• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

andthebeatgoeson

And I am going to love when he knocks the smug look off of KG's face. Fake ass Granger lite gangsta kept bumping Elton Brand after every foul call like he was going to fight. Like Brand is the confrontational type. He don't even have knees.

Haha. I hate KG so much now. It's not the Celtics uniform but that ice-grillin-poundin-yo-chest routine is tired. Makes me wish he would have been stuck in Minnesota, praying for a Hall of Fame induction as his only relief.

linsivvi

If the 2K games want to be more realistic, they need to add in a flopping stat with a set of flop moves and random bullshit techs from refs.

lebronkinsetx.jpg

lol

Totally expecting to see a photo of Lebron on the floor with KG standing over him come tomorrow night.

effzee

Haha. I hate KG so much now. It's not the Celtics uniform but that ice-grillin-poundin-yo-chest routine is tired. Makes me wish he would have been stuck in Minnesota, praying for a Hall of Fame induction as his only relief.

Yeah I guess I didn't realize it when I was younger. I always rooted for him and felt bad for being stuck in Minn. I even rooted for the Celtics against the Lakers in 08 and 10, but KG's fake tough guy act is so annoying I wish someone Artests him one day.

They don't miss the shots the Celtics have missed for 3 series straight..especially the the 3 ball.

Miami's crap 3 point defense will be brought to light against SAS.

Celtics are averaging 28% from 3 throughtout the playoffs, and shot that in game 1. NYK shot 28% after shooting it decently in the regular season 33.8%, Indy shot it well during the regular season, went from 37% to 32%.

Utah got lit up despite being pretty good at guarding the arc, Clips suck at it and got lit up.

OKC held their opponents to 34% in the regular season and SAS shot 33% in game 1.

Miami allowed 36% in the regular season, their playoff numbers are better. That's one part improved D, another part playiing depleted Knicks, Fuckball Indy and shitty 3 Celtics.

SAS are shooting it at 41% in the playoffs. If they can bring SAS to regular season numbers from 3, it'd still be really tough for them. SAS will most likely shoot +36% from 3 and win handily in 5 games, 6 at the most.

Emwitus

I hate Miami but have no problem with them showboating when they are winning. Am I the only one who actually likes KG?

I've loved KG since his MN days, i still have hope he will win another ring as statistically improbable that might be. Can we get another 2010 miracle run? :(

It's just hilarious that "Miami Heat showboating" is now an issue even though they've been doing these "style" plays pretty much every game.

dwyane-wade-lebron-james.jpg

I guess we should all hate on Wade for this picture.

Kg is cool. I hope he cold cocks bitchass lebron

you should have posting rights taken away

It's just hilarious that "Miami Heat showboating" is now an issue even though they've been doing these "style" plays pretty much right away.

Remember when they showboated against the mavs

linsivvi

It's just hilarious that "Miami Heat showboating" is now an issue even though they've been doing these "style" plays pretty much every game.

Showboating is fine. I don't want to watch a sanitized game and Stern's been trying to do that. You'll just have to accept the players get hated on by fans of opposing teams and get mocked when they don't win. It comes with the territory.

You want to play the villain? Fine. Just make sure you don't lose.

Showboating is fine. I don't want to watch a sanitized game and Stern's been trying to do that. You'll just have to accept the players get hated on by fans of opposing teams and get mocked when they don't win. It comes with the territory.

You want to play the villain? Fine. Just make sure you don't lose.

No I totally get that, it's what fans are supposed to do. The Heat hate doesn't really bother me anymore because....when you see the same thing every day you give a little less of a fuck with each passing second. I've just never really felt or understood team hate in basketball, only football. It's just amusing seeing how such small actions will stir controversy and seeing how far people will stretch to validate their dislike.

Says the person with a LeBron avatar...

If I could have a Daniel Rucker avatar I would

SUPREME1

Banned
Yes and I don't give a fuck

I love how everybody points to that moment in game 2 as THE SERIES TURNING POINT
even though we won game 3

...well, winning game 3 would have meant so much more had you also won game 2. The series would have been 3-0 in favor of the Heat.

So yeah, it really was a turning point... as it gave the Mavs life.

No I totally get that, it's what fans are supposed to do. The Heat hate doesn't really bother me anymore because....when you see the same thing every day you give a little less of a fuck with each passing second. I've just never really felt or understood team hate in basketball, only football. It's just amusing seeing how such small actions will stir controversy and seeing how far people will stretch to validate their dislike.

If I could have a Daniel Rucker avatar I would

How can you understand team hate for football but not basketball? What's so different about them?

Emwitus

KG straight clownshoes. Lucky he got his ring.

I wouldnt call a almost 40 point blow out of LA with an almost mvp performance in 2008 finals lucky.......Maybe he should have given lebron, the most skilled player in the nba, some of that luck so he could average more than 2.2 in the fourth quarter last year.

Tom Penny

I wouldnt call a almost 40 point blow out of LA with an almost mvp performance in 2008 finals lucky.......Maybe he should have given lebron, the most skilled player in the nba, some of that luck so he could average more than 2.2 in the fourth quarter last year.

So it's Lebron's fault in the 4th quarter when he makes the right basketball plays and his team doesn't produce?

Emwitus

So it's Lebron's fault in the 4th quarter when he makes the right basketball plays and his team doesn't produce?
He averaged 2.2 points.........He averaged 2.2 points.....the best player in the nba averaged 2.2 points in the fourth quarter of the nba finals. Micheal jordan esque.

I don't understand how people can compare Jordan and LeBron's path to winning a championship just because Jordan was older. LeBron has been in the league 9 years now.

I wish more people hated on Wade, I dislike his punkass more than LBJ.

Okay this is a very sad admission but I watched very little of the Spurs during the regular season last year and instead caught up with them for the Grizzlies Spurs series. I know they had a phenomenal regular season last year as well. What exactly happened to them against the Grizz and what major changes did they make this year to ensure that didn't happen again?

Okay this is a very sad admission but I watched very little of the Spurs during the regular season last year and instead caught up with them for the Grizzlies Spurs series. I know they had a phenomenal regular season last year as well. What exactly happened to them against the Grizz and what major changes did they make this year to ensure that didn't happen again?

Manu was hurt last year.

Jefferson and Blair both were terrible last year and they replaced them with much better players in Leonard and Splitter. Duncan and Parker are playing a lot better. They've also had a lot fewer injuries.

REST
REST
REST

And deep bench

JohnsonUT

Manu is healthy. Tim is healthy. Parker took his game to another level.

Most importantly though, Spurs relied on Bonner last year to make like like 47% from three during the regular season. In the playoffs, he reverted to his playoff form and the Spurs were screwed. This year, Bonner is like the 10th guy off the bench.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
The Spurs played over their heads during the regular season last year. Pop has everyone playing within their means this year, which is what's truly scary.

KingGondo

Banned
The Spurs played over their heads during the regular season last year. Pop has everyone playing within their means this year, which is what's truly scary.
Yeah.

Realistically, I would be somewhat happy if the Thunder extend this to 6 games. I can admit that the Spurs are a special team.

I'd still be disappointed (especially after giving away Game 1), but the bottom line is that his Spurs team is looking like one we'll remember for a long time.

Gigglepoo

Showboating is a great thing. The NBA (and all sports) are entertainment, and the players are entertainers. That's one of the reasons I started rooting for Reggie Miller when I was 10. He understood his role, played to the crowd, and was more fun to watch because of that. Not sure how anyone could bitch about the Heat showboating. We (as a society!) complain about the No Fun League for penalizing emotion, and then complain when athletes do something entertaining? Bah!

Yeah.

Realistically, I would be somewhat happy if the Thunder extend this to 6 games. I can admit that the Spurs are a special team.

I'd still be disappointed (especially after giving away Game 1), but the bottom line is that his Spurs team is looking like one we'll remember for a long time.

Suuuuuuuure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom