• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
But Duncan is old and he might not go off. Plus I'd take Duncan over Parker going off all day.

Either way, the problem is that *someone* is going to go off.

With just 1 decent big in, Ginobli also goes off along with Duncan. It's really a pick-your-poison scenario. That's why the Spurs are so damn good. With most teams, you shut down one guy and the ship sinks.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Either way, the problem is that *someone* is going to go off.

With just 1 decent big in, Ginobli also goes off along with Duncan. It's really a pick-your-poison scenario. That's why the Spurs are so damn good. With most teams, you shut down one guy and the ship sinks.
only one "elite" playoff really had that problem.. and that was the Bulls

The blame for this game should go to Ibaka or Perkins because they don't know how to play basketball or even how to catch a basketball. Or to Fisher, or to Brooks. Not sure YNB should be getting this much heat.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
No. They won't sweep OKC either. I actually kind of think Miami wins after going back and forth on this. We are gonna see some 2006-style reffing

nom nom nom

Pimp's tears are delicious.

KingGondo

Banned
Only chance Thunder have is Ginobili or Parker going down. Period.

And even then, OKC might not win the series.

I'm going to bed now. :'(

only one "elite" playoff really had that problem.. and that was the Bulls

To a great degree, the Heat had that problem as well. When Wade was off, they should have lost. They were saved by Pacer offensive ineptitude and mental pressure.

Easy, you don't have two bigs in the lineup that Parker can destrtoy in the PnR.

Perkins OR Ibaka
Durant
Sefolosha
Westbrook
Fisher/Ivey/Cook

OKC needs to do SOMETHING different.

Duncan's getting 30 in Game 3.
I agree that they have to try something. But they can PnR that lineup to death with Ginobli and Duncan, no?

Blackace

People misunderstand the curse. Konex can't influence the future, he's just profoundly wrong about everything.
Shit most of the posters here are cursed then!
To a great degree, the Heat had that problem as well. When Wade was off, they should have lost. They were saved by Pacer offensive ineptitude and mental pressure.

Losing their starting PF had nothing to do with that

giri

Parker has been godlike this game.

Proud of how hard the Thunder fought, but this Spurs team is on a different level than the rest of the league.

Keeping it classy. (Not said sarcastically).

They really are, and have been for a while.

Amazing run by them this year.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
If Konex jumps on the Heat bandwagon, I'm going to go to his house, eat all his food, shit on his rug that ties the room together and beat him upside the head with jarosh's skillet.

Losing their starting PF had nothing to do with that
Yes, it may have. It may not have. I can't access an alternate dimension to see how those games would have went with a relatively healthy Bosh taking shots away from LeBron and Dewayne to comment further. Perhaps you do, in which case I can't contend the point any further and have no interest in doing so.

Switch the PnR with the small lineup.

Perkins is the worst PnR defender I've ever seen in the playoffs.

I think the history of teams who have run excellent PnR systems proves that much easier said than done. But yes, Perkins has been moving like he has lead strapped to his feet. It certainly can't get worse.

Gotta feel for the Thunder. They've been waiting for the changing of the guard for three years now, and they'll be forced to endure another painful year.

Spurs-Heat will be a bloodbath. Spurs are a worse matchup for Miami than they are for OKC.
Yeah. It's almost self-evident that OKC is a vastly better team than Miami top-down and certainly better fit to tackle the Spurs. Heat won't win a game.

OKC may steal one at home, though.

Blackace

Spurs-Heat will be a bloodbath. Spurs are a worse matchup for Miami than they are for OKC.
I don't think the Spurs match up super well on the Heat as well... I think the Spurs are going to win if they continue to play at this clip tho..
I'm looking forward to seeing Miami get burned trying to hedge and trap every pick and roll.
I am looking forward to you saying this again in a few more hours..

He should throw him under a bus?
I think he should've deflected the question instead of outright lying, yeah!

How hard is it to say "Tony Parker is a hard guy to guard and he was just on tonight, nothing you can do" or something like that? Trust me, I've heard skillful deflections of questions in NBA games my whole life.

Blackace

I think he should've deflected the question instead of outright lying, yeah!

How hard is it to say "Tony Parker is a hard guy to guard and he was just on tonight, nothing you can do" ot something?

no one has been able to mark Parker so how is it lying? It's like when someone was on MJ..

Yeah. It's almost self-evident that OKC is a vastly better team than Miami top-down and certainly better fit to tackle the Spurs. Heat won't win a game.

OKC may steal one at home, though.

The Heat play better defense than OKC and won't be giving up back to back 100 point games. I think a healthy Bulls team would have matched up best against this Spurs team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom