• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

Shaq can't even remember his teammates during his title runs. Or the teams he beat.

I mean, i get what you're sort of implying, but Shaq is a giant goofball. If KG retired and wanted to be a GM, I wouldn't laugh about it. Or Duncan. Or a host of others.

HbbQf.jpg

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Are you serious? Have you not watched inside the NBA?

Yeah, and I have heard Mark Jackson do color and he was giving a coaching job..

I don't think Shaq would be a great GM but most ex-players aren't qualified for the position.. however a dude like Shaq would be a huge bonus for luring free agents because a lot of players respect him and like him..

Blackace

Shaq can't even remember his teammates during his title runs. Or the teams he beat.

I mean, i get what you're sort of implying, but Shaq is a giant goofball. If KG retired and wanted to be a GM, I wouldn't laugh about it. Or Duncan. Or a host of others.

Shaq is far from the goofball he plays to the media.. not saying he is some sort of genius or something..

Yeah, and I have heard Mark Jackson do color and he was giving a coaching job..

I don't think Shaq would be a great GM but most ex-players aren't qualified for the position.. however a dude like Shaq would be a huge bonus for luring free agents because a lot of players respect him and like him..

I don't think alot of players would like Shaq, it's very apparent Kenny and Chuck don't like him much on the show and he burned alot of bridges with players on the teams he was on. I guess if your right and Shaq was given the title with very little to no actual power then it could work.

Shaq is far from the goofball he plays to the media.. not saying he is some sort of genius or something..

not from everything i've heard from his time in LA. Shaq isn't stupid. I know that. I just don't see him able to put full effort into all the duties of a GM. I think it's why a lot of former players don't want to stay long (like Kerr).

Sanjuro

not from everything i've heard from his time in LA. Shaq isn't stupid. I know that. I just don't see him able to put full effort into all the duties of a GM. I think it's why a lot of former players don't want to stay long (like Kerr).

I'd probably take Shaq over your avatar. I'd also take one of Phil Jackson's bastard children probably as well.

Blackace

I don't think alot of players would like Shaq, it's very apparent Kenny and Chuck don't like him much on the show and he burned alot of bridges with players on the teams he was on. I guess if your right and Shaq was given the title with very little to no actual power then it could work.

Chuck and him had bad blood as players, and Kenny is bitchmade.. He didn't left Phx, and Cle on good terms and I don't think he ran his mouth too much in Mia..

Of course he would have a staff to do his books and everything.

Most of the players today grew up on Shaq tearing down rims..

Blackace

The funny thing is I could see Shaq being super focused for two seasons and then becoming a cop..

Sanjuro

Yeah I am sorry as much as I like Rondo and his play, he is so limited on offense that its embarrassing.

The only thing embarrassing about him (again) is his free throw shooting. It's so bad he has trained himself to poorly distribute the ball while in the paint.

Mxrz

There's talk of Shaq and Dwight being bffs now. But its probably more bullshit. I don't care much any more. But I'm crazy about Sloan coming to coach. They could put up a Bobcats record and I'd still watch.

And today's player love the Shaq. Not as much as they love money or themselves tho.

Thing is, don't Orlando fans still hate him?
I don't. That whole thing went down weird and wrong. Can't speak for others, but its always seemed like a mix. I think I was bitter for the first few months, and then I started watching more Laker games. Not sure how I'll handle Dwight leaving. I'll take it better if its to the West.

Hubie's trying to come up with new ways to say "you have to give x a lot of credit". It's ok, Hubie. We don't always need to know who deserves credit on every play.

effzee

The only thing embarrassing about him (again) is his free throw shooting. It's so bad he has trained himself to poorly distribute the ball while in the paint.

And that is because he is limited on offense. His instincts are amazing but the PG position isn't defined by simply being able to find the open man. You should be able to shoot FGs, FTs, and finish at the rim.

Not saying he is a scrub but not the best PG in the game.

Sanjuro

And that is because he is limited on offense. His instincts are amazing but the PG position isn't defined by simply being able to find the open man. You should be able to shoot FGs, FTs, and finish at the rim.

Not saying he is a scrub but not the best PG in the game.

He is still one of the best. The position is still primarily finding the open man, regardless of what other people have skewed the position to be.

effzee

He is still one of the best. The position is still primarily finding the open man, regardless of what other people have skewed the position to be.

And I said that but his limits sometimes lead to TOs and if the other guys don't have it going on they can't rely on Rondo to generate his own offense.

Good timeout by Doug.

7 point game. Lets see how the Sixers blow this now.

Watching Evan Turner beat up Ray Allen is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom