• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamek

Queensbridge baby, you already know!

QB drop you offa that bridge, show you how we do it in Queens

My favorite part of the lakers game was artest.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Still in "Not giving a fuck" mode until we take a game in OKC. But I will say this, Pau and Blake deserve major, major props tonight. Pau Gasol reclaimed his balls in a big way. I applaud his performance.

This game just proved another sad truth really. If this team had consistent knock down shooters we'd be legit contenders again. No doubt about it. But our inconsistency from deep is what bogs this team down more than anything else in my opinion. No team in this league is scared to double and/or even fucking triple team us.

I hope Mitch realizes that is a main priority this off-season. We got the bigs. We got the franchise player. We got the PG. Now we need some god damn shooters.
And a better coach

T Dollarz

Still in "Not giving a fuck" mode until we take a game in OKC. But I will say this, Pau and Blake deserve major, major props tonight. Pau Gasol reclaimed his balls in a big way. I applaud his performance.

This game just proved another sad truth really. If this team had consistent knock down shooters we'd be legit contenders again. No doubt about it. But our inconsistency from deep is what bogs this team down more than anything else in my opinion. No team in this league is scared to double and/or even fucking triple team us.

I hope Mitch realizes that is a main priority this off-season. We got the bigs. We got the franchise player. We got the PG. Now we need some god damn shooters.
And a better coach

This 100%

Cloudy

Banned
I hope Mitch realizes that is a main priority this off-season. We got the bigs. We got the franchise player. We got the PG. Now we need some god damn shooters. And a better coach

We had the same issue last year and all he got was Kapono. Absurd..

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
bolo-yeung.jpg

You're next, Lakers.
Hmm.. Movie didn't end so well for that guy...

A man can dream right?

And a better coach

Ain't a lot of shooters to go around. I feel we need at least 2. Blake ain't gonna work, Sessions can, but bench needs to have 2 dead-eye shooters.

Vandiger

Ain't a lot of shooters to go around. I feel we need at least 2. Blake ain't gonna work, Sessions can, but bench needs to have 2 dead-eye shooters.

We have Glock but coach clown has effectively buried him in favor of inconsistent Blake. He is undersized but his shooting range is awesome.

Lakers stand a chance against OKC because Brooks is just as incompetent as Brown. They both give cliche motivational pep talks and draw stick figures on white boards during games.

Cloudy

Banned

Blake is a better long-range shooter than Sessions and we have Goudelock who we don't use. The bench can barely score yet he doesn't play WTF

Cloudy

Banned
I was so wrong about Metta. I've been saying all year that he needs to come off the bench cos he can't shoot lol

Well, Barnes can't shoot either but he's also hesitant to shoot when he's wide open (screwing up the offense) and doesn't bring half the toughness even though the energy's the same

TheTowel

And a better coach

True, but whenever the Lakers bring in a sniper they decline. Reasons for this are the general offenses we've run. Triangle and inside out work but leave the shooters with infrequent shots and their shooting declines. My 2 cents on that.

The big problem for the Lakers is that I think they only have a slim chance of winning a game in OKC, but I could easily see OKC stealing one in LA.

Cloudy

Banned
True, but whenever the Lakers bring in a sniper they decline. Reasons for this are the general offenses we've run. Triangle and inside out work but leave the shooters with infrequent shots and their shooting declines. My 2 cents on that.

I dunno about that. Sasha, Vlad and even Brian Cook and Jumaine Jones before them were pretty good. And of course you had Fisher before he got super-old. Blake has not had a real opportunity to play minutes with the starters till this year and was shooting well till he got hurt.

We've been bringing in washed up shooters and/or playing them mainly with the reserves (cos no one had the balls to bench Fisher) the last few years. That's been the problem.

Shadow780

I dunno about that. Sasha, Vlad and even Brian Cook and Jumaine Jones before them were pretty good. And of course you had Fisher before he got super-old. Blake has not had a real opportunity to play minutes with the starters till this year and was shooting well till he got hurt.

We've been bringing in washed up shooters and/or playing them mainly with the reserves (cos no one had the balls to bench Fisher) the last few years. That's been the problem.

WTF?

I give you Sasha for game 7 FTs, but the rest, WTF?!

exarkun

And a better coach

shitty fan. Unless you are saying that about the team, which wouldnt be true by tonights performance. But its a laker fan so I guess you have high expectations than us peasants. I actually hope you guys lose the whole series if you're going to be so hesitant/petulant.

Both games tonight were great, alot of intensity from individual players. Denver wanted that win badly, coulda had it, but MWP gave the shooters their balls back and Pau gave some heft inside.

KG handled business, but I think we're in for a long series since the 76er's clearly won't just "go away". Exciteeeeed.

demigod

Damn, went to the gym and only saw the last 5 minutes. Well I was close about lakers winning by 10. Blake might suck on D but he's a decent shooter and can hit 3s. Sessions just flat out fucking suck.

Lakers are going to get killed by Thunder if Brown decides to play Sessions+Blake at the same time when resting their starters. At least put some fuckers in who can defend and just milk the clock.

linsivvi

Blake only works if you have bigs who can defend consistently and stop the opposing guards from having a field day in the lane. And even then, he should never play more than 15 minutes a game.

Artest can check Durant and Kobe can check Westbrook, the problem is Harden.

I think their outside shooting is going to be the bigger problem. They'll dial in Westbrook and Durant and players like Sefolosha, Harden, and Cook will kill them on threes. Another concern is Bynum and Gasol getting into foul trouble because OKC's players get to the rim at will.

linsivvi

So you'd rather play Sessions for 20mins and score only 4 points?

And Steve Blake had 2 games of 3 points and 1 game of 0 point in this series. Zero. Zip. Nil. In 26 minutes. So what is your point? Sessions is at best mediocre on defense, but Steve Blake gets totally abused. Sessions can run plays for the bigs, Blake can't. For every point Blake scored he gave up 2.

It's also Mike Brown's fault for not developing the rookies enough during the regular season.

Shadow780

I think their outside shooting is going to be the bigger problem. They'll dial in Westbrook and Durant and players like Sefolosha, Harden, and Cook will kill them on threes. Another concern is Bynum and Gasol getting into foul trouble because OKC's players get to the rim at will.

The main thing is Harden's the best offense runner on that team, if they can't stop Harden they don't have a chance.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
I want Matt on Harden if Artest and Kobe have Westbrook and Durant. Which means Artest will have to play some PF if all three are on the floor. I don't have a problem with that at all really.

I do not want to see Steve Blake guarding Harden at any time... fucking ever. Ever.

This series lives and dies by Harden in my opinion. The dagger game that will decide if we even stood a chance in this series is the one where Harden doesn't produce and we STILL manage to lose. If it wasn't clear before it will be after that. We never really had a sliver of a chance...

linsivvi

wow the Lakers got a B2B Friday then Saturday?

wtf

The Kings got a game on Thursday and Sunday. Then they'll have to reserve some slots for the Clippers if they advance.

Also, that's what happens when you let a series go 7 games with a lockout schedule. You'll have to play a B2B to catch up.

Also, that's what happens when you let a series go 7 games with a lockout schedule. You'll have to play a B2B to catch up.

Don't pity us after the shit we pulled in game 5.

We fucking deserve it.

Yeah, I guess, since you guys knew what was at stake. But I still don't get why the playoffs, the most important of the year, has to also take some kind of sacrifice.
I mean...it's not supposed to be easy in any way shape or form, playoffs ideally have every damn series going 7 games, so I don't know why there wasn't a workaround to avoid B2B but oh well.

And a better coach

Couldnt disagree more. You know when Gasol and Bynum get props? When they show up consistently and not jist in a game 7. Im not giving them props for one game. No. We don't have the bigs. We have two 7fters that dont play consistent dominating ball in a league where tere are hardly any quality big men.

We need spot up shooters and there aren't any available. We will have to do with the same group we have now.

Lakers need to blow it up. Gasol is done and Bynum refuses to become a man. These two facts aren't going to change next year. I for one don't want to just get excited for a semifinal appaearance. Lakers are postponing the inevitable.

They either need to go hard for D12 in the off season and package Bynum with somone else or blow it all up. Lakers are going to have to decide if they want to pay Bynum 85 mil soon and by God if they do this franchise will not win another ring for years.

jjasper

Its what happens when you allow way too much time between games in the first round and have to rush to get the other rounds in.

Why have game 1 and 2 in Grizz/Clips on a Sunday and Wednesday? That is way too much time should have been Sunday and Tuesday.

linsivvi

Yeah, I guess, since you guys knew what was at stake. But I still don't get why the playoffs, the most important of the year, has to also take some kind of sacrifice.
I mean...it's not supposed to be easy in any way shape or form, playoffs ideally have every damn series going 7 games, so I don't know why there wasn't a workaround to avoid B2B but oh well.

Yeah, if they played a 50 game schedule, there would be no b2b2b, there would be a training camp, and there would be a normal playoff schedule. The basketball quality would be much higher.

But that also means the league, the players, the teams all make less money. So why would they do that when people are still gonna pay for it anyway?

Even if they somehow miracle asshole 3 all the way to the Final, they will be dead tired. Kobe and Pau are old as fuck and the Heat essentially have a 3 round bye.

This.

Kobe doesn't have the legs to drag the Lakers through three more series. Poor Blake would probably be reduced to dust and bones by the time they get to the Finals. And some jilted Lakers fan probably would've killed Mike Brown by then.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Watched the games at a sixer's fan's house last night and all I have to say is that when Kobe plays in that balance of scorer/distributer the Lakers are so much better it's not even funny. Was really impressive, his best game of the series imo.

We had the same issue last year and all he got was Kapono. Absurd..

Lakers/Heat have same issue with making poor choices with minimum/cheap guys. Besides Bosh/Wade/Lebron and the Lakers starting five I'm not sure there is a single player on either team that would get even 5mpg for the Spurs/Nuggets/Thunder/Memphis/Chicago pre injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom