• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

balddemon

Banned
That...is an excellent question.

funny picture:
76s2Y.jpg

good night everyone

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I've seen pics and I called dibs hours ago. Baldy even said I could have her.

Gigglepoo

Also, why are people asking Lebron to drive on the last play?

Because he's virtually unstoppable when he drives. And considering how many free throws he takes, even if he missed another layup (not likely), he could win the game with one foul shot.

Lebron is a great offensive player because he can get to the hole and he can pass. Mid range shooting is not a strength.

Omega

Banned
What happened in that 3rd quarter?

Boston looked like they were going to win, and I had to leave. come back, check the box score, and see they got outscored 35-22..

Buckin Foston..had them in 6. they can't be choking away games like this

I just hope Heat fans don't use this game as example of Lebron being "clutch" in the 4th. I give him credit for being a little more aggressive than usual, but he didn't make a single field goal the entire 4th quarter, nevermind those missed free throws in OT.

And I have a very strong suspicion that Lebron wouldn't have taken those shots at the end of the 4th if the Heat were down by one instead of being tied. Lebron tends to not defer on the last possession if he can't lose the game (ie. even if he misses, the game just goes to OT). But if they're down and the weight of the game (or series) rests on that final possession, Lebron wants no part of it.

Ultimately foul trouble caught up with the Celts. They can get by for a few minutes without Pierce, but they can't get through an entire OT without him. After the TERRIBLE non-call for Rondo, the Celtics desperately needed a basket. That's where they needed Pierce to at the very least help spread the floor.

It's a shame the game ultimately had to be decided by the refs like that. The Celts needed to steal game 2 to stand a chance. Now the Heat will likely split in Boston and close out the series at home, almost identical to last year.

Omega

Banned
lebron-rookiejpg-a43c6216c84b5771_large_medium.jpg

Are you saying you didn't gain 30 pounds of muscle mass, grow an enlarged jaw, and have a receding hairline by the age of 25?

Are you saying that people don't grow when they get out of high school at the age of 18?

Plenty of people have had receding hairlines at an early age. Don't try so hard.

https://twitter.com/#!/WSzczerbiak

So what's with Wally's obsession with KG?

Wally just mad KG couldn't carry him and those other bums to a ring against the Los Angeles Sterns/Timmy & Friends

demigod

Went to the gym when the Celtics were up by 3, not surprised at all they lost. 47 FTs compared to 29, yep the game isn't rigged at all. These Celtics need to learn how to foul. If you're going to foul, grab their whole arm and don't let go so they can continue to shoot, idiots.

What's the Spurs record against Heat?

Wally just mad KG couldn't carry him and those other bums to a ring against the Los Angeles Sterns/Timmy & Friends

Which is precisely why CP3 is on the Lakers, right?

Why we got swept last year, right?

Why we lost in 5 this year, right?

Cause Stern loves our team and rigs it for us--every year.

Omega

Banned
Which is precisely why CP3 is on the Lakers, right?

Why we got swept last year, right?

Why we lost in 5 this year, right?

Cause Stern loves our team and rigs it for us--every year.

1. Really?

2. Refs can't help a shitty team no matter how much they try.

3. Obviously in context I referred to the early 2000 Lakers as the Sterns but go ahead and bring up recent shit.

Or who knows. Maybe I'm lying. Maybe I meant KG couldn't carry the Timberwolves against the Lakers last year or this year...

1. Really?

2. Refs can't help a shitty team no matter how much they try.

But if we are the Sterns, surely they could throw a game or two, right? I mean, we're the Los Angeles Sterns! They can do whatever they want (see, tonight's lottery) but Stern is somehow powerless to stop us from losing?

3. Obviously in context I referred to the early 2000 Lakers as the Sterns but go ahead and bring up recent shit.

Or who knows. Maybe I'm lying. Maybe I meant KG couldn't carry the Timberwolves against the Lakers last year or this year...

Right, so Stern picks and chooses when he wants to be in the Lakers' corner?

Do you realize how fucking stupid this sounds?

He loved us for 3 (2000-02) years and "abandoned us" from 1991- 2000? Why weren't we the Los Angeles Sterns in the late 90s? Oh is this the part when you point to shitty coaching or some other qualifier?

aznpxdd

Come on, Act I Hell ain't that hard. Wait until you get into Act II to start bitching.

In Inferno Act I now. I am so ready to get my shit pushed in.

Gabyskra

Banned
Thanks for posting this. Was a good watch after seeing the Spurs OKC game. They really did a number on Westbrook.

It's an okay watch, but I feel like that guy (coach Nick or whatever, i have a hard time calling someone who's not my coach that way) tends to overstate individual failure on the defensive end & understate the quality of individual play on the offensive end, in favor of reading basic Xs and Os. That Spurs offense was insanely beautiful to watch... but the title of his video is misleading for example as it does not show it: it's not Westbrook who failed. Those offbalance shots by TP and most importantly his ability to change gears... I don't have the words. In this instance at least, I think he misses the most crucial elements. The Spurs did much more than have a gameplan that "abused" a given player, and if anything, YNB was far from being the worst.

He's not that bad a defender. Plus, you know, after a while, it's not just Westbrook who takes shots away from Durant, it's also Durant's lack of assertiveness.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I've been calling out Westbrook for years now.

He's a terrible point guard and arguably the most immature guy in the league.

If anything, he deserves more scrutiny.

Gabyskra

Banned
I've been calling out Westbrook for years now.

He's a terrible point guard and arguably the most immature guy in the league.

If anything, he deserves more scrutiny.

He's in the LeBron mold, all flash, all athleticism, somewhat limited bag of tricks. He's one of the worst All stars that's for sure, but there are many teams that don't have a player of his talent level. I'm afraid the Durant agenda will tell a story that diminishes YNB's worth after a while. I guess it's a matter of who we're talking to and when. You gotta admit that last game, he was not the problem.

Put any other team in the place of the Thunder, and they get blown out in historical fashion. The Thunder big three did what they could. You know how a good opponent makes you play better... Well, OKC made the Spurs go all out.

Gabyskra

Banned
Plus who else is he going to pass to? It's not like we have some lights out shooter that he is neglecting unlike YNB.

Yeah in the 4th there were a few why not moments... but it's not like Durant was wide open or called for the ball. There's psychology at work there, and Durant has, at times, Novakian tendencies of relying too much on others. He's amazing, but he plays like a second option. This is not just YNB's doing, it's rooted in something much broader.

This isn't basketball this is surgery. Damn this Spurs team is unbelievable. That was a fantastic breakdown.

Yeah in the 4th there were a few why not moments... but it's not like Durant was wide open or called for the ball. There's psychology at work there, and Durant has, at times, Novakian tendencies of relying too much on others. He's amazing, but he plays like a second option. This is not just YNB's doing, it's rooted in something much broader.

Thats a good point. Its almost like if YNB decides he wants to go solo Durant doesn't make the decision to interrupt him, which is odd. I understand watching it play out just to see which Wesbrook is going to show up but when it isn't working the team captain needs to demand the ball. Instead you will just see Durant standing up in the corner doing nothing.

DY_nasty

He's in the LeBron mold, all flash, all athleticism, somewhat limited bag of tricks. He's one of the worst All stars that's for sure, but there are many teams that don't have a player of his talent level. I'm afraid the Durant agenda will tell a story that diminishes YNB's worth after a while. I guess it's a matter of who we're talking to and when. You gotta admit that last game, he was not the problem.

Put any other team in the place of the Thunder, and they get blown out in historical fashion. The Thunder big three did what they could. You know how a good opponent makes you play better... Well, OKC made the Spurs go all out.

I give OKC props for playing with balls. But Pop targeting Shotcrook was obvious to anyone who intently follows the game - and it created more problems than just the general Spurs buzzsaw.

Another big thing is that Westbrick doesn't even pretend like he runs the offense anymore. That team needs a point guard like Kobe needs white girls. He doesn't create anything that isn't a direct result of him creating for himself. He cost his team several valuable possessions in a row by just being a dumbass. You can coach through being an average or subpar player but when you've got a great talent that is intent on fucking his own then you're in the worst kind of situation.

Also, the guy plays with Kevin F'n Durant. Get him the ball. Its too easy. Whynotbrook is just a super athletic Norris Cole and at this stage of his career, that is inexcusable.

Gabyskra

Banned
I give OKC props for playing with balls. But Pop targeting Shotcrook was obvious to anyone who intently follows the game - and it created more problems than just the general Spurs buzzsaw.

Another big thing is that Westbrick doesn't even pretend like he runs the offense anymore. That team needs a point guard like Kobe needs white girls. He doesn't create anything that isn't a direct result of him creating for himself. He cost his team several valuable possessions in a row by just being a dumbass. You can coach through being an average or subpar player but when you've got a great talent that is intent on fucking his own then you're in the worst kind of situation.

Also, the guy plays with Kevin F'n Durant. Get him the ball. Its too easy. Whynotbrook is just a super athletic Norris Cole and at this stage of his career, that is inexcusable.

Is the issue with LeBron in the clutch that he is not given the ball? Nope. Durant should go get those touches. He lacks that two-edged sword that Melo has in his belief that he can be a hero. Durant is not a killer, yet.

It really is a two way relationship. I'll go as far as saying Durant encourages YNB's tendencies. I don't know the very moment it all started and i'm not saying it's just one guy, precisely there's this dynamic at play where Durant will just fade, and I refuse to believe it's just the doing of Westbrook. It's the two of them.

As far as the defense goes, I'm sorry but what the reel shows is that Westbrook eventually gets discouraged, but he's busting his ass like crazy over a trillion screens, getting very incompetent help. I'm 100% sure that Pop does not think that YNB is a defensive liability: he precisely tries to help Parker so that it's not just one on one, b/c Russell's lateral mobility is second to none, and he's a physical machine.

But I mean, come on... That game was crazy. Props to all should be in order, we agree on that, yet we are here dissecting the flaws of the best glass of wine we sipped in a while.

DY_nasty

Westbrook loses his mind routinely.

If anything, this is him showing tremendous poise in the face of adversity. Dude loses his cool all the time.

Gabyskra

Banned
DY said:
Westbrook loses his mind routinely.

If anything, this is him showing tremendous poise in the face of adversity. Dude loses his cool all the time.

Yeah, I edited my post as you did yours...

But I mean, come on... That game was crazy. Props to all should be in order, we agree on that, yet we are here dissecting the flaws of the best glass of wine we sipped in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom