• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What statement can they make by playing their starters during half the 4th quater against the Spurs 3rd string? It's not like this will rattle the Spurs. They will just try to do some changes and go out on Saturday with the same mindset they always do.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
I don't want the Spurs to go to the finals but I hate the Thunder more.

This game though? Shut it down. So much for the Spurs being the so-called invincible juggaurnaut in these playoffs.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Can't polish turds.

1yx6S.gif

KingGondo

Banned
What statement can they make by playing their starters during half the 4th quater against the Spurs 3rd string? It's not like this will rattle the Spurs. They will just try to do some changes and go out on Saturday with the same mindset they always do.
The Thunder don't make "statements," it's not their culture.

They were just making sure the lead was insurmountable.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true

that's not fair. it's not like the spurs played their 3rd string the entire game. OKC got up on them against parker, duncan and friends.

that's not fair. it's not like the spurs played their 3rd string the entire game. OKC got up on them against parker, duncan and friends.

That's why I said during the 4th quarter. This was an extremely impressive game by OKC, but as I said before, I'm not surprised because they are an incredibly good team. Remember, not all Spurs fans are like JT. :p

It sucks to lose so bad, especially after getting used to winning so much, but OKC has played well all series and shown no signs of rolling over. If this was something like the Celtics game last night I'd be pretty down, but they just came out and beat that ass tonight.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Spurs just need to limit their turnovers. Too many easy scores for OKC tonight

True but they had a lot of turnovers even in the games they won, the Thunder just figured out a way to take advantage of it today.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
And like someone said before......Get physical with this spurs team and you have a chance.
The Thunder aren't a tough team and that isn't why they've bothered the Spurs.

The length of OKC on the perimeter, and specifically Thabo on Parker, has been huge. Their bigs no longer spend half of the shot clock wandering through no man's land.

Spurs just need to limit their turnovers. Too many easy scores for OKC tonight

this ass beating was beyond turnovers. thabo destroyed parker on defense. it'll be interesting to see how the spurs rebound.

i always find it funny in basketball when a team wins a game or two and suddenly they are invincible. like when the thunder blew the lakers out game 1 and people said they would run them out of the gym in 4 straight but then it turned out the lakers really should have won the series. then you have the unstoppable spurs and they're going to roll through the thunder in 4

Cloudy

Banned
Hey konex this game clearly proves the Thunder got this in 6 right?

Thunder have this series, right?

Say it

Say it

SAY IT AND SIGN THE CONTRACT IN BLOOD.

Spurs in 7 I think. You need a Kobe/Dirk-type player to keep the game close in OKC. Stars who can still score a ton in slow-paced games. Not gonna win a track meet there

Cloudy

Banned
this ass beating was beyond turnovers. thabo destroyed parker on defense. it'll be interesting to see how the spurs rebound.

Actually I think the turnovers set the tone for this game. Got the crowd involved early and had the Thunder believing. Could have been a totally different game in Spurs got up big early.

Also, Spurs changed their offense cos of the turnovers and started trying to post up the ghost of Tim Duncan. That is where this game was lost. Duncan is a shell...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Actually I think the turnovers set the tone for this game. Got the crowd involved early and had the Thunder believing. Could have been a totally different game in Spurs got up big early.

Also, Spurs changed their offense cos of the turnovers and started trying to post up the ghost of Tim Duncan. That is where this game was lost. Duncan is a shell...

Yeah, that's actually pretty spot on.

Tim Duncan is still productive and can be leaned on for a possession or two, but they were forcefeeding him tonight. That should never happen at this stage of his career or on this kind of team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom