• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
You guys must never read or listen to Simmons. Not a terrible choice on your part though.

it's bad enough I have to read some of the post in here... why would I want to listen to a guy get paid to make the same stupid comments?

it's bad enough I have to read some of the post in here... why would I want to listen to a guy get paid to make the same stupid comments?

If e-mail conversions with his friends you don't know with references you don't care about isn't enough for you, then I can't help. Now here's my fantasy team and 5000 words on reality tv.

Can't believe I missed Chuck's reaction to this abomination

AfQEP.jpg

Emwitus

OKC would run all over Miami, they have way too much energy. The Spurs were beating them with ball movement and you saw how the small fast lineup changed that. Now imagine Miami's stagnant "LeBron/Wade drives and kicks" offense against them

Some people have a really short memory eh?

Fjordson

I don't get the whole glasses thing with NBA players the last year or two. I'm sure it's been explained sometime before somewhere, but...really weird.

Missed the game because I was on a date. Just saw the box score. I don't know how many of those turnovers were forced or stupid plays on our part, but I'm sure Pop will tear the team a new asshole and get that fixed for game 4

Simmons does say a lot of stupid things, but I really enjoyed his book and I think he just saying a lot of shit just to say it.

If you don't read his stuff often you miss out on a lot of obvious jokes or just sarcasm.

Vestal

Last night proves that a series does not start till someone losses at home... If OKC wins tomorrow then all the pressure turns over to the Spurs. Same with the Miami/Boston series, if Boston wins tonight and sunday then all the Boston doom and gloom will be placed on Miami.

However there is a distinction to be made between the two series. OKC never really had a chance in game 1 or 2.. They weren't heartbreak games so they should have felt good going into game 3.. On the other hand Boston lost a close game 2 were they had control of the game for the most part, that one really hurt and I question how strong they will come out tonight..

I still hold to MIA in 5 and Spurs in 7.. But who knows... If the Spurs can't adjust to the defensive changes made by OKC it will be very interesting.. Playing deny ball on Manu really got the Spurs out of their comfort zone.

But who knows... If the Spurs can't adjust to the defensive changes made by OKC it will be very interesting.. Playing deny ball on Manu really got the Spurs out of their comfort zone.

Pop knows. If there's anyone who can come out with effective changes, it's Pop.

jmdajr

Someone pretty much put it into the right words....

I felt like I was watching History Channel last night not the NBA, because the last time San Antonio took a beating like that was the Alamo!

Vestal

I felt like I was watching History Channel last night not the NBA, because the last time San Antonio took a beating like that was the Alamo!

It wasn't as bad as getting swept in the first round last year.

JohnsonUT

The last time the Spurs took a beating like that, they rolled off a 20 game win streak.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
If Heat/Spurs finals does happen, Lebron on TP? If I was a coach I'd do it.

why would Spod put Lebron in the position to have to run/break through 2 or more PNR screens every time TP has the ball? they ran Westbrook ragged in game 2 by doing just that, and it clearly got to him that game.

why would Spod put Lebron in the position to have to run/break through 2 or more PNR screens every time TP has the ball? they ran Westbrook ragged in game 2 by doing just that, and it clearly got to him that game.

Lebron going to chase TP around through multiple pnr screens is not a good solution. It'll be like game 2 in my opinion except TP is consistent with his jumpshot.
Yea it probably wouldn't work ad would just make Lebron super tired. Chalmers might be the only one capable of running through multiple pnrs. Our priority should be shutting Parker out from setting up the offense and also we gotta make sure to close out on their 3pt shooters (not an easy task).

I went to sleep early and missed the game....................ouch. And what the fuck was Harden doing? Jax would have murdered that boy.

Wow Skip just said Harden instigated the MWP elbow.

He's not the first one to say it though. Well, instigated is a strong word here but basically Harden was trying to get to his face and once he got shoved a little, he'd flop his way to an offensive foul. It was even discussed in GAF. He wasn't expecting an elbow to his face though.

The speculation was pretty much solidified when MWP tweeted Harden flop vids.

disclaimer: I'm not saying that what MWP was okay, I'm just letting you know he's not the first one to say it.

KingGondo

Banned
Harden didn't "instigate" getting elbowed in the fucking head.

Harden probably meant to body up MWP, but *nothing* warrants what MWP did in retaliation.

It's like saying whoever threw that beer at Ron "instigated" the Malice at the Palace.

No. Ron's crazy ass did.

Harden probably meant to body up MWP, but *nothing* warrants what MWP did in retaliation.

It's like saying whoever threw that beer at Ron "instigated" the Malice at the Palace.

No. Ron's crazy ass did.

Harden was definitely instigating last night though. Surprised Jax didn't really react.

No. Ron's crazy ass did.

Nah, throwing shit on people usually leads to fights.

No. Ron's crazy ass did.

The guy who threw the beer did instigate malice, but bad comparison aside you're right.

Harden was baiting a reaction out of a crazy asshole. It's a good bball strategy that most coaches would applaud if not out right instruct their players to do. What isn't kosher on a ball court is throwing vicious elbows at head level.

ESPN needs to stop with the "Bron is more Magic/Pippen than MJ." How are they so ignorant to how different Pippen and Magic were?

I shudder to think in the future someone may say "Player X is more Deron Williams/ Loul Deng than Kobe."

What the fuck, Bron doesn't have a fraction of the skill or mental strength of Magic. He's quite clearly a more athletic Pippen.

Pippen on roids seems fitting.

We should expect more from members of society.

I get that MWP is a special, crazy case... but it still doesn't justify any of the shit he pulls.

We should, we really shouldn't try to skirt throwing beer on an entertainer. Sure Ron is cray, but um......instigate seems like the perfect word to describe what the guy in Detroit did.

How Reggie mind fucked Starks is great and completely acceptable, if a fan threw something at Miller then they're an instigating asshole. You could use "instigate" to describe Miller's trash talk or Harden's antics but it carries a negative connotation which we should avoid because what Harden and Miller did/do is alright when you're playing ball. It's not so acceptable when you're watching two guys play ball.

Go to the park and listen to the trash talk amongst players.....now while you're still watching start trashtalking them and watch as every player on the court looks at you like you better be a fast runner and if that isn't enough throw something at someone.

KingGondo

Banned
We should, we really shouldn't try to skirt throwing beer on an entertainer. Sure Ron is cray, but um......instigate seems like the perfect word to describe what the guy in Detroit did.
It's kind of a perfect shitstorm I guess. Ron Artest in a full, angry arena in Detroit.

It's reasonable to expect less of both Detroit and Ron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom