• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

pilonv1

you can crank a guy's shooting stats way, way up and it wont effect his overall rating the way offensive/defensive awareness does. Dirk and Steph Currys shooting stats will be through the roof.

Which is hilarious because for users only the shooting stats matter, awareness means nothing. I was in a league with some guy who would hit 70% of his threes with Rasaul Butler because he knew the release and hotspots.

DominoKid

John Wall can't touch Rose and Westbrook. Rose dunk package and crossover setting is crazy and Shotcrook stepback dribble and dunk package are deadly.

for some reason i cant run w/ Rose.
Westbrook is fun.

my favorite PG is CP3 though. steal cheese and automatic from 3 point.

pilonv1

http://youtu.be/IvIMBw-H2rQ

2k13 controls trailer.

With incorrect controls

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/580339-nba-2k13-controls-trailer.html

just fyi... some of the controls are incorrect in this trailer:

Bounce Pass = LT+A
Behind the Back = RS away from hoop

As for shots, the trailer just shows how to execute some of the new shots with the face buttons. Shot Stick controls are completely different. For example:

Hop Step Layup = LT+Double Tap RS left or right
Euro Step Layup = LT+Throw RS one way then back the other

edit: here's some caps I stole from OS

q0x5i.jpg

ovGdW.jpg

lol you always hate Amare.

You have a real hardon for Amare. Did he knock up one of your female family members?

Knicks-age always extra sensitive. Didn't I give Amare his due for being a beast at his peak a page or so ago? And I'm trying to say Chandler should be higher than 77 if Amare is 87.

Yea, Chandler has almost no offensive game, but Amare has almost no defensive game and had a pretty rough year offensively last year. If you get rated for the specific type of player you are, as a offensive PF Amare should be lower and as a defensive big Tyson should be higher.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
NFL replacement refs are the same as the regular refs.

People just use them as a scapegoat.

Replay officials are regular officials.

Knicks-age always extra sensitive. Didn't I give Amare his due for being a beast at his peak a page or so ago? And I'm trying to say Chandler should be higher than 77 if Amare is 87.

Yea, Chandler has almost no offensive game, but Amare has almost no defensive game and had a pretty rough year offensively last year. If you get rated for the specific type of player you are, as a offensive PF Amare should be lower and as a defensive big Tyson should be higher.

huh? i am not sensitive at all. just sayin.

2K rates players who score a lot, have a lot of highlights, play on TV a lot, and have a good reputation very highly. Defensive players won't get rated highly unless they're guys like current Duncan who has been one of greatest ever previously in his career.

DominoKid

2K rates players who score a lot, have a lot of highlights, play on TV a lot, and have a good reputation very highly. Defensive players won't get rated highly unless they're guys like current Duncan who has been one of greatest ever previously in his career.

rudy gay is unreasonably good in 2k.
a lot of players are, but he stands out to me.

danny granger is too. i hate playing against him.

Pimpwerx

NFL replacement refs are the same as the regular refs.

People just use them as a scapegoat.

Replay officials are regular officials.

No they're not. These are D3 refs AFAIK. If you've ever watched college football, you'd realize just how much more inconsistent and bad they are than NFL refs. Thank god the NBA refs don't get locked out. PEACE.

I really don't get why people like Rudy Gay, he's unskilled and dumb and scores in pretty low volume for the minutes he plays and his efficiency is extremely bad. The Grizzlies were really bad offensively last year as well.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I really don't get why people like Rudy Gay, he's unskilled and dumb and scores in pretty low volume for the minutes he plays and his efficiency is extremely bad. The Grizzlies were really bad offensively last year as well.

eh?.. The dude scores fairly and at a high % for a SF... doesn't take a lot of bad shots and rebounds fairly well the position..

as 3rd option I would be happy to have Gay..

giri

Plays D, good shooter, scores well, highly skilled, really athletic.

There's a few reasons.

The Grizzlies had a sub par season last year, thats for sure, but they were still a tough team. Losing Z-Bo hurt them a lot.

Actually, didn't they lose a bunch of people for a big chunk of time? like only Marc was healthy for the whole season?

Just looking at it, his numbers last year were his worst in a while. Coming back from injury can be like that though.

eh?.. The dude scores fairly and at a high % for a SF... doesn't take a lot of bad shots and rebounds fairly well the position..

as 3rd option I would be happy to have Gay..

I'd be happy to have him as a second option.

But looking at the grizz roster... man with out mayo their bench looks so ... mediocre.

giri

I must've missed a trade or something while on holidays.

The mavs got Collison AND Mayo?

Thats really really REALLY interesting. Will be fun to see how that comes together.

Sigh.

Just looked at the suns roster. We have Wesley Johnson. Starting.

Sigh.

Oh no 2K changed the lay up controls :(

Also I enjoyed Rudy Gay in online association, when KD, Lebron and Melo went I'd grab Rudy.

I always found Beasley would work for me too.

Gay's an above average starter because he defends and can score, but I just don't see him as close to a star player. It doesn't seem like he can create efficient shots in the half-court (his possessions usually seem to end in fairly well contested jumpers) and his decision making is bad and his defense isn't good enough to bring him to the level of nearly elite.

Blackace

Gay's an above average starter because he defends and can score, but I just don't see him as close to a star player. It doesn't seem like he can create efficient shots in the half-court (his possessions usually seem to end in fairly well contested jumpers) and his decision making is bad and his defense isn't good enough to bring him to the level of nearly elite.

To me he is like between a prime Josh Howard and slightly declining version of PP

Omega

Banned

danny granger is absolutely ridiculous in 2K. i don't think I've ever lost with the Pacers because of him and they've been my main team since 2K8.

also, Rashard Lewis was beyond broken in 2K4/ESPN Basketball-2K6. I scored at least 50 every game with him, Ray was just there for backup if somehow the other player was able to keep up

bums are always the best players in 2K

charsace

2k12 Warriors with Monta are insanely good because of how focused 2k is on offense and the tendencies of the players on the Warriors.

Gay-Mayo in 2k could kill too. Brandon Jennings and Roddy Beaubois are two guys that are much better than their overalls. Ty Lawson and Gallo too.

DominoKid

2k12 Warriors with Monta are insanely good because of how focused 2k is on offense and the tendencies of the players on the Warriors.

Gay-Mayo in 2k could kill too. Brandon Jennings and Roddy Beaubois are two guys that are much better than their overalls. Ty Lawson and Gallo too.

Gallo is my favorite player in the game. Tyreke is fun to run at point too.
They're the stars of my franchise (Nuggets).

the nfl's officiating problems must be an absolute nightmare for the betting man, cause the refs are impacting the point spread. But yeah, last night would have been humiliating for the NFL, they'll probably settle with the refs in time for week 4.

chizmiz

Banned

I truly believe you are wrong every single freaking time you voice a personal option. You are like the replacement ref of nba-age.

I truly believe you are wrong every single freaking time you voice a personal option. You are like the replacement ref of nba-age.

I'm not arguing that he's bad, but he's viewed as a star player and I don't get why. He's had one playoff appearance in his six seasons (he was bad in that), he's a good but not great scorer, good but not great defender, bad passer, frequently disappears. Last year was his most successful season and he wasn't close to the best player on a team that lost in the first-round and they lost in part because Gay just couldn't get good shots (against guys like Nick Young) and kept forcing the issue

Blackace

I'm not arguing that he's bad, but he's viewed as a star player and I don't get why. He's had one playoff appearance in his six seasons (he was bad in that), he's a good but not great scorer, good but not great defender, bad passer, frequently disappears. Last year was his most successful season and he wasn't close to the best player on a team that lost in the first-round and they lost in part because Gay just couldn't get good shots (against guys like Nick Young) and kept forcing the issue

a good scorer and a good defender at the 3 is rarity in today's NBA

I don't really disagree with anything you said, but Gay being labeled a 'star' player isn't something that bothers me much at all. He's a good 3, MEM's problem is they need a great player but have 4/5 good ones.

Top Bottom