• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
giri and I were discussing luxury tax, so I went to wikipedia, and found this:

The tax threshold in 2005–06 was $61.7 million dollars. In 2005–06, the New York Knicks' payroll was $124 million, putting them $74.5 million above the salary cap, and $62.3 million above the tax line, which Knicks owner James Dolan paid to the league.

lololol

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Get your chins up, Knicks-Age! You got two players on a postseason awards list!

ibteUunLPHPgc4.gif

Simply the best worst.

Derrick01

Banned
Thats the only way its an upgrade for Chicago. If they can get rid of Boozer.

As I said in the offseason thread we already have a soft PF who vanishes in the playoffs.

I mean I guess it's an upgrade in the sense that Pau doesn't vanish *as* bad as Boozer, though I think they both had somewhere around 3 points in a playoff game this year. But any benefit for us is thrown away when a 2nd or even 3rd player is thrown into the trade to LA because they're definitely not just taking Boozer.

Pau+Ebank to Bulls
Boozer Watson GODlock and 2 firsts to Nets
Deron to LAL

Yea, I'd be fine with this so long as Boozer is nowhere near an L.A. uniform. Bulls fans wanting that trade can be delusional.

Also, this made be me chuckle, expressed exactly how I feel about Simmons.

A few weeks ago over on Grantland, Bill Simmons, a.k.a. The Sports Guy, attempted to write intelligently on movies, which is a bit like asking me to write intelligently on the NBA (note: I don’t know anything about the NBA). Bill Simmons basically has three frames of references for all of his pop-culture knowledge: “Saved by the Bell,” “90210,” and Rounders, and yet the man has managed to build a huge career out of basically transcribing phone conversations between himself, his friends, and his father all the while boring us with stories about his fantasy leagues.

Left out the Karate Kid, but yea.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Lakers should trade for Brook Lopez. Humpries is a decent replacement for the Nets (dunno if he stays because of the whole Kanye thing). Lopez is youthier and has upside. Boozer will just suck the life out of the offense.

Emwitus

You have some persuasive points.

I think that on a baseline level, the Spurs are a better team than the Thunder overall. I admitted that it will take the best basketball OKC has played all year to have a chance of winning the series.

This has led me to formulate a new, more aggressive strategy against the Spurs:

Outright thuggery.

Time for Aldrich to earn that paycheck.

Thuggery is actually the best way to beat the spurs. Why u got perkins?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
lol yeah. But sofy durant won't. They need to rough up duncan though just like they did nowitzki. Brook can rough up parker...

I remember in 04 when Tony Parker was starting to get his shine. Game 1 vs the Lakers he scored 20+ and nobody knew how he did it. He was just making easy layups. Game 2+ Shaq bumped Parker every time he got in the lane and then Parker died.

giri

Lakers should trade for Brook Lopez. Humpries is a decent replacement for the Nets (dunno if he stays because of the whole Kanye thing). Lopez is youthier and has upside. Boozer will just suck the life out of the offense.

Is there any scenario where the lakers get Lopez.

Any?

He's a RFA this year or next. The nets second best (and maybe soon, the best) player on the team.

The only knocks on him are defense and the stress fracture. The stress fracture worries me more, as that can be a repetitive injury.

He'll be a net, unless he get traded for howard, for another 4 years.

giri

lol yeah. But sofy durant won't. They need to rough up duncan though just like they did nowitzki. Brook can rough up parker...

Roughing up a big, particularly one that plays in the post regularly, isn't going to be anything new to him. Duncans seen it all before and rarely gets flustered by it.

I'm not sure giving away a lot of cheap fouls is going to be the OKC key to success here.

I remember in 04 when Tony Parker was starting to get his shine. Game 1 vs the Lakers he scored 20+ and nobody knew how he did it. He was just making easy layups. Game 2+ Shaq bumped Parker every time he got in the lane and then Parker died.

Lol. Yeah I remember when Shaq tore his head off when the Spurs played PHX. Parker had to make a couple trips to the Lazarus pit.

linsivvi

I knew I shouldn't have bought that piece of crap but the hype pulled me in. Torchlight 2 can't come out soon enough.

At least there's a great game coming up today.

Gigglepoo

Also, this made be me chuckle, expressed exactly how I feel about Simmons.

Left out the Karate Kid, but yea.

I'm not sure what the purpose of mentioning Simmons in that editorial was. The point (Ryan Reynolds isn't a star) could have been made without referencing Simmons at all, and the case would have been stronger without distracting from the issue at hand.

Probably won't be posting much tonight. I've fallen ill (probably due to prolonged exposure to the Eastern Conference Playoffs).

But Franklin and Bash will make the key adjustments (starting with his terrible rotations in the 4th quarter), Westbrook and Harden won't play as poorly as they did in Game 1, and the Thunder will steal a game in San Anton.

Probably won't be posting much tonight. I've fallen ill (probably due to prolonged exposure to the Eastern Conference Playoffs).

But Franklin and Bash will make the key adjustments (starting with his terrible rotations in the 4th quarter), Westbrook and Harden won't play as poorly as they did in Game 1, and the Thunder will steal a game in San Anton.

<3 Franklin and Bash. Such a good show.

giri

Merge BOS-PHI to form

Rondo / Jrue
Iggy / Lou / Ray
Pierce / Turner
Brand / Bass
KG / Hawes

pretty sure that team still gets swept by the Spurs.

Awesome perimeter defense tho.

You'd have to merge Boston and Pacers (and take Doc as coach) to get a real contender out of them.

Rondo, George, Pierce/Granger, KG, giant bitch. With Hill, ray, West, pierce/granger, Hansbrough as the bench.

Tbh, you put doch on the pacers and you probably get a contender.

You'd have to merge Boston and Pacers (and take Doc as coach) to get a real contender out of them.

Rondo, George, Pierce/Granger, KG, giant bitch. With Hill, ray, West, pierce/granger, Hansbrough as the bench.

Tbh, you put doch on the pacers and you probably get a contender.

Yup. BOS-IND would be scary. KG + Hibbert + West is murda.

Would need Doc cause lord knows Vogel would never, ever let his team work inside-out even with that squad.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Somebody commission TNT to work overtime and cover every single game of the conference finals next season. Ship JVG and Breen over to TNT to commentate during games too.

giri

Yup. BOS-IND would be scary. KG + Hibbert + West is murda.

Would need Doc cause lord knows Vogel would never, ever let his team work inside-out even with that squad.

I like G.Hill too, but i don't think he's a starting PG. Great as a 6th man sort of player. But not a starter. Vogels inability to use collison is really telling.

giri

Somebody commission TNT to work overtime and cover every single game of the conference finals next season. Ship JVG and Breen over to TNT to commentate during games too.

Only if JVG replaces shaq. (that would be AWESOME btw, someone who not only has opinions, but intelligently backed ones, to clash with Charles).

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Only if JVG replaces shaq. (that would be AWESOME btw, someone who not only has opinions, but intelligently backed ones, to clash with Charles).
This would be fucking sick, but at the same time, who would commentate during games?

Edit: Well, there is Webber.

h3ro

If he doesn't get a decent coaching job next year, what do you guys think of Stan taking shaq's place on TNT?

They already have plenty of ex-player input, an opinionated coach would be great. Couldn't be worse than Shaq.

I like G.Hill too, but i don't think he's a starting PG. Great as a 6th man sort of player. But not a starter. Vogels inability to use collison is really telling.

Even though hes one of my favorite players, I have to agree. Though Collison is not the answer. I think moving Hill to the starting lineup was a good decision. Collison is kinda sorta terrible.

G-Hill is an awesome player because of his unique skillset. He has a bunch of things he does above average (shooting, ball handling, transition offense, moving without the ball) and one particuarly exceptional trait (his defense on 1s and 2s). The fact that he can fit in with so many lineups makes it natural to run a 3 guard tandem; an incredible asset in the playoffs where teams often have to play a PG, a backup, a SG, and 2 wing backups. He simplifies the rotation while letting you keep your best players on the floor. Combo guard backups are really, really valuable, especially if they don't give up size/speed on either end like Hill. His only major weakness is his court vison/passing, so his best compliment is a team with established ballhandlers like the Spurs or the Heat...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom