• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
With a previous career average of 32.5% 3PT.

Pretty clear this was a fluke season unless he just decided to suddenly become a better shooter after 7 years in the league. <___<

To be fair, he's a solid shooter when he spots up...in years past he had to get almost all of his threes off the bounce.

A lot more spot up chances as of late.

TheFatOne

I really hate the bullshit interviews that take half of the fucking screen. I don't give a shit about Allen Iverson. All I want to do is watch the game. The Celtics looks like hot garbage. I doubt this team will make it past Miami/Pacers if they can make it past Philly.

effzee

I really hate the bullshit interviews that take half of the fucking screen. I don't give a shit about Allen Iverson. All I want to do is watch the game. The Celtics looks like hot garbage. I doubt this team will make it past Miami/Pacers if they can make it past Philly.

No f uuuuuuu

But yeah interview should be on a smaller screen.

AI should still be playing for the Sixers as their back up SG. God knows they could use his help on offense. Fucking pathetic right now.

SamuraiX-

To be fair, he's a solid shooter when he spots up...in years past he had to get almost all of his threes off the bounce.

A lot more spot up chances as of late.

Fair enough, but when I think of "good 3-point shooters", Iggy most definitely isn't on that list.

Love his bitch ass for his defense and highlight dunks though. :p

SamuraiX-

WHOA wtf??

HALF-TIME?!

holy shit, I was completely oblivious. Thought for sure the 1st quarter was just coming to an end. lol

effzee

These Sixers are so frustrating to watch. Sometimes they don't even know how to run a set play. Doug Collins must have aged 100 years this past season alone.

Boston is terrible and any other team with any sense of an offense would be up by 10.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Magic: The longer you go, the more tired you get.

Him and Shaq could be replaced by a potted cactus on their respective shows and the audience wouldn't be less informed.

They'd still be over the cap though. Can't sign a player over the cap. You amnestied Pau, who else do you have to trade? In this fantasy scenario you're already getting rid of Bynum so you're only other tradeable asset is Kobe or a bunch of 27th overall or later draft picks.

I didn't know about the deal with Time Warner. I doubt the Lakers would want to keep paying a bunch of money in luxury tax. They'd burn through that billion dollar deal in probably four/five years tops.

Actually, with all of the punitive luxury tax measures, there's still about 75-100M left each year (without including any other income), so it's not a matter of burning through it, the franchise will be rich for a long, long time.

It's more about the players that are available. Not a whole lot of them, doesn't really make sense to overpay a non-superstar, like Iso Joe.

effzee

KG a'int lie bro.

Hurts me to say this but dude was right.

Tons of bandwagoners in this town.

Ill admit that they don't show up to the games anymore but really there isn't much to get excited about. Philly isn't one of the towns that superstars are begging to be traded to like NYC or LA. On top of that they are stuck somewhere between where they get good players from the draft but no superstar. The last time there was any excitement in the franchise was in 96 when they drafted AI.

Its hard to be a fan of a NBA team in a city that no one wants to go to play and is mismanaged. Even now they are an average team which if the rest of the East was stronger, wouldn't be in the playoffs.

Philly fans aren't going to show up to watch Lou and Jrue claw and scratch their way to win 35 games a year with no real signs of improvement.

Sanjuro

Only the Heat have looked remotely impressive on D, and they've played injured Knicks and the Pacers.

True, but I don't like to do the "Team A played like this against Team B, so they will against Team C". Having watched sports as long as I have, just can't do that anymore.

I can't say this about the Phillies or Eagles.

Sixers are probably the worst example. Flyers a little better.

The Phillies have been the best in their division for like the last 5 years..before that...meh.

I'll give you the Eagles(although they have been good-great for a decade too).

The Flyers are one of the best ran franchises in the city tho.

Ill admit that they don't show up to the games anymore but really there isn't much to get excited about. Philly isn't one of the towns that superstars are begging to be traded to like NYC or LA. On top of that they are stuck somewhere between where they get good players from the draft but no superstar. The last time there was any excitement in the franchise was in 96 when they drafted AI.

Its hard to be a fan of a NBA team in a city that no one wants to go to play and is mismanaged. Even now they are an average team which if the rest of the East was stronger, wouldn't be in the playoffs.

Philly fans aren't going to show up to watch Lou and Jrue claw and scratch their way to win 35 games a year with no real signs of improvement.

Yeah..I don't blame them.

Well I watch every game because I love basketball but still I don't blame people for not wasting their money to watch shit.

It;s why I do commend (or feel pity) for the Knicks die hards.

Still Philly has a bunch of all of a sudden Lakers fans or now we Bulls fans again people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom