• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

has anyone looked at the app store description for doodle jump since the beginning of the playoffs? seriously made me laugh because i hadn't noticed this:
Photo%20Jun%2003%2C%209%2022%2038%20PM.png

Vahagn

Yeah, and mods didn't turn Trax into Blackface

how you gonna try and go ham on everyone then turn cat when you feel like being a victim?

What?

As we speak, vahagn is combing through thousands of posts looking for where I have ever called him "vag."

Dude, I don't think I've ever searched someone's posts for any reason whatsoever to bring something up from the past. Just don't care enough to do that

Lets be honest here. The Celtics played a great half, should've been up by 20 and instead needed to win over time by a two points. Boston isn't going to go up by 20 in Miami and they're. I honestly can't see Boston winning one more game, let alone the series. Miami will win and will go onto the finals where they will win with Bosh returning. It's a lock.

I don't know.

Boston has arguably played better than the Heat in 3 out of the 4 games so far. It's just Boston can't put together a complete dominant game, they tend to go brain dead for a quarter and a half each game, so they always have to grind it out. But they have played better overall the last three games.

Game 5 rests in Wade's hands. He needs to score at least 27 for the game and have one God-like quarter for the Heat to have a chance on Tuesday. Also when Wade gets his swag, then Lebron typically plays more loose and relaxed in the 4th quarter. Aside from a couple of shots here and there, Lebron has mostly been ineffective/non-active offensively in the 4th quarter and OT in the last couple of games.

KD gave an example last game of how to take over in the 4th when the game is on the line. Lebron is STILL very hesitant in the 4th. Wade has been too inconsistent lately and Spo isn't capable of giving the team any kind of direction late in the games.

That said, the role players have been playing excellent in Miami. So you never know the Heat could blow the game wide open early and maintain a comfortable lead throughout.

It will definitely be some entertaining shameball on Tuesday.

I was hoping to end this series while I was at home but I will be out of town on thursday and saturday. Oh well last year I celebrated the Bulls win out of town as well so maybe its an omen.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I'm so sorry Vaggy :(

Is my nickname for you making you catch feelings?

Vahagn

Oh snapplecakes. It's accurate but cmon, Ray lol

I meant to reply to your post but got caught up in this other nonsense.

Lebron can be blamed because other than that Made 3 and the flop with Garnett, everything else he did in the fourth quarter and overtime wasn't good. Missed a bunch of shots, had a few turnovers (offensive foul calls). He's not the reason they lost or anything, but he didn't play a blameless game either.

People are acting like it's crazy to expect the best player in the NBA in his prime to be able to take over close games routinely and win them. There used to be a fear with guys like Jordan and Kobe of being in close games where the other team would be scared that they were going to lose. I don't think anyone in the NBA (or fans of other teams) are afraid to be in a close game with Lebron because of Lebron.

They might be afraid because of the refs, but I doubt anyone fears Lebron in those situations. And when you're the best player in the league in your prime...that's not how it should be.

Man, I read through that OP and saw this:

What are your expectations for Ramon Sessions as a Laker? Stats, impact, star-status etc.

Let's have it all in a thread we can easily come back to before he becomes an perennial Allstar playing in a backcourt with Kobe and folks say they knew it all along (Gasol effect lol)

You already know.

RIGHT ON CUE

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...sh-miami-heat-return-game-5-according-sources

BOSTON -- With the Eastern Conference finals headed for a tense finish, the Miami Heat appear ready to try to get their missing All-Star on the floor.

According to multiple sources, the Heat are hoping to activate Chris Bosh for Tuesday's Game 5 if he doesn't suffer a setback in workouts over the next two days. Bosh declined to discuss his status following the Heat's 93-91 overtime loss to the Boston Celtics on Sunday, which tied the series at 2-2.

Sanjuro

“I know how to play the game of basketball,” James said. “I don't need the advantage of holding somebody or pushing somebody down.”

James, in particular, was upset about the off-the-ball fouls called on him, and said he didn't think he should have been called for the charge foul Mickael Pietrus drew in overtime which made him a spectator the rest of the night.

“I don't foul out,” he continued. “If I'm going to foul out [on] that sixth foul, I wish I earned it.”

“I know how to play the game of basketball,” James said. “I don't need the advantage of holding somebody or pushing somebody down.”

James, in particular, was upset about the off-the-ball fouls called on him, and said he didn't think he should have been called for the charge foul Mickael Pietrus drew in overtime which made him a spectator the rest of the night.

“I don't foul out,” he continued. “If I'm going to foul out [on] that sixth foul, I wish I earned it.”

2Q32D.jpg

giri

Like someone said on that twitter feed, the angle makes the pass look alot easier than it is.

It's pretty much as unbiased an angle as you can get..........

And with 51 (dooling?) having their back to the ball, they won't be interfering with the pass it self....

Emwitus

It's pretty much as unbiased an angle as you can get..........

And with 51 (dooling?) having their back to the ball, they won't be interfering with the pass it self....

AuhK1FkCEAAT6wo.jpg

Daniel was hanging back looking right at wade with an eye on chalmers too. If wade made the pass, which would have to be an over the head pass then daniels would have enough time to close in on it. If it was a straight pass then maybe but it doesn't look like it is. Also, dooling was running straight to him at the time.

giri

AuhK1FkCEAAT6wo.jpg

Daniel was hanging back looking right at wade with an eye on chalmers too. If wade made the pass, which would have to be an over the head pass then daniels would have enough time to close in on it. If it was a straight pass then maybe but it doesn't look like it is.

It's a straight pass.

Wade is standing a long way back there.

And Chalmers is REALLY open there.

/me shrug.

Emwitus

It's a straight pass.

Wade is standing a long way back there.

Almost at half court by the way. How long do you think it takes for the ball to get to chalmers and for daniels to close in? And at the same time dooling is running to him after the cut( Which looked like a good play after watching that video)
EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bkXBnul9KN0#t=7s

Actually the video does a better job of showing how that pass could have easily been intercepted. He was open for like a fraction of a second. Such a falsely dramatic photo.

Almost at half court by the way. How long do you think it takes for the ball to get to chalmers and for daniels to close in? And at the same time dooling is running back to him on transition.

EDIT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=bkXBnul9KN0#t=7s

Actually the video does a better job of showing how that pass could have easily been intercepted. He was open for like a fraction of a second. Such a falsely dramatic photo.

Rondo cpuldve made the pass. Obviously Wade is no Rondo.

Vahagn

If that pass is made, Daniels either intercepts it or closes out and Dooling recovers and they most likely double team him by the sideline and force a turnover or a travel. It may have resulted in an open shot for Chalmers or may not have, but Wade got an open shot.

Complaining about him not passing there is silly, he's not doubled and Chalmers can be closed out on by 2 people.

Gigglepoo

Plays should just run through Chalmers down the stretch. Why not? He can drive, shoot, and pass. If the defense collapse, Wade or LeBron will be wide open. What's there to lose? The kid can play.

giri

Can someone explain to me how daniels, standing 7ft off of wade, is intercepting that pass?

He's not even going to affect the pass.

He's playing wade for the drive, not the pass, not the 35ft 3pt shot.

Daniels is a decent defender, but he doesn't ACTUALLY have teleportation abilities.

Right, the above is about rondo. Daniels is guarding Battier? You think he's going to leave Battier to gamble that a pass might be made? He's no where near it, and he HAS to stick with the man cutting, you don't leave the guy going to the hoop open, to close out on a 3pt shooter that doesn't have the ball.

Thats just made up.

That pass was entirely makeable.

If it was the right play or not is something else.

Can you pass it to Mario in the clutch with 8 seconds left in the game in a pivotal playoff game? Sure, he's been more clutch than the two superstars lately.

However that wasn't a straight-forward WIDE open pass like some of you are saying. It's not like Wade drew a double team and Mario was wide open with no defenders in the vicinity. Wade is standing nearly at half-court with single coverage and Mario only ends up being open for literally only a second with defenders in position to recover easily. With that much time on the clock it's better for Wade to see if something else develops. The Heat only needed two points and I would take my chances with Wade driving to the hoop and possibly drawing superstar foul call over Mario. It's just Wade chose to go for the game winner instead.

The pass to Mario was makable but I don't think it would have put the Heat in a such advantageous position as some people think. At best it would probably be a wash.

giri

Can you pass it to Mario in the clutch with 8 seconds left in the game in a pivotal playoff game? Sure, he's been more clutch than the two superstars lately.

However that wasn't a straight-forward WIDE open pass like some of you are saying. It's not like Wade drew a double team and Mario was wide open with no defenders in the vicinity. Wade is standing nearly at half-court with single coverage and Mario only ends up being open for literally only a second with defenders in position to recover easily. With that much time on the clock it's better for Wade to see if something else develops. The Heat only needed two points and I would take my chances with Wade driving to the hoop and possibly drawing superstar foul call over Mario. It's just Wade chose to go for the game winner instead.

The pass to Mario was makable but I don't think it would have put the Heat in a such advantageous position as some people think. At best it would probably be a wash.

Wtf, are you on about.

It was a set play, the screen was drawn up, the pass isn't made while he's open. It's made as he's getting open, so when he's open, he catches and shoots.

This wasn't some, accidentally got open thing. By the time chalmers is where he's at in that photo, the ball should have been passed.

That is a regulation pass for a regulation play.

Resilient

That pass is makeable, and by the time the ball gets to Chalmers he would have been able to make the shot comfortably, granted he would have had to take it quickly, but he would have had enough time to gather and shoot. Daniels is not gonna get there fast enough. It was a set play, he didn't get open by mistake like giri said. Wade should have passed it out to Chalmers and let him take the last shot, but his plan b wasn't all that bad like u guys are making it. Wade can hit that shot, he just didn't this time.

Also, Dooling would have gotten there only if Wade took so long to pass it which he obviously did, hence no pass from Wade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom