• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother with this shit league.

And then I watch the Spurs :eek:

I swear, if we get jobbed out of 16-0 cause the refs..

My wrath will shake the earth, move the heavens, and stir the oceans. Stern won't be able to escape me.

as a man of your...ethnic disposition you shouldnt say things like this...

they are always watching

effzee

lmfao, watch the game yourself then come back in here.

i'm waiting.

Don't need to. Unless it was historically bad or lopsided, its your typical NBA game with the home team or star players getting ticky tacky fouls in their favor.

If its the Heat GAF's collective panties go up in a bunch. None of the commentators mentioned anything out of the ordinary. They were far too busy drooling over Rondo and calling out Wade and Lebron for missing FTs.

But whatever makes you guys feel better. Everything is a conspiracy so long as it fits the agenda.

Don't need to. Unless it was historically bad or lopsided, its your typical NBA game with the home team or star players getting ticky tacky fouls in their favor.

If its the Heat GAF's collective panties go up in a bunch. None of the commentators mentioned anything out of the ordinary. They were far too busy drooling over Rondo and calling out Wade and Lebron for missing FTs.

But whatever makes you guys feel better. Everything is a conspiracy so long as it fits the agenda.

It was historically bad. It was lopsided.

You ought to watch the game.

Well actually maybe you shouldn't.

Do something more productive. Or barring that, at least something that will make you happy.

Adrian Hernandez ‏@AdrianIsCute
@WSzczerbiak Excuse me but you do realize you're Wally Szczerbiak right?

Casey Brewer ‏@superbeastbrew
@WSzczerbiak KG has already forgotten about your worthless career.
oh shit

Mothman91

Saw this on Reddit...

x1qip.jpg

why bother asking Hawks fans

they wanted to see their team put out of its misery ASAP

Just saying, i wonder if the people crying this much refball were as adamant on referee behavior during game 6 of the Hawks-Celtics.

but i digress...NOTHING! sorry i'm a newbie to this whole basketball thing, i'm trying to catch up to the big timers.

giri

obviously haven't seen the game.

Looks like Miami escaped one here.

Sometimes you gotta do that.

Just saying, i wonder if the people crying this much refball were as adamant on referee behavior during game 6 of the Hawks-Celtics.

but i digress...NOTHING! sorry i'm a newbie to this whole basketball thing, i'm trying to catch up to the big timers.

That was a pretty horribly ref'd series in general, but escaped wide spread criticism... cause no one was watching it.

Vahagn

you know things are bad when a lakers fan is a tad disappointed boston got fucked over

true story

Also, why are people asking Lebron to drive on the last play? He drove 15 seconds earlier and missed a layup. A pullup 20 footer with a guy who can't even bother your jumpshot isn't a dumb decision despite how much Henry Abbott inspired idiots believe it so.

If you use the term "Hero Ball" and you're not Doc Rivers...you probably read a lot of truehoop

Canuck76

Banned
Conference Finals, game 2, OT, tie game... yeah, that's as bad as it gets.

That was a pretty terrible call. If i can, stump for the knicks for just a moment, gm1 of that knicks/heat with a flag 2 called on chandler for a borderline no call and then immediately after 2 Lebron flops in quick succession was probably the worst series of calls i've seen.

Knicks got screwed that game no doubt about it.

Also frigging RR9.

We are all witnesses.

GamerSoul

I'm a Miami fan and i think we were fortunate tonight. Shit happens though, you got to just play through it. Rondo played out of his mind so ill tip my hat to him, he was making everything in every way. It was amazing.

giri

true story

Also, why are people asking Lebron to drive on the last play? He drove 15 seconds earlier and missed a layup. A pullup 20 footer with a guy who can't even bother your jumpshot isn't a dumb decision despite how much Henry Abbott inspired idiots believe it so.

If you use the term "Hero Ball" and you're not Doc Rivers...you probably read a lot of truehoop

The 20ft jumper is one of the worst shots in the NBA.

Challenged or not.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes

Challenged or not.

It's why I proclaimed that Westbrook would struggle versus the Spurs, because Pop would make sure that was the only look he got -- and it would be contested at worst.

And YNB loves that 15ft-3pt shot.

Vahagn

Challenged or not.

Not in this situation its not. Lebron has little to no post game so his jump shot is much more reliable than his post game. A 3 is a more efficient shot than a 20 ft jumper because of the extra point you get, but in a tie game is a worse shot because the extra point gives you nothing, FT's are likely out of the question because the refs would swallow their whistles, and the paint was packed to deter drives. Especially considering he missed a layup 15 seconds earlier and wasn't bailed out

He went to an open spot on the floor, and shot a shot he's very capable of making with practically no one bothering his shot. Creating a clean and make-able look in the final seconds of a close game is all you can ask from a player, he did that. Especially considering he missed a layup earlier and wasn't bailed out

edit: The NBA used to live off mid range jump shots. Lebron missed because he's Lebron, the look wouldn't have changed much. He made a good decision by getting to that spot on the floor and taking a very make-able shot for him.

Vahagn

It's why I proclaimed that Westbrook would struggle versus the Spurs, because Pop would make sure that was the only look he got -- and it would be contested at worst.

And YNB loves that 15ft-3pt shot.

I agree. But TP kills people with that same exact shot off the pick and roll because he gets them wide open. The Kobe/Pau PnR used to be the same.

jman2050

true story

Because Lebron is not a terribly good midrange shooter. This isn't news.

As I said before, Lebron is not the same type of player as Jordan.

giri

Not in this situation its not. Lebron has little to no post game so his jump shot is much more reliable than his post game. A 3 is a more efficient shot than a 20 ft jumper because of the extra point you get, but in a tie game is a worse shot because the extra point gives you nothing, FT's are likely out of the question because the refs would swallow their whistles, and the paint was packed to deter drives. Especially considering he missed a layup 15 seconds earlier and wasn't bailed out

He went to an open spot on the floor, and shot a shot he's very capable of making with practically no one bothering his shot. Creating a clean and make-able look in the final seconds of a close game is all you can ask from a player, he did that. Especially considering he missed a layup earlier and wasn't bailed out

edit: The NBA used to live off mid range jump shots. Lebron missed because he's Lebron, the look wouldn't have changed much. He made a good decision by getting to that spot on the floor and taking a very make-able shot for him.
LBJ shoots the 20ft jump shoot at @ 39%. He shoots 38% from 3.

It's not a great shot. No matter how you look at it. If he gets inside 15feet, he shoots it @ 47%

It might have been the best shot he could get, but that doesn't make it a good shot.

Feep

Banned
LBJ shoots the 20ft jump shoot at @ 39%. He shoots 38% from 3.

It's not a great shot. No matter how you look at it. If he gets inside 15feet, he shoots it @ 47%

It might have been the best shot he could get, but that doesn't make it a good shot.
The "shot efficiency" statistic is irrelevant when you need only one point to win as time is expiring. Taking a three would be worse, as it would be one percentage point lower.

giri

The "shot efficiency" statistic is irrelevant when you need only one point to win as time is expiring. Taking a three would be worse, as it would be one percentage point lower.

i'm not going to even bother.

Walking away.

balddemon

Banned
diehard i'm moving to utah.

so is my hot cousin.

would you like to meet her?

shes your age.

edit: haha nice job clayton bigsby. you win this round.
asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom