• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobLoblaw

Banned
No.

They'll take another year to blow it up, this will be put at the feet of bosh being injured.
Fair enough, but the amount of pressure on Pat Riley to make some kinda change would be huge. Bosh is a big part of their game, but when you have Lebron and Wade, they're supposed to pick up the slack. One already has a chip and is a certified killer and the other is arguably the top player in the league skill-wise.

Tom Penny

No, I'm talking about this Miami team, sans Bosh. They're better than Boston, easily. I still expect them to win in 6 games. But they don't look like they're even trying half the time.

Shouldn't your team have beat Miami? Boston could have been up 3 to 1 or Miami. Miami isn't that much worse without Bosh that's more shots and touches for Wade and Lebron.

scaled.php

Better to take a low% shot than give one of your best shooters a wide open shot http://yfrog.com/khlvdlhj.

At this point fans are more likely to call you scared for hitting the open man for the win than calling you selfish for jacking up a bad shot for the loss.

INSANITY.

WADE WAS WILLING TO TAKE THE SHOT THOUGH AND THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS

Yeah, pretty stupid decision making by Wade.

In Wade's career he's taken 15 potentially game winning 3's with 30 sec or less left in the game. He's made 2.

CLUTCH GENE

Vahagn

Better to take a low% shot than give one of your best shooters a wide open shot http://yfrog.com/khlvdlhj.

At this point fans are more likely to call you scared for hitting the open man for the win than calling you selfish for jacking up a bad shot for the loss.

INSANITY.

How was Chalmers shot any better a shot than Wade's? Wade pump faked and had an uncontested shot and more than enough time to gather himself. At the very best Chalmers would have gotten a 3 point shot off that's about the same level of clean look as Wade.

Yes Chalmers is a better 3pt shooter % wise, but that's not very solid as most of Chalmers 3 point shots don't have nearly the same kind of defensive pressure that Wade deals with. If both players shot the same kind of wide open shots that Chalmers usually gets, I'm sure Wade's % would jump 10 percent. I imagine at least one of out every 10 three point shots he takes is altered by the defense that Chalmers almost never deals with.

You're complaining about the best player on the floor shooting an uncontested 3 pt shot to win the game on the road, that's a damn clean look and it's silly to suggest otherwise.

How was Chalmers shot any better a shot than Wade's? Wade pump faked and had an uncontested shot and more than enough time to gather himself. At the very best Chalmers would have gotten a 3 point shot off that's about the same level of clean look as Wade.

Yes Chalmers is a better 3pt shooter % wise, but that's not very solid as most of Chalmers 3 point shots don't have nearly the same kind of defensive pressure that Wade deals with.

You're complaining about the best player on the floor shooting an uncontested 3 pt shot to win the game on the road, that's a damn clean look and it's silly to suggest otherwise.

Should the Lakers have had Shaq shoot midrange jumpers to end games?

So, when Miami loses this round or in the finals (it's happening either way), is this a potential blowup like the Lakers are contemplating or just a handful of changes? I say fire Spo, trade Wade (blasphemy, I know), pick up a solid center, and get a real bench.

I'd say they are gonna keep Wade,Lebron and Bosh, also keep Chalmers and Battier, maybe Joel and keep Cole for the future.

But everyone else is gone, Mike Miller will be the first cut/traded

Discount double check Novak will get $$$$$$ from Pat

giri

Fair enough, but the amount of pressure on Pat Riley to make some kinda change would be huge. Bosh is a big part of their game, but when you have Lebron and Wade, they're supposed to pick up the slack. One already has a chip and is a certified killer and the other is arguably the top player in the league skill-wise.

It's the problem with having extremely top heavy rosters. This was always a risk when the heat spent 95% of their cap on 3 players. One goes down, it makes a HUGE impact on your ability to win in the play offs.

But wade has struggled to get in a rythm all playoffs. And when the Heat win, are the games he's scored 20+ essentially.

They lose if he doesn't.

giri

I'd say they are gonna keep Wade,Lebron and Bosh, also keep Chalmers and Battier, maybe Joel and keep Cole for the future.

And how? The heat have no money to spend.

Vahagn

Should the Lakers have had Shaq shoot midrange jumpers to end games?

Read above, you're confusing a very make-able shot by Wade with something out of Shaq's offensive repertoire.

And you're confusing the wide open shots Chalmers gets routinely with the contested shots Wade gets routinely. The difference in probability between a few % points doesn't make one shot stupid

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)

Yeah, with all that cap space...

Yes Chalmers is a better 3pt shooter % wise, but that's not very solid as most of Chalmers 3 point shots don't have nearly the same kind of defensive pressure that Wade deals with. If both players shot the same kind of wide open shots that Chalmers usually gets, I'm sure Wade's % would jump 10 percent. I imagine at least one of out every 10 three point shots he takes is altered by the defense that Chalmers almost never deals with.

That's quite the suggestion there. Too bad you have zero proof to back it up.

ima back out of this now

Read above, you're confusing a very make-able shot by Wade with something out of Shaq's offensive repertoire.

And you're confusing the wide open shots Chalmers gets routinely with the contested shots Wade gets routinely. The difference in probability between a few % points doesn't make one shot stupid

Whatever, the argument right now is fair enough, but people are just saying to stop criticizing a guy for passing the ball for a better shot

Wade is the best player on the court when he's on, but he's so on/off from game to game or even during the course of a game. He reminds me of a Josh Beckett. Insanely talented, arrogant, great but you can't really count on him to be there for sure. Otherwise, Rondo is the best 48 minute player on the court, and is a sure thing. He's really making this a punching match with the Heat. KG's also been very good.

I think Miami taking Boston is really all about Wade though, but he's kind of an enigma to me. I hate seeing the way he walks down court and seeming generally passive for good stretches.

Fuck this shit. I'm going to go watch Supernatural.

Vahagn

That's quite the suggestion there. Too bad you have zero proof to back it up.

Clearly you've never played a basketball game.

Anyone who has knows that shooting wide open shots isn't the same as shooting shots with a hand in your face...good defense alters shots. Stop being a dumbass just to argue.

giri

Look, i'm not condoning stars passing it to team mates to take the load off of themselves. But if the choice is between Chalmers or Wade shooting an open 3 to save my life, i'm taking Chalmers.

At least wade had the stones to let it all ride on his shoulders.

Emwitus

Man watching the Heat play all the time can be the roughest time for a fan. At least if your team sucks, you accept it as the norm. If they're consistently good it's cool. But watching a team that has so much potential and 2 of the best players in the world fuck up so much is tough. You catch glimpses of that potential and feel like you're on top of the world, then you have to sit and watch the first half of tonight's game.
'
Miami have to dump everyone apart from the big 3 and do a spurs like quick rebuild. Cheap young average players around the big 3.

EDIT: Actually, what they need to improve the most is their rebounding.

Vahagn

Whatever, the argument right now is fair enough, but people are just saying to stop criticizing a guy for passing the ball for a better shot

There's a difference between making a great play for someone else to get a great look, and simply deferring.

Lebron James usually defers and passes up very make-able shots for himself on a routine basis in those situations.

Look, i'm not condoning stars passing it to team mates to take the load off of themselves. But if the choice is between Chalmers or Wade shooting an open 3 to save my life, i'm taking Chalmers.

At least wade had the stones to let it all ride on his shoulders.

And I wouldn't have said anything if he passed it to Chalmers for a wide open shot. But calling him stupid for getting himself open and shooting a clean shot is absurd.

"Get a clean make-able shot off" is what you want in the final seconds of a game. Shooting unnecessary shots over a double team, or from 35 feet out can be nitpicked. But criticizing that Wade play is just lulz. There are people here who define any isolation play as Hero Basketball.

thekad

Banned
There's a difference between making a great play for someone else to get a great look, and simply deferring.

Lebron James usually defers and passes up very make-able shots for himself on a routine basis in those situations.

Do you know what evidence is?

Emwitus

This isn't possible at all because they have no cap space or picks.

That's why i said cheap. Go deeper into the draft or into the D-league something like that...Spurs have a knack for scouting out good talent where other teams don't see. Maybe they need to fire there scouts and aggressively go after scouts from teams like the nuggets or spurs.

Vahagn

Do you know what evidence is?

Things are true before they're conclusively proven. The only thing conclusively proving something does, is shut dumbasses like you up.

By your asinine logic of providing hard measurable evidence before making a claim, all NBA coaches and personnel that ever mention "intangibles" should be fired on the spot for being so deluded about basketball

That's why i said cheap. Go deeper into the draft or into the D-league something like that...Spurs have a knack for scouting out good talent where other teams don't see. Maybe they need to fire there scouts and aggressively go after scouts from teams like the nuggets or spurs.

Heat don't run that way. They'll usually have 1 or 2 projects and very few "young" rotation players.

Riley is either contending with veterans or complete "Eddie Jones/Ricky Davis 1st option" shit

remember when vahagn was telling people to chill with the name calling? good times

Clearly you've never played a basketball game.

Anyone who has knows that shooting wide open shots isn't the same as shooting shots with a hand in your face...good defense alters shots. Stop being a dumbass just to argue.
Not arguing that

But, if I had to take a Wade 3 vs a Chalmers 3, I am taking the Chalmers 3, regardless of the fact that Wade is better overall

DJ88

Right, and then when he took that shot in Game 2 it was "Why didn't he drive and take a closer shot?" which is what Wade should have done instead of taking a shot he's missed all year, but of course he is a man for shooting it.

Vahagn

remember when vahagn was telling people to chill with the name calling? good times

I always do it after someone does it to me. TheKad does it regularly.

Right, and then when he took that shot in Game 2 it was "Why didn't he drive and take a closer shot?" which is what Wade should have done instead of taking a shot he's missed all year, but of course he is a man for shooting it.

I don't say "he should drive it". I've always maintained that getting a clean mid-range jump shot off is the best option in the final seconds of a close tied-2 point game. Refs swallow their whistles and teams pack in the paint. But I differ from NBA Gaf on this.

In fact I spent considerable time defending Lebron's shot choice after that game, I did make fun of him for missing though because, well it's fun.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

When are you going to give King Chalmers his respect?

Lets be honest here. The Celtics played a great half, should've been up by 20 and instead needed to win over time by a two points. Boston isn't going to go up by 20 in Miami and they're. I honestly can't see Boston winning one more game, let alone the series. Miami will win and will go onto the finals where they will win with Bosh returning. It's a lock.

Vahagn

Lets be honest here. The Celtics played a great half, should've been up by 20 and instead needed to win over time by a two points. Boston isn't going to go up by 20 in Miami and they're. I honestly can't see Boston winning one more game, let alone the series. Miami will win and will go onto the finals where they will win with Bosh returning. It's a lock.

Sure, If Miami plays to their potential. But they win any game in which they do that.

You under-estimate Lebron's ability to quit on his team...He could very well do it in one of the next 3 games and cost them the series.

I want evidence of a post where I have name called.

For the record, My name isn't Vag.

So last year Brandy decided to be the cowardly Dark Knight and this year you wanna be Jekyll and Hyde

I C

Cloudy

Banned
Why is anyone bashing LeBron for this game? His only mistake was not jacking a long 3 at the end of regulation before the defense swarmed him. Game was tied, why pass that off?

clearly evident what youre trying to do.

Vahagn

As we speak, vahagn is combing through thousands of posts to find me name-calling.

Not at all, I edited the post above yours to reply to you.

For one, my name isn't Vag or Vaggy. Those actually are a reference to vagina, so yea...you do it on practically every post.

thekad

Banned

For one, my name isn't Vag or Vaggy. Those actually are a reference to vagina, so yea...you do it on practically every post.

Where have I called you vag?

Evidence.

You say I do it on practically every post.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Yeah, and mods didn't turn Trax into Blackface

how you gonna try and go ham on everyone then turn cat when you feel like being a victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom