• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

shira

wow, Bosh still gets absolutely no respect.

I would like to know in what universe is Amar'e better considering at no point in their careers was he better than Bosh.

Animated-FireExtinguisherPuttingOutFlame.gif

Omega

Banned
Prime Amare was a beast, but injury kept that from lasting long.

Prime Amar'e had 2x MVP Steve Nash making him look good.

I'm pretty sure you've said that yourself considering you never pass on an opportunity to talk bad about the Knicks or their players. When Knicks-age defends him everyone always loves to bring it up, now all of a sudden he was beast by himself?

He wasn't better last season, but he wasn't better than Bosh at any point?

No.

Not even close. Bosh can score in multiple ways, is a better rebounder (not saying much since they're both awful) and a better defender. Amar'e needs a PG. Without one he's nothing more than just a decoration on the court.

Just because Amar'e had good teammates and a system that inflated stats doesn't mean he was better than Bosh.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
I think the better question is which starting PFs in the league aren't actually better than Amare.

whitepeoplewut.gif

man just look at the entire rockets roster for your answer. Amare is still a Good PF in a league with a lot of small centers at the position. At best there are 10 who are arguably straight better than him and 2 of those have age working against them.

with that said right now its bosh without a question but they're have been season when Amare did his thing stat inflated teams or not. Sometimes the rating thing is taken too seriously. We all know 2k has players in their games who play better than their rating # also that 83 might be based on how they think Bosh is going to play at center not PF.

Anyhow I really don't want this to turn into 2 pages of no one arguing Amare is better but people saying so and so is talking smack as if someone did to add fuel to the fire.

All things considered, I think Bosh at his peak is on par or better than Prime Amare. Bosh is a 2nd or 3rd option these days but he can score with alot more variety than Amare ever could. Better defender and I consider him a smarter player.

charsace

Amare had a beastly series against the Spurs, which played directly into the Spurs gameplan, but it was beastly nonetheless.

lol. Duncan couldn't stop him that's why they used that game plan.

Amare is still good at the 3 or 4. His down year last season was still better or nearly as good as guys that had career years.

And lol at Bosh scoring on more variety. Both guys are face up slashing 4's.

Amare is still good at the 3 or 4. His down year last season was still better or nearly as good as guys that had career years.

Yeah, he does. I don't know what about the fact that they like to face up changes that.

Prime Amar'e had 2x MVP Steve Nash making him look good.

I'm pretty sure you've said that yourself considering you never pass on an opportunity to talk bad about the Knicks or their players. When Knicks-age defends him everyone always loves to bring it up, now all of a sudden he was beast by himself?

No.

Not even close. Bosh can score in multiple ways, is a better rebounder (not saying much since they're both awful) and a better defender. Amar'e needs a PG. Without one he's nothing more than just a decoration on the court.

Just because Amar'e had good teammates and a system that inflated stats doesn't mean he was better than Bosh.

Of course he benefited from having Nash set him up, most every player would but he was still damn good. He never played great D but only a fool would think prime Amare wasn't nice. The biggest problem was his prime years were riddled with injuries. If he could stay on the court he could possibly still be in Phoenix.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Dave McMenamin
‏@mcten
The Lakers just announced that Steve Blake is out 3 weeks after stepping on a spike strip in a parking lot with his left foot.

metaphor for the lakers season this year!

Raja Bell is rated higher than G-TIME.

what. the. fuck.

I heard ratings are for how good one is at their specialized position (pass first pg, athletic slasher, defensive big). So maybe Bell is better at being a turd than Gordon is at being a white, wholesome christmas claymation looking motherfucker.

diehard

Fleer
I heard ratings are for how good one is at their specialized position (pass first pg, athletic slasher, defensive big). So maybe Bell is better at being a turd than Gordon is at being a white, wholesome christmas claymation looking motherfucker.

Um sorry but Bell is like the 3rd or 4th best Turd in the league.

G-TIME is #1 at those listed things.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

you have an obsession with playing people out of position..

Top Bottom