• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
VnniO.jpg

I need to see how Spurs handle FThunder in OKC's gym first. If they handle that ok then they'll have a shot vs. The Button.

Lol, has anyone defied the button and walked away? I still feel like they won't have any problem in OKC though.

I really don't think the Spurs are handling the Thunder easily. Both games have been extremely intense and the Spurs have had to execute extremely well to pull them out.

Easy really was a bad choice of words. I mean they are handling OKC really efficiently. Everytime I think oh shoot here comes Durant or here comes the fast-breaks the Spurs just handle it, they don't get all that flustered.

The Heat play better defense than OKC and won't be giving up back to back 100 point games. I think a healthy Bulls team would have matched up best against this Spurs team.
Miami simply does not have the depth or the ability to combat the multiple pick and rolls the Spurs run every play. The Heat also cannot "pick their poison": they have ZERO post or inside presence, so the only course of action is to put LeBron on Parker pick and rolls and pray to God that slowing down Parker counterbalances Duncan going off.

The matchups will be gruesome for Miami regardless. I don't really see an alternative to putting LeBron on screen and roll action with Parker, because Wade simply cannot handle that defensive duress at this stage in his career and still remain effective on both ends. Realistically, the Big Three will have to play 45 minutes a game to even have a glimmer of a chance at winning any game against the Spurs, because taking even one of them out for an extended period of time would result in slaughter.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Ernie! lmao

"This was Westbrook just a few moments ago. Sitting down in the stands, got something to eat, got his backpack on, got a bandaid on his chin, got a 2-0 deficit..."

Ernie! lmao

"This was Westbrook just a few moments ago. Sitting down in the stands, got something to eat, got his backpack on, got a bandaid on his chin, got a 2-0 deficit..."

I can't believe these guys make millions of dollars a year and play on a big stage. They act like they should be in middle school.

I never had the feeling (in either game) that the 5pur5 would lose.
Neither did I really, but mostly because the Spurs are playing so sharply. But to say it has been easy it's a little exaggerated, wouldn't you agree?

Anyway, someone asked for this a couple of pages back and I just saw it on a Spurs forum.

ginorage.gif

What a beast! Manu <3

TRios Zen

Well NBA Gaf, just got back from Bikini's watching the Spurs play...what a game.

Parker playing out of his mind and Ginoboli with some clutch points; amazing. Props to the Thunder for not quitting when they were down 22 though - they made it a game. I guess you can say the Spurs have been tested now though. right?

Game 3 will be great I think. OKC will take an early lead on adrenaline and will alone. Will the Spurs be able to execute enough quarters to overcome that initial rush? Don't know, but I'd take losing the 1st and 2nd quarters and executing well in Q3 & 4 any day of the week.

Canuck76

Banned
Guys,

guys

this was my face when Brooks was losing it

images

In all seriousness though this is just disappointing to watch. Just a terribad offense that really, i think would be hugely entertaining if stuff was run for Ibaka and Sef and some of the other guys too besides "sit here and pop 3's, play good D and always pass to Westbrook"

Seriously when Sef blew by those dudes i was really impressed. Played good D on kobe in the laker series as well.

He should throw him under a bus?

Spurs vs Heat
PG Spurs > Heat
SG Spurs < Heat
SF Spurs < Heat
PF Spurs > Heat (even if Bosh plays he won't be 100%)
C Spurs > Heat
Bench Spurs > Heat
Coaching Spurs > Heat
HCA Spurs > Heat

It won't be a cake walk for the Spurs nor the Heat. I still think the Heat win in the end for a number of factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom