• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

linsivvi

Good thing we got pass the last page. It was like 2 kids yelling at each other.

You did it. No, you did it first. I'm gonna tell mom.

WTF guys.

Vestal

So it appears Bosh will be a go for Game 5...

All we need from him is about 15min of play to stretch out that floor.

Come on Chris, give me 10pnts and 5rebs.. Give us that and the game is a lock.

If Chris is atleast 80% this series ends in 6.. Him just being in the game will make it 10x easier for Wade and Bron..

So it appears Bosh will be a go for Game 5...

All we need from him is about 15min of play to stretch out that floor.

Come on Chris, give me 10pnts and 5rebs.. Give us that and the game is a lock.

If Chris is atleast 80% this series ends in 6.. Him just being in the game will make it 10x easier for Wade and Bron..

Chris just standing there at the elbow and being the screen man is already more helpful than anything Joel or Haslem usually do on offense

I really hope he's fully healed though. I would hate for him to re-aggravate that and possibly tear....ouch

Vestal

Chris just standing there at the elbow and being the screen man is already more helpful than anything Joel or Haslem usually do on offense

I really hope he's fully healed though. I would hate for him to re-aggravate that and possibly tear....ouch

UD has been pretty good.. However Anthony is worthless against the Celtics due to their style of play and roster.

but I agree I hope he is fully healed. Then again its now or never. We need him on the floor.

Resilient

Would you rather Bosh miss the rest of the series and come back healthy, or put him back in and risk him aggravating? IMO you guys can get through this series without him as long as Bron doesn't bail out on the team in the next game. Are you thatworried you won't be able to grab another 2 games that you should risk Bosh? If he comes back early and the Heat make it to Finals and Bosh is out, it's gonna be way more painful a loss.

Vestal

Would you rather Bosh miss the rest of the series and come back healthy, or put him back in and risk him aggravating? IMO you guys can get through this series without him as long as Bron doesn't bail out on the team in the next game. Are you thatworried you won't be able to grab another 2 games that you should risk Bosh? If he comes back early and the Heat make it to Finals and Bosh is out, it's gonna be way more painful a loss.

Well the series is possibly on the line tomorrow and right now the reason we have had such a difficult time these past 2 games has been Bostons interior defense, and no one able to guard KG consistently in the paint. You put Chris in and you force KG out of the paint on Defense, and on the other side he will have a much more difficult times getting Alley Ops and shooting over the long arms of Bosh.

effzee

Didn't read the thread or get to post but wow Miami's offense is painful to watch.

And it doesn't have to be. Both Wade and LBJ keep settling for jumpers when that's not the strongest part of their game. And while people shit on LBJ, Wade has been missing in action as well. Of course credit to the Celtics for playing top notch D.

And to top it off Miami's D has gone in hibernation as well. When they lose it really shows how much they miss Bosh in the middle.

Still think they win in 6.

Vestal

Didn't read the thread or get to post but wow Miami's offense is painful to watch.

And it doesn't have to be. Both Wade and LBJ keep settling for jumpers when that's not the strongest part of their game. And while people shit on LBJ, Wade has been missing in action as well. Of course credit to the Celtics for playing top notch D.

And to top it off Miami's D has gone in hibernation as well. When they lose it really shows how much they miss Bosh in the middle.

Still think they win in 6.

Bron and Wade have been taking more Jumpers just because they have no one to remove KG from the paint. If KG gets out of the paint for a cover thats when they take advantage and attack. Whenever KG is not on the floor Miami just pounds it to the paint over and over.

Seriously like I said the only hope we have of dealing with KG minus Bosh is to pray that he's expended all his energy and that he'll have Jamaal Magloire-like lift for the rest of the series. We gotta get Bosh back at some point---I read this is the type of injury that you're not really sure you've recovered from till you're in consistent action. Gotta do it at some point...

Vestal

Seriously like I said the only hope we have of dealing with KG minus Bosh is to pray that he's expended all his energy and that he'll have Jamaal Magloire-like lift for the rest of the series. We gotta get Bosh back at some point---I read this is the type of injury that you're not really sure you've recovered from till you're in consistent action. Gotta do it at some point...

Not to mention that even if we were up 3-1 id want to see him out there before the Finals..

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16

The heat have been in this series precisely because KG ends up so spent on the defensive end. He has no one to help him out inside this year. The heat have been able to get a lot of offensive rebounds because when someone drives inside KG has to try to stop them, meaning he can't position himself for the rebound, meaning the more athletic heat players can swoop in for the rebound ahead of guys like pierce, allen, and rondo.

Furthermore, KG is getting beat a lot off the dribble because he needs to play a kind of zone-defense that attempts to protect the paint while also contesting jump shooters.

And with no one to help out in the paint, KG can't defend perimeter players too closely, but he can't stay too far away from them so as to allow them totake an uncontested jumper, either. The result? A weakness in defending off the dribble that just didn't exist when the celtics could stuff the paint with big men. KG can't commit to close 1 on 1 defense because no one else can protect the paint, and he can't commit to closely defending the paint because that allows for open jumpers and lanes.

Vestal

The heat have been in this series precisely because KG ends up so spent on the defensive end. He has no one to help him out inside this year. The heat have been able to get a lot of offensive rebounds because when someone drives inside KG has to try to stop them, meaning he can't position himself for the rebound, meaning the more athletic heat players can swoop in for the rebound ahead of guys like pierce, allen, and rondo.

Furthermore, KG is getting beat a lot off the dribble because he needs to play a kind of zone-defense that attempts to protect the paint while also contesting jump shooters.

And with no one to help out in the paint, KG can't defend perimeter players too closely, but he can't stay too far away from them so as to allow them totake an uncontested jumper, either. The result? A weakness in defending off the dribble that just didn't exist when the celtics could stuff the paint with big men. KG can't commit to close 1 on 1 defense because no one else can protect the paint, and he can't commit to closely defending the paint because that allows for open jumpers and lanes.

Imagine if Bosh had played the past 4 games.. It would probably be 3-1 right now, maybe a sweep..

The Celtics' defense has still been amazing despite all of the potential problems and it doesn't change the fact that the Heat need to draw KG further away from the basket or hope he tires out.

Imagine if Bosh had played the past 4 games.. It would probably be 3-1 right now, maybe a sweep..

I can't be the only one who remembers that KG had Bosh for breakfast the last time they played in the regular season, am I? Obviously Bosh helps the Heat on O but I don't know about defensively.

They tend to let KG iso against Bosh, whereas they front/trap when he's being guarded by Haslem/Bron/Anthony.

I really wish Boston had a legitimate second option big to help KG out.

Stiemsma is a legit shot blocker and rebounder, but he gets rookie whistles like no one I've seen since Yao, can't stay on the floor.

Magilla

Banned
I hope Moore and Johnson get some good reps early next season, but knowing Doc I doubt it. Why groom new players when you can just shoot some volts through the corpse of Jermaine every season.

If Bosh returns and can even be 50% strength, Heat win running away. Boston simply can't handle all three of their stars. No team in the league can in a seven game series.

KingGondo

Banned
If Bosh returns and can even be 50% strength, Heat win running away. Boston simply can't handle all three of their stars. No team in the league can in a seven game series.
OKC or the Spurs beat the Heat even with Bosh back.

I especially like OKC's chances. Ibaka can guard Bosh, and Perk really gets in his head with his dirty physical play. And you'd be hard-pressed to find a better defensive duo against Wade and LBJ than Sefolosha and KD.

Except Dirk, Jet and some filler, right?

It's a shame that this board/thread probably won't be up tonight due to shenanigans on the gaming side, I really want to see reactions during the Thunder game.

KingGondo

Banned

It's a shame that this board/thread probably won't be up tonight due to shenanigans on the gaming side, I really want to see reactions during the Thunder game.
You won't be missing much if the Spurs win, except some showboating and "DAT GAME SIX WIN" and "JAXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" from our beloved former N*SYNC member.

You'll definitely miss some fireworks if OKC wins though. Meltdown city.

OKC or the Spurs beat the Heat even with Bosh back.

I especially like OKC's chances. Ibaka can guard Bosh, and Perk really gets in his head with his dirty physical play. And you'd be hard-pressed to find a better defensive duo against Wade and LBJ than Sefolosha and KD.

Heat can easily beat both, the spurs series is alot more dependent on a healthy Bosh though. He really beasts on that frontcourt. If he can hit his mid-range J's and space the court, SA really can't stop us on O.

OKC isn't scary at all. We took there best punchs in that last game and still came out on top. One of the most physical games I've seen in recent memory. The whole beat the Heat with physicality fallacy has failed so many times this season IDK why people still try to rely on simply that.

UD has been pretty good.. However Anthony is worthless against the Celtics due to their style of play and roster.

but I agree I hope he is fully healed. Then again its now or never. We need him on the floor.

Yea, was about to say. UD is giving quality minutes.

Last year the Mavs got hot at the right time. They shot out of their mind. Neither the Spurs nor Thunder will be able to pull that off.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The Celtics' defense has still been amazing despite all of the potential problems and it doesn't change the fact that the Heat need to draw KG further away from the basket or hope he tires out.

I find it a bit frustrating as a basketball fan to see how physical miami can be with their defense, with all the poking and reaching in they do, and yet Boston is the team that's getting called for all the fouls.

Both teams have tough defenses, but the celtics are a more fundamentally sound defense. Close man-to-man coverage with zoning and well timed switching/rotations. Heat are more ticky-tack, get in your physical space and poke away at you, yet every game seems to implly the opposite in the way the whistles go.

I know it's nothing new, but it is really, really jarring in this series because of hte different styles. You would think out of the following 4 scenarios, D would be least likely to happen:

A. Refs are quick on the whistle for both defenses
B. Refs let both teams play and don't blow the whistle much at all
C. Refs end up blowing the whistle more on the ticky-tack defense than the zone defense
D. Refs are quick on the whistle for the zone defense, let the ticky-tack defense play without much whistles at all.

KingGondo

Banned
Man, no wonder my video game usage has fallen off so much.

Turning iPads into extra controllers, shouting commands at the TV in Splinter Cell, fitness apps and motion-control bullshit...

Fuck that.

You always know exactly what to say to ease my anxiety. I just feel so safe when you are around.
hug1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom