• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emwitus

The Thunder aren't a tough team and that isn't why they've bothered the Spurs.

The length of OKC on the perimeter, and specifically Thabo on Parker, has been huge. Their bigs no longer spend half of the shot clock wandering through no man's land.

Good point. Going to be interesting from here on out.

images

"I still gotta chance."

Yeah, that's actually pretty spot on.

Tim Duncan is still productive and can be leaned on for a possession or two, but they were forcefeeding him tonight. That should never happen at this stage of his career or on this kind of team.

Agreed, the Spurs are not a low post team anymore. Tim can get involved within the flow of the normal offense. No need to force him to get it done down low. He is not that kind of player anymore.

what nationality is thabo

Swiss, I think.

Actually I think the turnovers set the tone for this game. Got the crowd involved early and had the Thunder believing. Could have been a totally different game in Spurs got up big early.

Also, Spurs changed their offense cos of the turnovers and started trying to post up the ghost of Tim Duncan. That is where this game was lost. Duncan is a shell...

but he compromised everything the spurs were trying to do on offense. if parker can't use the screens and break down the defense then the spurs offense doesn't work

pilonv1

Yeah, that's actually pretty spot on.

Tim Duncan is still productive and can be leaned on for a possession or two, but they were forcefeeding him tonight. That should never happen at this stage of his career or on this kind of team.

Who's to say Pop didn't deliberately change the strategy to limit the Thunder being able to stop their normal gameplan?

Cloudy

Banned
but he compromised everything the spurs were trying to do on offense. if parker can't use the screens and break down the defense then the spurs offense doesn't work

The obvious adjustment is to bring in Manu earlier or even start him. Then just run screen and roll with either of them..

So I just got a fortune cookie that says

"Luck will visit you on the next full moon"

Next full moon is on Monday

Spurs play game 5 on Monday

Therefore, Spurs in 5.

Canuck76

Banned
Guys,

guys

this was my face when Brooks was losing it

images

In all seriousness though this is just disappointing to watch. Just a terribad offense that really, i think would be hugely entertaining if stuff was run for Ibaka and Sef and some of the other guys too besides "sit here and pop 3's, play good D and always pass to Westbrook"

Seriously when Sef blew by those dudes i was really impressed. Played good D on kobe in the laker series as well.

Guys who is this prophet of basketball and where do his powers come from?

OKC would run all over Miami, they have way too much energy. The Spurs were beating them with ball movement and you saw how the small fast lineup changed that. Now imagine Miami's stagnant "LeBron/Wade drives and kicks" offense against them

LOL no. It would be a really exciting, fast-paced series that would be pretty evenly matched. Do you not remember the game in the regular season?

I think tonight will be the toughest one of all for 16-0. If we win I like our chances at closing it out in game 4...hopefully OKC will lay down and die; I'm not too worried about us being complacent given our track record. Either Finals matchup is easier than this Thunder team so a sweep there is more likely than in the conference finals...

Pretty hyped, but my optimism is wavering. Its going to be very hard.

Spurs by 22. Game will be over by the 3rd.

Literally Konex'd his own team.

You were off by only 2 points.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Is it wrong for me to want this series to go seven games? If the Spurs or Zombie Sonics come out gassed, and the Heat are well rested, does that help?

TRios Zen

Took one on the chin tonight, only Spur that looked interested in winning was S-Jax. Props to OKC for playing great defense and with a ton of energy.

Twenty-One in a row, too much to ask for? F**king Spurs.

Just kidding - Spurs in 5!

giri

Is it just me, or does anyone else HATE it when OKC are referred to as the zombie sonics? it's just such a stupid idiom.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Is it just me, or does anyone else HATE it when OKC are referred to as the zombie sonics? it's just such a stupid idiom.

first time I have ever heard it... not bad :D

but I think I will stick with the Plunder

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom