• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Offseason |OT3| The Barclays Center is covered in rust

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Are you going to be saying

Guys,

Derrick Williams

Next year?

I'm not even going to say ether because that guy was a fucking beast at AZ and I'm rooting for him.

I hope not! I know the coaches were happy with the shape he came back in (and the weight he dropped, too; down to 230).

But the Kirilenko signing doesn't seem like it would bode well for him.

Why shouldn't he? Ray looks like a bitch for what he did imo. You got a ring with these boys, you got paid, they wanted to keep paying you, they showed they can still compete at a high level, got high draft picks, and yet you runnin over to the enemy.

Props to KG.

What...they traded him to memphis only to have memphis get cold feet at the last second. Boston only wants to re-sign him for the contract so they can use him as trade bait again. Ray would be a fool if he had stayed in Boston.

Favors was pretty awesome in the second half of the year. Was close to Tyson Chandler-esque sometimes despite only being 20. I don't think those other guys are in his tier.

Wall, Monroe, Cousins....jury is still out on Favors, Hayward, Fields, Booker, Seraphin , Paul George, Ed Davis...Looks like just the sixers missed out bro :(

well..this year Iggy and Lou aren't there to hold Turner back..

yeah..

Doug has to work extra hard now. Gotta call Larry for more soul crushing tips. If Bynum and Afro swag don't kill him first.

but honestly not matter who we took, it would have turn out pooryl. Cousins and Doug? lawl. Somebody would be dead. Same with Wall but with less fucks given so his ass would have been traded by now.

Getting that second pick sucks now. we could have been at 6 or so an took G-Tyme or Monroe and be better off.....

bu-but POTY yo. Can't teach that, right? I'm just glad that morons can't use the Iggy is holding him back from greatness bullshit anymore nor the "oh but he's a slow starter...it takes him 3 years not to suck" excuse.

Can't wait for this season to start. Gonna be a great year or a giant clusterfuck trainwreck. aw yeah.

Misterhbk

I agree that KG is butthurt but mid-20s form for ray-ray? I have to see it to believe it.

Mid twentys form is just Spo spouting bullshit. This isn't to say that Ray is t in good shape but let's be real here people. Ray and Wade are almost guaranteed to be among the league leaders in games missed. Two guys who stay hurt all the damn time.

Why shouldn't he? Ray looks like a bitch for what he did imo. You got a ring with these boys, you got paid, they wanted to keep paying you, they showed they can still compete at a high level, got high draft picks, and yet you runnin over to the enemy.

Props to KG.

Let the games begin then.

220px-T-72_Ajeya1.jpg

Oh give me a fucking break. You gone act like they didn't dangle ray every fucking chance they got? Fuck a KG.

http://instagram.com/p/QIEQL8NS-o/

Look at 80% of the lineup that's gonna close the window on your team's championship hopes. Now just picture Rio, Shard or Battier flanking that group. Damn...it's gonna be like using cheat codes this season. PEACE.
And they say we supposed to be scared of Dwight Howard. Or steve nash.
You see this shit? Please.

Mid twentys form is just Spo spouting bullshit. This isn't to say that Ray is t in good shape but let's be real here people. Ray and Wade are almost guaranteed to be among the league leaders in games missed. Two guys who stay hurt all the damn time.

Ray had one of the best shooting years of his career last year. A HoF shooting career. A GOAT shooting career. Ray looking great after he's had a whole summer to recover is hardly the most unbelievable news.

Edit: Lebron is fucking huge.

Bynum suffers an injury but comes back completely healthy for the rest of his career, in the meantime you get the #1 overall.

Believe.

and take the wrong guy.....again.

Iverson was probably our best high draft pick in a loooong time. With Turner we are just lucky no one from that class is tearing shit up.

SUPREME1

Banned

If the Heat want to repeat, they'll limit Wade and Ray's minutes until after the All-Star break.

Let LeBron and Bosh carry the team. They have a legit bench who they can use extensively. It's not like reg season standings matter on the east anyway.

They'll be in the finals this year, guaranteed. Health* would be the only thing that stops them from chipping again.

*both theirs and the Lakers'.

The M.O.B

So herpes is considered an injury now?

LS come back

Raja bell not invited to Jazz camp.
Utah Jazz general manager Dennis Lindsey issued the following statement today regarding guard Raja Bell:

“I have spoken with Raja and his representative, Herb Rudoy, and we have mutually agreed that although Raja remains under contract, it is in the best interest of all parties that he not re-join the team next week when the Jazz begins training camp. We will now move forward focusing on Jazz basketball and our preparation for the upcoming season. We will have no further comment on this matter.”

Pimpwerx

If the Heat want to repeat, they'll limit Wade and Ray's minutes until after the All-Star break.

Let LeBron and Bosh carry the team. They have a legit bench who they can use extensively. It's not like reg season standings matter on the east anyway.

They'll be in the finals this year, guaranteed. Health* would be the only thing that stops them from chipping again.

*both theirs and the Lakers'.

nowihaveamachinegundieh.jpg

Omega

Banned
can't believe the knicks actually signed rasheed wallace. and with john wall being injured which fucks up my fantasy team..this day sucks

lol@ anyone thinking its KG's obligation to be text buddies with a member of their number one conference rival. it aint about Ray Ray, its about the Czs holding a grudge against the Heat.

KingGondo

Banned
Daryl Morey said:
Being an extremely crappy team is definitely a well worn path to success in the NBA. Each year, the NBA hands the most valuable asset in the game (a scale wage top 5 pick) and hands it to the most mismanaged teams.

We could go with this approach (in fact the Rockets invented it long ago) but we think our approach can succeed as well and can succeed faster even though it is more difficult.
Any year now, Daryl.

Nuklear

Banned
oh my

Scola gonna be broke

The NBA should be encouraging the refs to call it during the games too like they should be doing already. It should be a Technical foul(which I believe it is already) and should be reviewable during the game in between periods. Flopping Technicals should stick with you and if you earn enough you should get a suspension. Sort of like how yellow cards stick with a player in soccer. If you get two yellow cards over two games your gone the next game(it's something to that effect). This is really the only way to clean it up.

Money will not deter any player because I doubt they fine them more than 5k. I expect it to be something retarded like $250-$1000.

I do give kudos to the NBA for actually trying to do more about it though. Hopefully the other leagues follow suit and get more harsh on it(I'm talking to you NHL).

Top Bottom