• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

Watch Dogs, Halo 4, Ass 3, and 1313. That's it for me, so far.

Come on Nintendo, give us a 3DS with a second stick!

Pmx2C.jpg

Watch Dogs looks pretty neat but knowing Ubi Montreal's recent history it'll be more of a proof of concept that isn't that good of a game with Watch Dogs 2 actually being the full realized experience

LuchaShaq

Banned
Looking past us already? Talking dynasty?

I like your swagger

But we're going to tear you and your foolhardy dreams apart on wednesday

Don't ever underestimate the heart of a champion

Even if the Spurs win the rest of the games this post season, there wouldn't be a team I would bet on winning multiple chips in the next 5-10 years more than the Thunder.

Miami's supporting cast is too crap without trading wade (won't happen).

Chicago healthy isn't even a challenge for Miami let alone the West.

Kobe's attitude and # of shots will be the roadblock from allowing the Lakers to either be great or awful.

Celtics too old already

Spurs, not getting any younger but I trust RC/Pop more than anyone in sports so they would be my second choice but still FAR distant 2nd.

thekad

Banned
Yeah, AssCreed looked good too.

Watch Dogs looks pretty neat but knowing Ubi Montreal's recent history it'll be more of a proof of concept that isn't that good of a game with Watch Dogs 2 actually being the full realized experience

Then Watch Dogs 2.3 will be the quick cash grab that is ironically the best game in the series.

That was a fun game, despite a 2nd game in a row in the playoffs of inconsistent officiating.

I think the Spurs lost the game the first 5 minutes in the 1st. OKC looked like they weren't ready for the game or something and the Spurs just couldn't capitalize on it. And the terrible foul calls their way to start. After like 5 minutes I couldn't figure out how the Thunder were only down what...4? Should have been a 12+ point lead.

YNB got pretty bad at times in the 4th. Glad they tried to run the offense through Harden still, though.

Brooks made good adjustments, although his hand got a bit forced tonight out of it. I think Pop kind of fucked up playing Bonner/Blair and not enough Diaw. And he basically mind-fucked Green by starting Ginobili (that's fine) and then having Neal the first guard off the bench not replacing Parker. Green might as well be on a milk carton.

Spurs playing too much small-ball, which the Thunder want. More Diaw if they want to win, I think. And Splitter for Duncan when he needs a rest, not Bonner/Blair. JAAAAAXX has been astounding this series, however. The Spurs would be toast without him.

Durant is so fucking good. How did he even make some of those shots tonight? That up and under on jackson + ginobili.

Also, KINGS!

Branduil

Even if the Spurs win the rest of the games this post season, there wouldn't be a team I would bet on winning multiple chips in the next 5-10 years more than the Thunder.

Miami's supporting cast is too crap without trading wade (won't happen).

Chicago healthy isn't even a challenge for Miami let alone the West.

Kobe's attitude and # of shots will be the roadblock from allowing the Lakers to either be great or awful.

Celtics too old already

Spurs, not getting any younger but I trust RC/Pop more than anyone in sports so they would be my second choice but still FAR distant 2nd.

Any prediction that a team is going to be a 5+ ring dynasty in the current era is pretty ridiculous. How many 5+ ring dynasties are there in the last thirty years? It's really freaking hard to win more than 5 rings. Heck it's really hard to even repeat. Even if you keep all the same players, most of them aren't going to have the same kind of drive they did before. And like we saw last year, it's not always the best players, but the best team that wins.

This spurs team is starting to give me a 2010 Orlando de javu.....

Cleveland in '09. Same thing. Cake-walk two rounds against mediocre teams and/or hurt teams and then meet a good team that is battle tested. Difference is Spurs actually went up 2-0 while those lost their 1st and 3 of 4.

I still think OKC gave game 1 away by not playing their best players and now that it has been fixed, the big 3 for OKC is coming through. That Spurs depth has disappeared for 3 games. As I've always said, games are won by your top 6 (maybe 7), not the 8/9 guys. And OKC's top 6 is outplaying the Spurs top 6, here.

Any prediction that a team is going to be a 5+ ring dynasty in the current era is pretty ridiculous. How many 5+ ring dynasties are there in the last thirty years? It's really freaking hard to win more than 5 rings. Heck it's really hard to even repeat. Even if you keep all the same players, most of them aren't going to have the same kind of drive they did before. And like we saw last year, it's not always the best players, but the best team that wins.

The best team has the best players. Dirk was the best player last year in the playoffs. Dirk-Chandler-Kidd-Terry was the best 4some unit.

Emwitus

Cleveland in '09. Same thing. Cake-walk two rounds against mediocre teams and/or hurt teams and then meet a good team that is battle tested. Difference is Spurs actually went up 2-0 while those lost their 1st and 3 of 4.

I still think OKC gave game 1 away by not playing their best players and now that it has been fixed, the big 3 for OKC is coming through. That Spurs depth has disappeared for 3 games. As I've always said, games are won by your top 6 (maybe 7), not the 8/9 guys. And OKC's top 6 is outplaying the Spurs top 6, here.

The best team has the best players. Dirk was the best player last year in the playoffs. Dirk-Chandler-Kidd-Terry was the best 4some unit.

Yeah, and they take so many 3 attempts. Its frustrating when they don't go in....which in a sense is also how orlando team played and how they lost. Live and die by the 3 i guess. I'm starting to see how great that run by dallas last year was. Also, now you start to see how inexperience can hurt a team. There role players look so lost out there.

Boozer would never play that! I can't get jiggy with something Boozer would never dig.

Things you can't get jiggy with:

coming up big in a big game
gym bags
defense
proper hair
treating the blind with respect
coming back from injury too soon
coming back from injury on schedule
blocking shots

So that Watch Dogs game looks pretty good. That, Last of Us, 1313, and Halo 4 seem to be the only interesting ones shown so far.

I actually agree with you on everything EXCEPT 1313.

Looks like a UC rip-off (ass someone else already said, complete with the Nathan Drake grunts.

Replace that with Zod Of Gwar and it's a deal.

thekad

Banned
Assbrook is being carried. Has like a 35TS% for the series.

Nothing's really been shown of 1313 yet aside from its graphics. It's actual demo is tomorrow. There's a lot of different places they can go with it way separated from Uncharted.

12 assists tonight. almost 8apg average for the series.

His shooting has been erratic, as his shot selection at times, but he is distributing the ball pretty well in the series and until tonight without the turnovers. And in fairness, most of his TOs tonight weren't on passes.

Cloudy

Banned
This series changed when OKC's bigs started playing well. Funny how the conventional wisdom was that they needed to go small. Also, using Thabo on Parker is huge factor as well. Spurs can't win with him having bad games...

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Nothing's really been shown of 1313 yet aside from its graphics. It's actual demo is tomorrow. There's a lot of different places they can go with it way separated from Uncharted.

6TOs don't even do him justice. He flat out gave the ball away or fucked over a possession at least a dozen times in tonight's game alone.

He did everything in his power to sabotage the Thunder tonight.

6TOs don't even do him justice. He flat out gave the ball away or fucked over a possession at least a dozen times in tonight's game alone.

He did everything in his power to sabotage the Thunder tonight.

It was weird. At times he was really good. The pass finding Ibaka and then the basket with 1 min to go or so to go up 4 were both plays that OKC needed. But he also had that horrific travel and botched layup just before that.

He was good at times and really bad other times. Sometimes on back to back possessions.

I don't blame him for the offensive foul on Parker (joke call) or Harden idiotically throwing him a bad pass near the halfcourt which were TOs on him, though. But he took some awful shots early in the clock and dribbled out the clock for no reason other times in the 4th. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised OKC won with Westbrook playing so up and down like that on the road.

Parker was pretty erratic, too. He was just fortunate to get bailed out a lot for it by bad calls. But he didn't get it his last time when he flopped the ball out of bounds.

It was weird. At times he was really good. The pass finding Ibaka and then the basket with 1 min to go or so to go up 4 were both plays that OKC needed. But he also had that horrific travel and botched layup just before that.

He was good at times and really bad other times. Sometimes on back to back possessions.

I don't blame him for the offensive foul on Parker (joke call) or Harden idiotically throwing him a bad pass near the halfcourt which were TOs on him, though. But he took some awful shots early in the clock and dribbled out the clock for no reason other times in the 4th. Honestly, I'm a bit surprised OKC won with Westbrook playing so up and down like that on the road.

Parker was pretty erratic, too. He was just fortunate to get bailed out a lot for it by bad calls. But he didn't get it his last time when he flopped the ball out of bounds.

parker got quite a few fortunate calls on plays that were at a dead end. i thought the spurs more or less lost the game early. the thunder were called for 3 fouls within the first minute of play. the spurs were shooting FT's from the 10 minute mark of the first quarter and they couldn't capitalize. they got ibaka out of the game within 1 minute and they couldn't capitalize. they needed to come out and really punch OKC in the mouth early and they didn't do it

parker got quite a few fortunate calls on plays that were at a dead end. i thought the spurs more or less lost the game early. the thunder were called for 3 fouls within the first minute of play. the spurs were shooting FT's from the 10 minute mark of the first quarter and they couldn't capitalize. they got ibaka out of the game within 1 minute and they couldn't capitalize. they needed to come out and really punch OKC in the mouth early and they didn't do it

Yup

me said:
I think the Spurs lost the game the first 5 minutes in the 1st. OKC looked like they weren't ready for the game or something and the Spurs just couldn't capitalize on it. And the terrible foul calls their way to start. After like 5 minutes I couldn't figure out how the Thunder were only down what...4? Should have been a 12+ point lead.

Really, Ginobili's heroics was the reason they were even in the game. Duncan looks so old out there, at times.

OKC looked up at the 6 min mark of the 1st and said "damn, we're only down 4 after playing like that? We got this." Just like the Kings on their 5-3 penalty kill tonight! The stench of blood was in the air after that.

Yup

Really, Ginobili's heroics was the reason they were even in the game. Duncan looks so old out there, at times.

dang i stole your words :(

you could feel the spurs were in trouble when the thunder had a 8 point lead at the half and durant only had 6 points or something. it's hard to predict game 6 though. i want to say the spurs are going to come out and execute but i thought they were going to handle OKC in game 4 after getting embarrassed. i thought for sure they would win this game tonight so i don't know

Spurs are definitely capable of winning game 6 on the road. But it won't be easy.

Guys like Neal, Leonard, and Green have never been in this type of situation this far in the playoffs. Jax and Diaw have been steady as they've been there before, but I think someone else has to show up for the Spurs at some level.

I feel like Westbrook is due for a breakout game. But i really have no feel how game 6 will play out.

Spurs are definitely capable of winning game 6 on the road. But it won't be easy.

Guys like Neal, Leonard, and Green have never been in this type of situation this far in the playoffs. Jax and Diaw have been steady as they've been there before, but I think someone else has to show up for the Spurs at some level.

I feel like Westbrook is due for a breakout game. But i really have no feel how game 6 will play out.

to beat OKC, the spurs need contributions from their bench and they need 2 out of 3 OKC scorers (kd, westbrook, harden) to have bad games. i don't see them winning unless that happens, which is why OKC is a tough out for anyone

2K rep on Spike TV talking 2K13:

Interviewer: "What is the feed back from the fans regarding the game, it reviewed very well, but what was the one thing they wanted to see?"

2K rep: "I think more of the same, is the truth."

Shut up and give me back my money!

pilonv1

Interviewer: "What is the feed back from the fans regarding the game, it reviewed very well, but what was the one thing they wanted to see?"

I don't know about you but all I've wanted from 2k is a shitty online experience and they're delivering that in spades.

LeBron will get one before Durant. Book it.

Yeah, I don't think Lebron fears Durant the same way he fears veteran teams. When the Spurs were playing that Sexball in game 1 & 2, you just know Lebron was shitting his pants.

OKC v. Heat would be a good series, but I don't think Lebron fears Durant, YNB, Mr. T, or Saltrick Perkins. I'd take the Heat in 6 if it's OKC in the Finals.

I want more of being traded in My Player mode and seeing my old self stuck in a weird limbo on my former team, or having my stats wiped out if I do something as simple as save a game in the middle in order to finish it later only to completely corrupt my file.

More of the same Dreamcast infrastructure here we come! No wonder why they never revamped it or built it from scratch. Their fans demanded that it return year after year. Really, we're the ones to blame, is the truth.

Fjordson

I want more of being traded in My Player mode and seeing my old self stuck in a weird limbo on my former team, or having my stats wiped out if I do something as simple as save a game in the middle in order to finish it later only to completely corrupt my file.

More of the same Dreamcast infrastructure here we come! No wonder why they never revamped it or built it from scratch. Their fans demanded that it return year after year. Really, we're the ones to blame, is the truth.
Lmao. My Player mode sucks sometimes.

On the Mavs right now and I'm just elated that the CPU traded away Tyson Chandler to the Thunder and we got good ol' Kendrick. Chubby and slow Perkins at that since this My Player was started during the lockout and I guess he hadn't been updated yet.

Also lost Jason Terry for Corey Brewer :lol

a fucking disgrace

live 13 future BELIEVE

Resilient

a fucking disgrace

live 13 future BELIEVE

I saw 5 seconds of live 13 footage during the EA conference and it looked 10x better than that pile of turd 2k12.

Sad story about 2k12. I broke my leg at the end of last year and was forced to play this shit to pass the time. I lost one game too many and snapped; I threw the disc behind a couch I would never be able to reach with my leg in a cast. Needless to say 1 hour later I caved and had someone get it for me. That fucking game.

Yeah, I don't think Lebron fears Durant the same way he fears veteran teams. When the Spurs were playing that Sexball in game 1 & 2, you just know Lebron was shitting his pants.

OKC v. Heat would be a good series, but I don't think Lebron fears Durant, YNB, Mr. T, or Saltrick Perkins. I'd take the Heat in 6 if it's OKC in the Finals.

SMFH.

I will say that lebron isn't himself in some games/situations but I find it pretty laughable to say he's scared of certain teams. He and Bosh beat the Spurs by themselves when they played lol.

giga

Releasing a new nba game every year is stupid. Make it two years so the devs have time to actually fix shit instead of just piling on features. We just want to play ball.

Also, this is a great u mad bro pic.

KD6512.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom