• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
rayrays j has gone so cold since his injury

his feet just fell out from under him so suddenly

he just looks v bad out there

Vahagn

Shaq is known as a Laker.

To the outside world, sure.

But in practically every Lakers fan's pantheon West/Magic/Kobe stand above everyone else...they stayed here for their whole careers and defined a decade of greatness each.

Elgin/Worthy/Mikan are of a different class and Shaq/Kareem/Wilt are of a different class too

This will never make sense. 14 years of the possibly GOAT, and he cant even get a statue.

His prime wasn't spent here, Magic won a chip in his rookie year when Kareem got injured and Kareem was old and bald for most of his Laker tenure.

Also, and this may be a subconscious part of it, but our franchise has always been about entertainment and flash as well as excellence. And perimeter players fit more with the LA mentality than Old Grumpy Big Men.

The most "LA" thing Kareem ever did

bruce-lee48_display_image.jpg

I love how we just went through a lock out because owners were saying that the system is unfair and they are stuck with these terrible contracts and now one of them wants to seriously consider SHAQUILLE O'NEAL as their general fucking manager. And people wonder why the Lebron's and Dwight's of the world want to bail the fuck out of their incompetent teams and have the gall to blame the players.

effzee

To the outside world, sure.

But in practically every Lakers fan's pantheon West/Magic/Kobe stand above everyone else...they stayed here for their whole careers and defined a decade of greatness each.

Elgin/Worthy/Mikan are of a different class and Shaq/Kareem/Wilt are of a different class too

Even if that is true, Kobe wouldn't have the rings he has now if it wasn't for Shaq. And Shaq only left or was forced out because they couldn't afford to keep both.

I love how we just went through a lock out because owners were saying that the system is unfair and they are stuck with these terrible contracts and now one of them wants to seriously consider SHAQUILLE O'NEAL as their general fucking manager. And people wonder why the Lebron's and Dwight's of the world want to bail the fuck out of their incompetent teams and have the gall to blame the players.

Cmon bro Lebron should have remained forever in Cleveland! How dare he leave that situation?

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Philly will win.

I've never been so sure about anything basketball related since Saturday.

Knux is in that rare sports territory of icing. Everything that's happened for 2 weeks and going forward is nothing but icing on the cake. Us LA Kings fans know all about that!

In some ways, I'd love to see Shaq get the GM job (and inevitably fail at it). He's so thin skinned and has been the media darling, exempt from any real criticism, his whole life. Also because he'd not only trade us Dwight for Bynum, he'd probably throw in Ryan Anderson and a draft pick.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Because he only spent 7 years here. Will you put KG over Pierce?

If KG had a season like where he won the MVP, Finals MVP and even the All-Star MVP I am sure he would get his props..

But KG spent his prime and most of his career somewhere else.

Shaq spent his prime as a Laker he was only in Orl for 4 years..

And is Dennis Johnson a Celtic??

Knux is in that rare sports territory of icing. Everything that's happened for 2 weeks and going forward is nothing but icing on the cake. Us LA Kings fans know all about that!

Except the Kings are actually very likely to win it all, while the Sixers' glass ceiling is the Finals and that's only if they win the next game and the Pacers win the next 2 games and then find a way to beat the Pacers. It'd be a great finish for sure, but there's no way they'd beat the Spurs or OKC.

Duki

Banned
kobe didnt define a decade of greatness wtf are you talking about vag

he defined being robin on three rings and winning two while being the best player on one of those finals trips

how does he get the credit in your warped, laker fan mind

because the gm didnt pull the trigger on the chicago trade?

smh

oh right its vag nm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom