• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
At what point do you stop blaming Westbrook and start blaming the coaches?
I was half-hoping that the Clips would be dumb enough to try and overpay Brooks so we could go after someone else.

Scotty is a good coach, but he's far too rigid and predictable, IMO. Great developmental assistant coach and motivator, but his Xs and Os leave a lot to be desired.

I was half-wondering the other day if Phil Jackson would even consider coming to OKC.

I like how espn coverage is news to you guys. Sometimes it seems like some of you just started watching sports a week ago. "espn covers big stars!?!" " stars get more calls than other players?!?!"

Meanwhile this forum just goes in circles the same way ESPN does.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I was half-hoping that the Clips would be dumb enough to try and overpay Brooks so we could go after someone else.

Scotty is a good coach, but he's far too rigid and predictable, IMO. Great developmental assistant coach and motivator, but his Xs and Os leave a lot to be desired.

I was half-wondering the other day if Phil Jackson would even consider coming to OKC.

To coach the kind of talent OKC has? You'd have to think so.

I like how espn coverage is news to you guys. Sometimes it seems like some of you just started watching sports a week ago. "espn covers big stars!?!" " stars get more calls than other players?!?!"

Meanwhile this forum just goes in circles the same way ESPN does.

Dude please stop trying to make us seem stupid for thinking it's stupid the Heat are favored by the refs. They play 8 on 5.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Who was the officiating crew last night?

the-three-stooges-2.jpg

As a Lakers fan, when Timmy gets his 5th ring, I don't think there will be any denying that he places higher than both Kobe and Shaq on the all-time greats list.

As a Lakers fan, when Timmy gets his 5th ring, I don't think there will be any denying that he places higher than both Kobe and Shaq on the all-time greats list.

To me he's already been way above Shaq. When he gets that 5th ring though I think there will be no disputing that Tim is greater than Kobe. He's already the greatest PF ever to me.

Dude please stop trying to make us seem stupid for thinking it's stupid the Heat are favored by the refs. They play 8 on 5.

You truely believe the league you love is rigged? You believe stern actually calls that games refs and tells them to specifically give more calls to the heat so that they can win? If so honestly why would you watch?

Do refs favor stars absolutely, been happening for a long time. Obviously players who go to the basket a ton of times are going to get more fouls. Last night was ugly, it happens. The best teams still win. If any of you think the refs are the real reason we will win this series I think you need you hea examined. Refs being stupid is a given in any sport, the best teams still find a way to win. Ref bitching is never a good excuse for a loss when there are a million more real basketball plays that can determine the outcome. And that's my take on it.

andthebeatgoeson

Does this surprise anybody?

Wally? I don't need any of this confirmation. I can just look at him and tell KG is a douche.

This Tim Duncan talk sounds a lot like being caught up in the moment.
But it's Tim Fuckin Duncan. Even Snaqs loved and respected him. Anytime, anyone gets 5 rings, you have to give him respect (ie Montell Jordan, err, Robert Horry). You can't ignore those rings, especially when everyone else was giving hotel sex to Kobe for 3.

I'll get around to watching it tonight after the Spurs game. Work schedule really prevents watching the late night games. I would call that doing something productive though I have no idea what your point is.

NBA refs favoring superstars or the home team is nothing new. Hell these same Celtics have been on the beneficial end of that treatment the past 4-5 seasons and even in the first two rounds this playoffs. And I would be shocked if they don't get more calls their way at their home games. Still Wade and Lebron drive to the rim more often that any player on the Celtics and they will always get to the FT line. Not saying the system is good or perfect, but it is what it is and all teams with super stars get the same benefit. Kobe now, Kobe and Shaq before, the Celtics big three, FThunder, Miami, and guys in the past going back to forever.

There is no conspiracy

I never said there was? I just said the reffing was bad? So historically bad that it absolutely decided the game?

Isn't that more than enough reason for me to complain?

I'm an OSU alum/fan, which requires a certain level of humility considering how much of a red-headed stepchild we've been to OU for most of our history. :)

Besides, sports really aren't worth getting truly salty over. I'm sure I'd be singing a different tune if we were getting beaten down by the Lakers, but no reasonable sports fan can get mad at what the Spurs are doing. We're witnessing history.

Not only that, I have a feeling that the Thunder will be better down the road for getting to see what it takes to be truly great first-hand.

I fucking hate you.

I hope Heat-age at least lets me swag out a little.

I like how espn coverage is news to you guys.

Uh, its not? Everyone here has bitched about it before, and will bitch about it again. Kinda like the reffing last night.

I don't understand how just because a situation has been shit for a long time, that means that we shouldn't bitch that the situation is shit.

I've always been a Tim fanboy.

Tim Duncan is arguablly the best PF ever, but to say getting his 5 ring puts him above Kobe is a bit of a stretch. He's playing great at 35 on a team that may win it all this year, but I think when the dust settles and both of them call it a day Kobe's career will be seen as overall more impressive.

jman2050

The funniest part of this morning from where I've been to are all the Celtics fans begging for sympathy. Boston persecution complex never goes away I guess.

Yeah there is no debate. There are thing about Kobe's game and talents that are more impressive to me but taken wholly on accomplishments Timmy is amazing.

You truely believe the league you love is rigged? You believe stern actually calls that games refs and tells them to specifically give more calls to the heat so that they can win? If so honestly why would you watch?

Do refs favor stars absolutely, been happening for a long time. Obviously players who go to the basket a ton of times are going to get more fouls. Last night was ugly, it happens. The best teams still win. If any of you think the refs are the real reason we will win this series I think you need you hea examined. Refs being stupid is a given in any sport, the best teams still find a way to win. Ref bitching is never a good excuse for a loss when there are a million more real basketball plays that can determine the outcome. And that's my take on it.

I never said it was rigged. Just because stars get more calls doesn't mean I can't say anything about it. Your boy D Wade goes to the rim with not intention of scoring just to draw fouls on defenders who go straight up. Does this seem right to you? I'll call that out every time. I love Dwight Howard but every time the refs call a bad foul in his favor I have something to say. I just hate that people think it's ok for the refs to take over games like this. I watch the NBA to see basketball not the Lebron and Wade show.

Emwitus

It's funny how eveyone has written of the heat already...I despise lebron but I honestly don't think they get man-handled like OKC. In my opinion, they are still the better team. Realistically tho, Timmy is going to own that series.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
It's funny how eveyone has written of the heat already...I despise lebron but I honestly don't think they get man-handled like OKC. In my opinion, they are still the better team. Realistically tho, Timmy is going to own that series.

Why do you think Miami is a better team than OKC? Even with Bosh?

Haha.

When Dallas won the Finals last year, the story wasn't that the Mavs won decisively in 6 but rather it was what is wrong with the Heat.

This year, when the Pacers were up 2-1, the story wasn't the Pacers, it was what does the Heat have to do to right the ship.

I can go on.

This is precisely why I never wanted to play the Heat. I know we'd never get much coverage anyway, but I know it'd be more with like the Celtics or something. Then again...

Beating

Lebron James
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Chris Bosh
Blake Griffin
Al Jefferson
and Paul Millsap

all in one postseason is pretty sweet. And I know everyone will be rooting for us against Miami and thats cool too.

Yeah there is no debate. There are thing about Kobe's game and talents that are more impressive to me but taken wholly on accomplishments Timmy is amazing.

Here is where I stand. If Timmy gets his #5, he will rank higher on the all time great list BUT I still take Kobe as the BETTER player. Meaning, putting accolades and rings aside, I place Kobe higher on the individual list than Timmy.

Emwitus

Why do you think Miami is a better team than OKC? Even with Bosh?

There best 3 players

Lebron>Durant
Wade>>>>westbrook
Bosh<<Harden (due to injury and based only on impact on a game)

They are a far better defensive team in transition, are far much better team on the break and also have better ball movement and 3 point shooting.

DY_nasty

There best 3 players

Lebron>Durant
Wade>>>>westbrook

They are a far better defensive team in transition, are far much better team on the break and also have better ball movement and 3 point shooting.

I can't

Emwitus

This is precisely why I never wanted to play the Heat. I know we'd never get much coverage anyway, but I know it'd be more with like the Celtics or something. Then again...

Beating

Lebron James
Chris Paul
Dwyane Wade
Kevin Durant
Russell Westbrook
James Harden
Chris Bosh
Blake Griffin
Al Jefferson
and Paul Millsap

all in one postseason is pretty sweet. And I know everyone will be rooting for us against Miami and thats cool too.

I think dallas did it better

Durant
Westbrook
Harden
Kobe
Pau
Bynum
Odom
Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Roy
Aldrige
Batum

There best 3 players

Lebron>Durant
Wade>>>>westbrook

Really Miami only has better transition defense right. That's what it seems like from watching both teams.

There best 3 players

Lebron>Durant
Wade>>>>westbrook

You truly are a special little fella.

I think dallas did it better

Durant
Westbrook
Harden
Kobe
Pau
Bynum
Odom
Lebron
Wade
Bosh
Roy
Aldrige
Batum

Yeah, there's was badass as shit.

You know, barring the fact that they got absolutely lucky and dodged the clear best team in the league because of a fluke injury on the last game of the regular season.

DY_nasty

Actually going by the stats, they are a virtual tie with miami on 3P% in the playoffs:

.359Miami vs .358 OKC

And this is when you apply what you see on the court...

Or hell, just ask yourself how many games it took for Miami to reach 2 3PT Fgs made in the same game.

More assists? Chicago was one of the league leaders in assists all year long. That offense was trash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom