 3rd at best.

borderlands 2 on 360

i need bros

now

You did it again, wrong platform. We're 5 missions left from the last one.

4 person party for the Bnk3r took a looooooong ass time

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Thanks to Bleacher Report I'm sure this season is the last era of the Spurs as we know it. Up to 40 mil under the caps after this season..but who's going to sign with us >_>

At least you've come to grips with it.

Because it's accurate. They are 3rd at best.

You did it again, wrong platform. We're 5 missions left from the last one.

4 person party for the Bnk3r took a looooooong ass time

I wanted D12 to the Lakers to happen. That Finals series would be EPIC.

charsace

Prometheus was not made with the intent of answering questions about Aliens. Its been known since before Prometheus that the form of the Aliens is determined by the animals they gestate in. What I got from Prometheus is that the goo a soup that creates life. The Engineers found it or created it. What purpose they want to use it for who knows. Maybe they want to play god. Its obvious though that Prometheus is just a part of a whole. These things were purposely unanswered to cause discussion and will most likely be answered in the next movie(s).

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
that bench is traaaaaaash.

for real lol

Wizards will be lucky to make the playoffs. That team is utterly terrible - then they just threw shit at the wall this offseason instead of just embracing the tank like they should've and now they've fucked themselves with new stupid contracts along with dumb expectations.

fertygo

I kinda understand to what Wiz did, its wouldn't be good for Wall too (their only hope) to kept surrounded with dumbass n losing.. If they just gonna be 7th-8th seed, so be its.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I kinda understand to what Wiz did, its wouldn't be good for Wall too (their only hope) to kept surrounded with dumbass n losing.. If they just gonna be 7th-8th seed, so be its.

That kind of managing is exactly why Toronto has been garbage for a decade.

for real lol

Wizards will be lucky to make the playoffs. That team is utterly terrible - then they just threw shit at the wall this offseason instead of just embracing the tank like they should've and now they've fucked themselves with new stupid contracts along with dumb expectations.

DY's Wall hate is getting more subtle.

giri

for real lol

Eh, it's not a team that i would've built if this were a fantasy draft. But it's the best team they've had in years. And just getting rid of blatche/McGee could be really good for wall.

Ehh, it's pretty doubtful that Wall will ever be as good as Bosh was in his prime.

Being a 7th or 8th seed that is functional isn't that bad though.

Pretty much this, Wall hasn't shown anyone that he's going to be as good as Bosh.

charsace

Kevin Seraphin
Travis Booker
Martell Webster
Shelvin Mack

Booker is an undersized 4, Singleton and Vessely do nothing on offense, who knows what they will get from Webster and Mack is an end of the bench guy.

24 of the 29 teams in the NBA (not counting the Heat in this since they can't play themselves) are starting guys at center that are much better defensively than the guys starting at PF. It's a pretty quick position now that's mostly focused on defense whereas the guys starting at PF are mostly bums defensively.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Bosh is gonna be a problem this year at center. I can't really don't see many centers being able to guard him.

I agree he will be hard to guard but he could be a liability at the 5 going forward. It depends on if the NBA adopted the FIBA rules about rebounding around the rim yet? Cause I could see it getting real rough rebound wise for Bosh when you got to go up and get the rebound against those bigger centers. idk if the NBA did that though so if not then he will be ok at the 5.

24 of the 29 teams in the NBA (not counting the Heat in this since they can't play themselves) are starting guys at center that are much better defensively than the guys starting at PF. It's a pretty quick position now that's mostly focused on defense whereas the guys starting at PF are mostly bums defensively.

I can see Bosh getting pushed around and outrebounded pretty consistently. He had streaks of that at PF, I don't think adding 10 pounds is gonna do much. Being heavier might even hurt his offensive game.

I can see Bosh getting pushed around and outrebounded pretty consistently. He had streaks of that at PF, I don't think adding 10 pounds is gonna do much. Being heavier might even hurt his offensive game.

Ehh, I don't know. There's like six players with the size to punish Bosh in the NBA right now (Dwight, Bynum, Al, Marc, Pek, Hibbert), two of those guys are can doubled easily (Bynum and Pek), one isn't really an offensive force (Hibbert), and one is pretty finesse (Al). Bosh will mostly be going up against guys like LMA and Duncan this year, I don't think he'll be any better or worse.

Ehh, I don't know. There's like six players with the size to punish Bosh in the NBA right now (Dwight, Bynum, Al, Marc, Pek, Hibbert), two of those guys are can doubled easily (Bynum and Pek), one isn't really an offensive force (Hibbert), and one is pretty finesse (Al). Bosh will mostly be going up against guys like LMA and Duncan this year, I don't think he'll be any better or worse.

We'll see. Will be interesting nonetheless.

I can't think of one center who could guard him around the perimeter. 9.5 out of 10 centers look utterly lost and helpless guarding perimeter players and bosh is probably the best in the league out there.

The last time he bulked he had the best season of his career.

24 & 10.8

Im not expecting much at all defensively from him, but offensively he will eat.

I can't think of one center who could guard him around the perimeter. 9.5 out of 10 centers look utterly lost and helpless guarding perimeter players and bosh is probably the best in the league out there.

LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah, and Anthony Davis should be pretty able to keep up with Bosh. Bosh may be playing slower players this year, but he's going to be playing against much smarter players.

giri

Does bosh playing C really matter? they're basically just playing small ball from the whistle.

All the advantages and dis-advantages that obviously carriers are theirs full time now.

Bosh isn't a 5, and won't ever really be.

LaMarcus Aldridge, Kevin Garnett, Tyson Chandler, Joakim Noah, and Anthony Davis should be pretty able to keep up with Bosh. Bosh may be playing slower players this year, but he's going to be playing against much smarter players.

LA, outside of one game, Bosh has never struggled against him. Its not like we will play POR any sort of meaningful game anyway.

KG is legit.

Tyson, no lol.

Bosh generally toasts the Bulls, who throw pretty much everybody they have to you at times.

Davis, the jury is out.

I think what you also have to realize that Bron will most likely start at the 4. Its part of this whole "positionless" basketball thing Spo is preaching for next year.

Wade
Ray
Battier
Lebron
Bosh

is absolutely deadly on offense while still capable on defense.

giri

I'm at an event for the Wii U.

So many fucking stereotypes walking around. There should be a deorderant booth.

It really disgusts me that this is still a thing.

In an industry that is trying to say its grown up, so many of the "grown ups" have the personal hygiene habits of 5 year olds.

And yet, i know for a fact, its still a thing.

Top Bottom