• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingKong

Watched the games at a sixer's fan's house last night and all I have to say is that when Kobe plays in that balance of scorer/distributer the Lakers are so much better it's not even funny. Was really impressive, his best game of the series imo.

only because Denver kept double teaming him hard (like Kobe told Steve Kerr "the way they're double teaming, you could still play").

kind of a dumb move by George Karl, why not double team when he makes the move and then do it earlier if he gets hot, it just left Blake or whoever wide open and then he could pass to Bynum or Gasol

Watched the games at a sixer's fan's house last night and all I have to say is that when Kobe plays in that balance of scorer/distributer the Lakers are so much better it's not even funny. Was really impressive, his best game of the series imo.
Theyre only better when Blake actually is a threat from the outside and Bynum and Gasol are giving a shit. That doesnt happen consistently so Kobe has to go into Kome mode. You saw the game. Kobe doesnt have a problem being a facilitator and passing out of the double but if his teammates arent hittin the shots its on him to score.

Cloudy

Banned
Watched the games at a sixer's fan's house last night and all I have to say is that when Kobe plays in that balance of scorer/distributer the Lakers are so much better it's not even funny. Was really impressive, his best game of the series imo

So you mean when the role players make open 3s the Lakers are better? Duh

He was only able to keep passing cos Blake and Ron were making 3s

KingKong

I mean even I know that Kobe will almost always pass out of hard double teams, especially after being so tired from being sick + playing hard defense

linsivvi

Can someone buy me a sports channel subscription so I can watch NBA here in the Netherlands? Thanks guys <3

http://www.nba.tv/nbatv/

Embrace it.

I mean even I know that Kobe will almost always pass out of hard double teams, especially after being so tired from being sick + playing hard defense

Because it's conventional wisdom to let the role players beat you rather than the star players, especially ones as poor as Steve Blake. He's been missing open 3s all season long and he just happened to have a career game. The Nuggets had a 4 point lead in the 4th quarter so I say the strategy was working.

linsivvi

Fuck it, I think I gonna stay up to 3AM watching Clips vs. Grizz.

Yep. I'll be drinking this.

2008Glenmorangie2.jpg

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Lakers think they're okay because Steve Blake had the game of his life? smh

linsivvi

Huh? Who said that? Most Lakers fans know we're not winning the Thunders series.

He's trolling. Though I do see some people pointing finger at George Karl for the loss.

The Nuggets didn't make that run without doubling Kobe, during which he had 0 shot attempt, 1 turnover and 1 made FT.

Gigglepoo

Considering both of them are comin from LA and they have both been traveling the same amount I doubt it matters.

The Grizzlies are from the Eastern Time Zone. Big difference. There's a reason it was a big story last season when the Niners won 5 early games on the East coast - no Western team had done it before. This is a huge disadvantage for the Clippers and completely unneccessary.

The Grizzlies are from the Eastern Time Zone. Big difference. There's a reason it was a big story last season when the Niners won 5 early games on the East coast - no Western team had done it before. This is a huge disadvantage for the Clippers and completely unneccessary.
Huge is a bit of an overstatement.

"If the Lakers can play at the level that they did last night, they can beat OKC!"

wtf are these guys talking about.

He said it would be a close series.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Is Prime Ticket broadcasting this game. I'd stab your mother to hear Lawler over ESPN's goons.

filler

Banned
I quit drinking, but I still got a bottle of Ruination in my fridge. I feel like Pookie in New Jack right now.

Is Van Gundy calling this game?

i don't care who wins this game but memphis is clearly the better of these two teams. this series should already be over with memphis winning it but if you don't close out games well you end up in a game 7 with an inferior opponent

i predict a grizzlies win in game 7 doe

aznpxdd

Really? How are you liking it there? I may be teaching a Chinese university in Wuhan soon.

I actually went to Wuhan just last month . Not as good as I thought it'd be since its the capital of Hubei providence. If you've never been to China, be ready for a lot of culture shock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom