• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekad

Banned

Meanwhile in Miami:

545285572.gif

don't forget to shank a couple of starters for me Lakers. thx!

If Ron hits 4 consecutive 3 point shots in a row look for someone to get a toothbrush shank in the tummy. Ron has got anger-management down but unfortunately he doesn't have any joy-management yet.

diehard

Fleer
Wait what?

Educate me please.

They figured out they could put the "IMAX" name on a slightly larger movie screen and get people to pay extra. It's just 2x essentially 1080p projectors overlapped to be brighter. Dark Knight actually had some footage shot in 75mm true IMAX, you will only see that on a real IMAX screen, the ones that are like .. 6 stories high.

here's a map to find a real one
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...5.069767,-80.823412&spn=0.056761,0.11158&z=14

I read he has total creative freedom in this movie.

Believe.

Watching the Dark Knight on my 1080p plasma only makes that fact hurt even more. If it looks that good.. it must have been glorious in IMAX. :(

I will not make that mistake again...

I saw it at this HUUUUUGE IMAX screen in Houston, Stadium 22 Cinemas. Crowd full of serious fans who love the film.

Shit was legendary.

Gigglepoo

Not sure if Jordan would have been effective guarding someone like Westbrook late in his career. Kobe just isn't quick enough to keep up anymore.

They figured out they could put the "IMAX" name on a slightly larger movie screen and get people to pay extra. It's just 2x essentially 1080p projectors overlapped to be brighter. Dark Knight actually had some footage shot in 75mm true IMAX, you will only see that on a real IMAX screen, the ones that are like .. 6 stories high.

here's a map to find a real one
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=e...5.069767,-80.823412&spn=0.056761,0.11158&z=14

http://www.entertainmentgeekly.com/2011/01/01/proper-full-imax-theaters/

I didn't know about it at the time. Thankfullly, I lucked out and went to a real one, anyway.

Sanjuro

I was living in New York at the time Dark Knight came out. I remember following the viral campaign and seeing the film with a random stranger a week or so before the film came out.

Also, the Celtics won the championship. New Yorkers embraced me, gave me free breakfast and drinks. Classy bunch in NY.

I was living in New York at the time Dark Knight came out. I remember following the viral campaign and seeing the film with a random stranger a week or so before the film came out.

Also, the Celtics won the championship. New Yorkers embraced me, gave me free breakfast and drinks. Classy bunch in NY.

Awe Sanjuro I didn't know you didn't have any friends :( Ill go see a movie with you.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH

Can someone explain the significance behind this picture, what point Ninja Scooter was trying to make, why so many posters are quoting it, and who the individuals in the picture are?

Yeah dude, I haven't seen a movie in true IMAX except at Universal CityWalk.

Most of the ones that claim to be IMAX are LieMax.

That's where I saw TDK. Only other one i know of is Promenade other than the Science Theater for its science stuff. Remember that as a little kid.

I wish Arclight would get them. Nice being able to save your specific seats days in advance.

thekad

Banned
Can someone explain the significance behind this picture, what point Ninja Scooter was trying to make, why so many posters are quoting it, and who the individuals in the picture are?

The ugly ass kid in the truck is Anthony Davis, the next great big man and future #1 pick in this summer's draft. He has a Hornets hat on.

Anthony Davis is going to be the #1 pick in the NBA Draft.
The team that gets the #1 pick is decided by a lottery drawing which people frequently say is fixed (it's probably not, but whatever)
The NBA recently owned the Hornets so there is conspiracy speculation that they will get the #1 pick due to fixing
Anthony Davis is wearing a Hornets hat in the picture.

<high five>

Me too!

Last movie I saw in LA was opening night 'The Avengers' @ the Arclight in Sherman Oaks.

Reserved seating FTMFW.

Love it sooooo much.

Yup! Plus no commercials and no coming to the movies late. Need more places like this.

Universal City on a Friday Night opening isn't worth the effort to get not shitty seats.

I've been gone way too long. Arclight in Sherman Oaks? Where at?

Sherman Oaks Galleria. The Tower Records is gone too, lol. The owners of the theaters got sick of too many teenagers so they changed the entire place. There's 21+ only showings, reserved seating, no commercials, etc.

OMG @ Westbrook's shirt. lmao. Are those the bait thingies from zelda?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom